Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edge/Hindrance Compendium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does Savage Worlds need more Edges and Hindrances?
You can never have too much of a good thing
75%
 75%  [ 90 ]
Oh yes you can
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 119

Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These can see use in any setting where vehicle combat is prominent.

Trademark Vehicle (Combat Edge)
Requirements: Seasoned, Ace, relevant vehicle skill d8+
You have a feel for your vehicle which borders on the supernatural. The maneuverability you can squeeze out of it makes it difficult for anyone to get a decent shot at it. While driving a specific vehicle, all Shooting rolls to hit it are at -1. This Edge should be restricted to personal vehicles (so no dreadnaughts).

Improved Trademark Vehicle (Combat Edge)
Requirements: Veteran, Trademark Vehicle
As above except the penalty is at -2.

Last edited by Sitting Duck on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving down a similar road, I created this for my GTA conversion, but it should work equally well in any setting with strong driver-vehicle relationships.

Wild Car (Background Edge)
Requirements: Novice, must own a vehicle.
You and your vehicle have gone through a lot together, and she's almost as much of a hero as you are.
You must choose a specific vehicle in your possession when you take this Edge. This vehicle can survive an unlimited amount of wounds. Each wound still causes a -1 driving penalty and inflicts a critical hit, but the vehicle is not automatically wrecked by the fourth wound.
The vehicle can still be wrecked by rolling a 12 on the Critical Hit Table, or if she suffers a hit that would obviously obliterate her (like an artillery shell on a muscle car). If the vehicle is ever completely destroyed, the bonus is lost and can not be transferred to a replacement.
Armoury Games
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Counterstrike Reply with quote

Counterstrike
Requirements: Seasoned, First Strike, Fighting d8+
Fighters trained in this aggressive technique know how to deflect an attack and turn their defense into an attack of their own. The counterstrike is not without risk, as fighter can still be struck by his opponent even if his own attack hits.
A fighter may announce his intent to use counterstrike when an attack is declared upon him, but before the fighting roll against him is made. After announcing the counterstrike his Parry is lowered by 2 until his next action. The fighter then makes a counterstrike (fighting roll) and compares the result against his attacker’s fighting roll and Parry value. If the counterstrike exceeds the attacker’s fighting roll then he has parried the blow. If the counterstrike meets or exceeds the attacker’s Parry value, then the attacker has been struck by the counterstrike and damage is rolled. With this technique it is possible to not exceed the attacker’s fighting roll but still land a hit on him, resulting in damage being rolled by both combatants.
Only one counterstrike attempt may be made per round. Counterstrike cannot be used in the same round as First Strike, and vice versa. Counterstrike may be combined with a wild attack.
Dolomite23
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you say the wrong thing or you just get on someone’s nerves, and the tempers flare your way.

Pass the Buck (Major)

If you character is the sole focus of negative social reaction. You must have a fate chip to pass. You may pass the chip to another Wild Card; the focus is now moved to the new target. The Wild card may use the chip but not to pass the buck himself, but multiple WCs with this edge may use it after it has been used on them.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolomite23 wrote:
Sometimes you say the wrong thing or you just get on someone’s nerves, and the tempers flare your way.

Pass the Buck (Major)

If you character is the sole focus of negative social reaction. You must have a fate chip to pass. You may pass the chip to another Wild Card; the focus is now moved to the new target. The Wild card may use the chip but not to pass the buck himself, but multiple WCs with this edge may use it after it has been used on them.

No, not an edge. Laughing

Steve

But it would make an outstanding Adventure Deck Card! Cool
~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Space marines from Savaged warhammer 40K)

Combat Edge

Stand and fightrock and roll, shooting d10.
Using this edge the character my give up his movement to double the rate of fire of his weapon. with a -2 to all actions. This always results in an empty clip.
Of course I believe in god, Only because evolution confuses the hell out of me. I mean if we came from monkeys? Why are there still monkeys? Dont give me "there not smart enough to evolve yet" crap. Have you seen some of the people out there?

Last edited by ~HANZO~ on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leadership Edge

Hold strongSeasoned,command, Guts d8.
You inspire your men to hold tight, even against the greatest horrors.
All allies under your command get a +2 to guts checks provided you
pass yours first.
Of course I believe in god, Only because evolution confuses the hell out of me. I mean if we came from monkeys? Why are there still monkeys? Dont give me "there not smart enough to evolve yet" crap. Have you seen some of the people out there?
~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird Edge {vampiric edge}

Awe of AthoritySeasoned, Spirit d10, Intimidate d6, persuasion d6.
Your character has a way about him that makes others stand in awe and fear all at the same time. +2 to both intimidate and persuasion skill rolls.
MadTinkerer
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple Combat Edges I came up with:

Awesomeness Master
Requirements: Seasoned, Agility d6, Smarts d6
Your Hero is, quite simply, "Awesome". You may spend one benny to ignore up to two points of penalties to any and all your rolls in a round, whether it's from multi-action penalties or called shots or whatever. You must spend the benny before rolling.

Awesomeness Legend
Requirements: Legendary, Awesomeness Master, Agility d8, Smarts d8
Your Hero is way beyond Awesome. Your Hero may spend one or more bennies to ignore two points of penalties, with the points stacking. So you could spend two bennies to ingore four points of penalties to all rolls.

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! It's a good think this thread was polled!

I had these ideas for two Leadership Edges:

Through the Gates of Hell
Requirements: Veteran, Hold The Line!
The character is beloved and trusted by his troops, so that they would literally follow him to the Gates of Hell and beyond.
Whenever the fighters need to make Fear checks, as long as this character succeeds on his Guts roll, all troops under his command automatically succeed as well.

Battle Hymn
Requirements: ???
The character can spend an Action and make a Persuasion roll to lead the troops surrounding him into an inspiring, encouraging and possible patriotic song. As long as the song continues, the character's Leadership Edges affect all troops participating in the song, no matter how distant.

In the first round, the range of this effect is obviously limited to the reach of the character's voice, but on subsequent rounds the song can spread to more distant units who hear the singing of their comrades.

Each group of fighters must spend an Action to start singing, but once this is done, they can continue singing and perform other tasks without penalty (excluding tasks that would require them to use their voices, for obvious reasons).
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motor Mouth
Requirements:Novice D8 Agility, D8 Smarts
You talk fast, have the gift of gab, or just can't shut up. No MAP when taunting or using intimidate and another action.
AFDia
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite 2 house-rule hindrances:

No sense of humor (Minor)
You have never laughed in your life and you hate it if someone tries to be funny by making a joke or something. The life is serious business and there is no place for kidding around in your presence.

Troublesome sense of humor (Major)

You can laugh about nearly everything and your favorite type of humor is mischievousness.
Your ability to laugh about bagatelles in the most inappropriate situations (like the funeral of your best friend, a surgery or an audience with the king) often causes troubles.
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Die Hard

Requirements: Improved Nerves of Steel, Legendary,Wild Card

The hero do not suffer from Wound penalties; instead, they take the
corresponding penalty number as a bonus to all their rolls instead (i.e., instead of a -1 penalty for one Wound, they get a +1 bonus). They also do ot suffer reduced pace. This replaces the Improved nerves of steel benefit.
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imposing Will
Requirement: Strongwilled, Heroic

Your hero's will is so strong it can affect groups. Instead of using test of wills against a single foe, the hero may try to influence everyone within a large burst template (with the hero being the center) at a -2 penalty (which nullifies the bonus from Strongwilled).

Renamed from Frightful Presence by blackheart on the super maneuvers thread.
~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rippers edges:

See Past The veil
Requirement: spirit d8, notice d8, Knowledge: Occult.
You have a 6th sense when noticing or sizing up the occult. This often entails seeing signs in your tea. or the wind direction. A bird of a certain variety flying the right direction. These signs are mostly associated with possession or normal mortals that are in the control of a supernatural source. On a successful notice roll you can tell if a person is "more than he appears". While this ability does not grant knowledge of the type or scale of the supernatural nature. But a "feeling" that something is just not right about the subject.

Mesmerize
Requirement: spirit d8, persuasion d10. charisma +1 or better.
Any time you make a persuasion roll against a normal subject, after making eye contact with them. roll a d8 for wild die. This can only be used with subjects that are neutral towards you and have no reason to mistrust you.

Improved Mesmerize[
Requirement: Mesmerize. spirit d10, persuasion d10. charisma +3 or better.
same as Mesmerize, but wild die d10.

Last edited by ~HANZO~ on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agressive Mesmerize
Requirement: Mesmerize, spirit d10
same as Mesmerize, can be ued on targets who are hostile or mistrust your character.
~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<rippers only>

Bluff
Requirement: performance:d8, Spirit d6.
before making an influence roll a player with this Edge may choose to bluff. this is usually a stretching the truth a little. Not an out right lie. Like calling your cottage in the foot hills your "ancestral estate". Or your fairly well crafted sword you got from a Spanish pirate named Cortes "the sword of Cortez". If the performance roll is successful you have 2 temporary status that can be used in dealing with this subject. on your next use of status against him. this status is lost if you loose the roll but is taken from temporary status first. If your Bluff is ever found to be untrue. Or you are caught in your stretch of the truth you loose 1 permanent status. As rumors have a way of getting around.
~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Background Edges
<cyberpunk/shadowrun Edge>

Genetically Enhanced
You were born in up town. A child of a wealthy house. You were enhanced geneticaly to give you an edge in the world. Start with one attribute at d6 rather than d4 at start of character creation. This edge maybe taken more than once but a different attribute must be chosen each time.

Improved Genetically Enhanced
Requirement:Genetically Enhanced
Choose an attribute that was already Genetically enhanced. That attribute starts as an d8 rather than d6.

Last edited by ~HANZO~ on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Savage bullets Edges

Unshakable
Requirement: heroic, Spirit d10, Vigor d12.
Any time a character ends a round shaken he is instantly unshaken at the beginning his next turn.

Gun-Fu
Requirement:novice, agility d8, shooting d10.
You are a master of lead rain. You dance through the battle field spraying hot lead in all directions. You sacrifise some accuracy for your constant moving and dodging. At the beginning of your turn you can gain a dodge bonus by lowering your shooting die by one die. -2 to be hit for each die type lowered.
longarms
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one works for any setting...

HEAVY HANDED - background edge, requires STR d8

Whether due to sheer mass, or by training, in melee combat you favor brutal strikes at the price of accuracy. The downside of this edge is that whenever you hit with a raise, you roll a d4 instead of a d6 for extra damage. The upside of this edge is that your brutal hits send opponents flying backwards a number of inches equal to the result showing on your extra d4 damage roll. If the opponent strikes a solid object, such as a wall, they are automatically Shaken. If already Shaken, the opponent takes a wound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: