Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edge/Hindrance Compendium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does Savage Worlds need more Edges and Hindrances?
You can never have too much of a good thing
75%
 75%  [ 88 ]
Oh yes you can
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 117

~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage bullets again. or any over the top action flick.

"Make this one count"
Requirement: Heroic, shooting d12,
While making a Shooting roll the player may add his wild die to his shooting roll rather than taking best of the two. This can only be used on a single shot that takes the players whole turn. This attack gains no extra damage for raises.

"What is that sound"
Requirement:Seasoned, Smarts d8.
By throwing some small object in another direction you can make an opposed smarts check against a century or guards (max 2 since they like to stand in pairs). On a successful roll you get +2 on your next action against him/them. On a raise he/they are shaken. with two raises you get the drop on them.
Of course I believe in god, Only because evolution confuses the hell out of me. I mean if we came from monkeys? Why are there still monkeys? Dont give me "there not smart enough to evolve yet" crap. Have you seen some of the people out there?
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneak Attack
Requirements: Veteran, Thief OR Woodsman, Smarts d8+, Stealth d8+
You character is an expert in sneaking forward duringcombat and attacking the enemy from an unexpected direction.
When attacking a foe who is already aware of an attack by your allies, you can still get The Drop on him as long as your own presence has not been noticed yet.
Make a Stealth roll (this does not count as an Action) before each attack. On a failure, your cover is blown and you can no longer benefit fronm this Edge.
Attacking in a way that is noisy (like shooting a gun without silencer) or requires you to step out of concealment (e.g. to attack a foe in close combat) automatically ruins the effect. Whether your cover is blown before or after the attack depends on the situation and is decided by the GM.
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullet-Time
Requirements: Legendary, Agility d12+, Danger Sense, Improved Dodge
Your character has the uncanny ability to be where the bullets ain’t. Ranged atacks against him suffer a furher –1 penalty (for a total of –3 with Improved Dodge) and he adds +3 to his roll to evade area effect weapons when allowed.

Improved Bullet-Time
Requirements: Legendary, Bullet-Time
Same as above, but the penalty to hit your character is now –4 (total) and he adds +4 to his rolls to evade area effect weapons when allowed.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)
Judge Holden
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a twilight:2000 game soon and I want to give this hindrance a try. Its pretty close to FNG from Necro and ToD

Shell Shocked
Your hero has seen and lived through some tough scrapes. When the bullets start to fly and his adrenaline gets pumping he has a tendency to freeze in place.

The character begins the first round of every combat in a Shaken state which can be gotten out of as per the usual rules on wounds. This is a non-damaging shaken for the purposes of stacking to equal a wound

(not really happy with the wording on this one, any suggestions are welcome)

- Dave Foley
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Slugger
Requirements:Novice, d6 strength, d8 fighting
Your hero can ignore minimum strength requirements on weapons and use them to their fullest effect.
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whip Cracker
Requirements:Novice, Intimidation d8,Command
You instill fear in your allies to have them fight more effectively. You may make an intimidation roll on a shaken ally to unshake them. It has the same bonuses/penalties the ally making he roll would have. (E.G. an extra in command edge would give you a +1) On a raise you unshake the ally AND give them a +2 for their next action due to adrenaline.

I was inspired to make this because in Necropolis Senior knights have to take intimidation, yet most of the undead are immune to it.
CaptainZoido
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Range master
Requirements: Veteran, Command, Shooting d8+
You are a skilled shooting range master and know how to make most of the ranged troops under your control.
Those in the command radius add +1 to their Shooting rolls.
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapon of Mass Distraction [Weird Edge]
Reqirements: Novice, Attractive, Spirit d8+
You've some impressive "assets" and you sure know how to make the best use of them to make sure that your opponent's attention is where you want it to be.
When wearing any outfit that leaves at least 90% of your skin exposed, any attack roll made against you suffers a -2 penalty, in addition to any other modifiers that apply. This penalty rises to -4 if you are Very Attractive.

Hardbody [Weird Edge]
Reqirements: Novice, Weapon of Mass Distraction, Brawny
Not only do you have the looks and the guts to run around in a chainmail bikini, you actually have the fortitude to get away with it, too!
When wearing any outfit that leaves at least 90% of your skin exposed, you gain the Hardy mostrous ability.

Tuff Enuff [Weird Edge]
Reqirements: Novice, Weapon of Mass Distraction, Vigor d8+, Spirit d8+
Clothes are for weaklings! And as far as you are concerned, you won't let such minor inconveniences like cold weather stop you from showing off your physique.
When wearing any outfit that leaves at least 90% of your skin exposed, you gain a +2 bouns (+4 with Very Attractive) to any rols to resist fatigue due to environmental influences (cold, heat, radiation, even bumps & bruises!).
Tavis
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After JackAce's Sneak Attack ...

Improved Sneak Attack
Requirements: Sneak Attack, Stealth d10+
Your hero may use Sneak Attack to make a melee attack. As long as the target is slain by the attack they may then make a second stealth roll to maintain their concealment - the attack and second stealth roll do suffer the MAP. If their target is not slain then their cover is blown as normal.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inept (minor)
There's a particular skill at which you just plain suck, no matter how hard you try to improve yourself. When taking this Hindrance, apply it to one of the skills you've purchased for your character. Whenever you roll for that skill, you may not include the Wild Die nor take Edges where the skill is listed as a requirement.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Mistake
Type: Combat
Requirements: Veteran, Spirit d10+, Common Bond
You take great umbrage whenever one of your friends gets hurt badly. Whenever a Wild Card ally (includes fellow PCs) is Incapacitated, your attacks against the opponent who struck the blow inflict an additional 1d6 damage.

(Note: I'm not entirely satisfied with the name I gave this Edge, so suggestions for alternatives would be appreciated. I would also like feedback on the Inept Hindrance in the previous post.)

Edit: Name changed.

Last edited by Sitting Duck on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Pockets

Requirements:Seasoned, Quick Draw
Your hero may draw and use a general item without multi action penalty.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Hindrance is for Horror settings. I'm not entirely happy with the name, so anyone who can think of a better one speak up.

Monster Bait (minor)
You have an unfortunate knack for getting impeded when running away from a monster, whether constantly tripping or running into tree branches. You take a -2 to Chase rolls whenever you are being pursued by some supernatural nasty.
perplext
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Kill
Requirements: Seasoned, Shooting d8
Your character has received some manner of point shooting* training, usually through the military. Once a round your hero gets a free one shot attack against a single enemy who comes into line of sight within his shooting die in inches. This automatically interrupts the target's action unless they were on Hold. In that case roll opposed Agility as usual. Appropriate weapons are pistols, SMGs, shotguns, rifles with no snapfire penalty and ARs. Marksman and Called Shots do not apply.

Improved Quick Kill
Requirements: Quick Kill
As above but range is increased to your shooting die x 2 up to 24".

*point shooting is a method of rapid target acquisition taught by the military for short range combat situations. it's a reflexive technique that relies on muscle memory and doesn't employ the gun sights for aiming.

Moving Targeter
Requirments: Veteran, Shooting d8, Level Headed
Your character has been trained in rapid response team tactics by some agency or shadowy paramilitary organization. If you are on Hold you may use this edge to move up to 3" and remain on Hold. If any other action takes place your Held action is used and any remaining movement (up to 3") may be taken. Appropriate weapons are pistols, SMGs and shotguns.

please bump the associated comment thread with your thoughts! Smile
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pain (or Sadist)
Requirements: Heroic; Fighting d10 ; No Mercy
Your character is adept at inflicting especially painful wounds. Target's Shaken by a your character's attack take a -2 to their Spirit roll to recover.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Cool people really need this thread! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
MadTinkerer
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a Background Edge, Combat Edge or house rule depending on the campaign:

Deadly SOB
Requirements: Novice, Agility d8
If you score a success with a Fighting, Shooting or Throwing roll but not a raise, you may spend a benny to "upgrade" the roll to a raise and roll Bonus Damage.

(Hey it's been almost exactly a year since I posted in this thread!) Smile

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sublime Comedy
Requirements:Novice, Taunt d8
You can get foes to drop their guard through laughter. If you score a success and a raise on a taunt test of wills your opponent is shaken and laughs so hard they drop what they are holding.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: