Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the most wanted Legion Release?
Empire of Silk & Steel
38%
 38%  [ 13 ]
Leagues of Adventure
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Dime Novels
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
World of Meridian Setting
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
World of Meridian Adventures
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Savage Features
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Weird Wars 2: Mission Manuals
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

robsterdobster
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

Hi Folks

Update on all that’s in the works:

Dime Novels
Deadshot has been well received and is now out for sale - if you've not bought one please be sure to check it out! Our very own Dave (Sundered Skies) Blewer has written a great new Deadlands Dime Novel called Frostbite. It is being prepared for release right now and will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks. Get those pistols ready for further weird west action Reloaded style!

Empire of Silk & Steel
EoS&S is progressing very well. The first draft of the book has been submitted and the core design team i.e. me, Simon Lucas, Kirsty Crabb and Rob Jones are play testing the game now. Some artwork has been ordered and we are working hard to complete the book for release next year. We have been working on the story arc and plot points this week and in our test games the martial arts has been incredible fun! I don't think Rob will be taking on 4 master assassins in a hurry again - hope those wounds heal soon Rob! ;o)

World of Meridian
If you've not encountered our fantasy adventures be sure to check them out! Each tale is set in Meridian Legions Savage Worlds fantasy setting although you can drop these into your own fantasy setting very easily. The Hunt has been available for a while but All That Glisters has just been up a couple of weeks. There are total of 32 adventures in the pipeline – so if you want to get away from all the horror and wish to strap on the plate mail and ready a short sword, be sure to order yours now!

Leagues of Adventure
Still very much in the early stages we have made some progress especially in Globetrotter generation. There is a lot of work to be completed on this setting but Rob and I have completed our seed document which contains the scope, flavour and rules we wish to see within the game – we just have to fill in the gaps! This setting will follow the release of Empire of Silk & Steel and I don’t see it being released until late 2007.

So we are busy people I promise!

Any questions?

Thanks for your support.

Production Director
Triple Ace Games

www.tripleacegames.com

Alan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

robsterdobster wrote:
World of Meridian
-snip-
Any questions?

Firsy and foremost - thanks for the update, it is good to know there is still definitly stuff going on, and plenty of it too from the sounds of things. I've been more than a tad curious about leagues of adventure since it was announced so that bagged my vote. But my real question is - what makes the world of meridian special?

Savage worlds does kind of lack the some would say traditional fantasy setting of high magic and adventure that might just be used to attract people to the system a little more, but shaintar might redress that, the toolkits and various fan stuffs help plenty and there are even some fantasy settings that offer their own strange twists to make them kinda sexy. So is meridian going to fill that hole? is it's generic adventures so far just a cunning facade to hide its true uniqueness? Go on, sprinkle a few details on the name....

Follow Savage Mojo on Twitter.
robsterdobster
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

Alan wrote:

Savage worlds does kind of lack the some would say traditional fantasy setting of high magic and adventure that might just be used to attract people to the system a little more...... So is meridian going to fill that hole? is it's generic adventures so far just a cunning facade to hide its true uniqueness?

We see Meridian as that high fantasy setting but the details are still in development. We are still thinking about the direction in which to take things and it also depends on what the fans what to see!

Production Director
Triple Ace Games

www.tripleacegames.com

Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
Savage worlds does kind of lack the some would say traditional fantasy setting of high magic and adventure that might just be used to attract people to the system a little more, but Shaintar might redress that...

I can assure you that Shaintar: Immortal Legends is designed to do exactly that. I've always intended Shaintar to stand as the "Forgotten Realms" for Savage Worlds fans.

One area where Legion will be fulfilling a need I don't see accomplishing the same way is where adventures are concerned. Modules and such are not currently in our plan at all. I will be talking more about what we plan to do to support GMs running adventures in Shaintar under my own heading, but I wanted to emphasize that Legion's publication of fantasy adventures is not something we will be duplicating. They do an excellent job of that already.

What you will be getting from us is a very complete, very thorough Epic High Fantasy setting book.

In a very short while, if all goes well.

Bad Dog. Good Games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

robsterdobster wrote:

Empire of Silk & Steel
EoS&S is progressing very well. The first draft of the book has been submitted and the core design team i.e. me, Simon Lucas, Kirsty Crabb and Rob Jones are play testing the game now. Some artwork has been ordered and we are working hard to complete the book for release next year. We have been working on the story arc and plot points this week and in our test games the martial arts has been incredible fun! I don't think Rob will be taking on 4 master assassins in a hurry again - hope those wounds heal soon Rob! ;o)

Rob,

I'm very much looking forward to this setting. From what tiny bits I've heard about it, it sounds awesome!

robsterdobster wrote:

So we are busy people I promise!

Riiight. Wink

robsterdobster wrote:

Any questions?

Can you reveal any teasers on this yet?

Regards,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
robsterdobster
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

Sean Patrick Fannon wrote:

I can assure you that Shaintar: Immortal Legends is designed to do exactly that. I've always intended Shaintar to stand as the "Forgotten Realms" for Savage Worlds fans.

We at Legion wish every success for the Shainter brand. A Meridian setting is a long way off and as I said, the direction of its development is yet to be decided.

Production Director
Triple Ace Games

www.tripleacegames.com

Mike McCall
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

Sean Patrick Fannon wrote:
Alan wrote:
Savage worlds does kind of lack the some would say traditional fantasy setting of high magic and adventure that might just be used to attract people to the system a little more, but Shaintar might redress that...

Good. More fodder for me to utterly annihilate to build the Forge out of. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
robsterdobster
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

robsterdobster wrote:
Our very own Dave (Sundered Skies) Blewer has written a great new Deadlands Dime Novel called Frostbite.

Just in case anyone missed the news Frostbite is now out and available to buy from www.peginc.com, www.rpgnow.com & www.dtrpg.com with the paperback edition available from www.legionpublishing.co.uk.

Dave's done a wonderful job for this Dime Novel even going back over it to check that it's completely compatible with Deadlands Reloaded - which it is! Dave Blewer is one of Pinnacles & Legions secret weapons when it comes editing and generally being a good and useful chap to have about. Sundered Skies is now being worked on which is going to be awesome! but if you want a taste of some of Dave's writing then be sure to check out Frostbite for Deadlands Reloaded - you will not be disappointed!

The official blurb:

COLD-BLOODED MURDER!

Frostbite, by none other than our very own Dave Blewer is a creepy tale of the Weird West. The Town of Overhang has a dark secret, and a history of murder, fear and dark magic. Things are stirring on Mount Frostbite, things best left undisturbed. The townsfolk are frightened and miners are being picked off one by one.

Into this powder keg of fear, mistrust, and treachery comes riding a posse of strangers, looking to make some easy money. Can your heroes discover the reason for these murders? Can they deliver the town from the evil in which is now enveloped?

Production Director
Triple Ace Games

www.tripleacegames.com

Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

robsterdobster wrote:
Dave Blewer is one of Pinnacles & Legions secret weapons when it comes editing and generally being a good and useful chap to have about.

I'd just like to add that Dave is one of a small team of editors and proofreaders who help us get products to you guys and gals. Another hard working volunteer who really does deserve credit for his efforts is Piotr. These guys really are the unsung heroes of PEG's production line, and without them production would be much slower than it already is (which we're working on improving, as you all know).

Wiggy
Pure Evil Model: D
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

robsterdobster wrote:

Empire of Silk & Steel

if thats the one i'm thinking of (Steampunks and samurai) i'm looking forward to that one. i wanna play a Sumo...

Printfection Store! Tons of new designs and styles
CafePress Store!
robsterdobster
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

Pure Evil Model: D wrote:

if thats the one i'm thinking of (Steampunks and samurai) i'm looking forward to that one. i wanna play a Sumo...

Sorry - no ours is the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Chinese game - I believe your thinking of Iron Dynasty!

Production Director
Triple Ace Games

www.tripleacegames.com

robsterdobster
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

razorwise wrote:
Can you reveal any teasers on this yet? Regards, Sean

Thanks for asking Sean, I can give you a little bit of detail about the setting and what you can expect to see.

An Introduction to the Empire - Tian Huan
Lat Sau is the central province of the empire which is where the sacred Imperial City is situated and the home of the Celestial Emperor. The various lands of the empire stretch out from this central point and include the dry deserts of the So Kon region in the north to the rich and fertile Wah Tung Delta in the south. There are creatures and rogues to encounter that inhabit the land, from foul demons to deadly river pirates. Heroes will find adventure in every corner of Tian Huan.

Martial Arts
In the world of Wuxia fighting, heroes can choose to take the 'Soft' way or the 'Hard' way when it comes to unarmed combat and they must travel the provinces learning new techniques from masters to improve their abilities. As your hero picks up new techniques, a distinct style is created.
For example:
Shei Ling is a wandering martial artist who has picked up numerous techniques as a student. Spinning Lotus Strike, Striking Dragon Fist, Coiled Dragon Kick, and Spinning Plum Blossom all combine to form Shei Ling’s style: Spinning Dragon Style. Thus, if Shei Ling were to start her own school, teaching Spinning Dragon style, students would be able to learn any technique with the words Spinning or Dragon in its title.

Wuxia Tales
Empire of Silk and Steel is a Plot Point setting and will have a definite story arc in which your players can explore the wonders of the Empire. There will be over 30 savage tales in which heroes will be tested to their limits.

We will release more information along with sample pages/art soon when the details of the book are fixed.

Production Director
Triple Ace Games

www.tripleacegames.com

razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

robsterdobster wrote:
razorwise wrote:

Thanks for asking Sean, I can give you a little bit of detail about the setting and what you can expect to see.

Lat Sau is the central province of the empire which is where the sacred Imperial City is situated and the home of the Celestial Emperor. The various lands of the empire stretch out from this central point and include the dry deserts of the So Kon region in the north to the rich and fertile Wah Tung Delta in the south. There are creatures and rogues to encounter that inhabit the land, from foul demons to deadly river pirates. Heroes will find adventure in every corner of Tian Huan.

Martial Arts
In the world of Wuxia fighting, heroes can choose to take the 'Soft' way or the 'Hard' way when it comes to unarmed combat and they must travel the provinces learning new techniques from masters to improve their abilities. As your hero picks up new techniques, a distinct style is created.
For example:
Shei Ling is a wandering martial artist who has picked up numerous techniques as a student. Spinning Lotus Strike, Striking Dragon Fist, Coiled Dragon Kick, and Spinning Plum Blossom all combine to form Shei Ling’s style: Spinning Dragon Style. Thus, if Shei Ling were to start her own school, teaching Spinning Dragon style, students would be able to learn any technique with the words Spinning or Dragon in its title.

This sounds uber-cool!

robsterdobster wrote:

Wuxia Tales
Empire of Silk and Steel is a Plot Point setting and will have a definite story arc in which your players can explore the wonders of the Empire. There will be over 30 savage tales in which heroes will be tested to their limits.

We will release more information along with sample pages/art soon when the details of the book are fixed.

I can't wait.

Regards,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
johnmarron
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: [LEGION PUBLISHING] NEWS Reply with quote

robsterdobster wrote:
razorwise wrote:

Martial Arts
For example:

Wuxia Tales

Robin,

Any more updates on Empire of Silk and Steel? This is without a doubt the SW product that I am most looking forward to (although it seems like there are plenty of great books on the way for 2007).

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: