Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inspired Junking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've learned to be creative in my 'vetoes'. I've had players come to me with such things as a Garou metis with no Crinos form as his deformity.

Heck, I've even been one of those. I played Spike Witwicky (the kid in the old Transformers cartoons) as a Junker with Megatron as his familiar, so even I'm guilty.

I'm very free with 'loot' in my games. My players will come across large stockpiles but them a game or two later could go through an adventure and have their car blown up or some pick pocket run off with their tricked out gun. For example, in one game the posse told the AI in their Humvee to go to Junkyard if they don't return in a couple days, because they "are most likely dead." So it did and then used all their gear and salvage they had saved to pay for 'upgrades'. Man they where pissed, but took it in good stride.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is a couple I've been toying with:

Healing Bag
The Healing Bag is not some Indian medicine pouch or new version of it, it's a very special sleeping bag. Woven into the lining is heating pads, stitchers and other device that heal anyone that sleeps in it. At the end of the bag is a small device about the size of a softball except cylindrical and the length of the bottom of the bag. The bag also keeps a constant 72 for the comfort of the patient. While the process is slow it keeps the chance of mutation low (roll for each wound not the total wounds) and is reusable.

Device Profile: Healing Bag
Frame: 6
Healing: one wound
Temperature: 72
Extras: Powerjack, 200-point powerpack
Drain: 20/wound
Available Slots: .2
Stability: 18
Total Components:
Chemical: 5
Electrical: 6
Mechanical: 6
Structural: 7
Minor Side Effect: It takes an hour to heal each point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Repair Droid
Riding around the wastelands can be hell on a car. Fixing them takes some skill and lots of time. Take a Repair Droid with you and it does all the repairs for you. It can maintain and repair all automobiles, electronics, and lots of other devices. Modeled after the popular frame of the Star Wars movies.

Device Profile: Repair Droid
Frame: 5
Agility: 2d8
AI: 2d8
Brain: 2d8, 6 slug storage (Science: Engineering 4, Tinkerin' 4, Trade: Mechanic 4, Trade: Electrician 4)
Commo: Data, audio, video, direct link, speaker, 3D holographic display
Locomotion: 3 wheels, 5 MPH acceleration
Reactor: Level 2 (output = 4/round)
Sensor: Sight & sound, passive, 100-yards
Extras: Datajack, powerjack
Drain: 18/hour + 2/day
Available Slots: 8.72
Stability: 18
Total Components:
Chemical: 2
Electrical: 18
Mechanical: 16
Structural: 17
Note: Reactor puts out 69120 G-Rays a day. R-D unit uses 434 G-Rays a day. If the reactor is set to put out 1% normal it will last 99 years with 258 G-Rays lost a day. Back when Junkman Comith came out I annoyed Hopler with the question of setting the reactor to different levels of output to see if this was possible. I could almost feel the stare through the screen and picture him shaking his head reading the listserver post that day... Laughing

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done up some new devices. They look good on Paper, but I still need to write them up. But here's the jist of it.

Learning Machine

This device uses Brains, Commo, and a spirit fetter for the power supply to teach old brainers new tricks.

The device has a 2d8 Brains processor, which downloads a skill slug to transmit. It also has a Medicine skill built in so it can monitor a diagnosis of the patient. It uses data transfer via a cable link (nodes which enter the temples; -1 Wind). The device then downloads the skill slug into the patient. Meanwhile, The junker or Doc can monitor the vitals on a small screen. The whole device is controlled with a keyboard, which is also used to select which block of storage to use (2 2 built in or the slug port).

I think it all came out to about Size 5, so a small bed or something like an MRI or CT scan machine. There is an additional sideeffect (aside from thew Wind damage). When used, there will be some sort of Spirit roll vs mental trauma from having a new skill dumped into you.

I haven't really thought of how to make a reverse Learning Machine, which will output Skill slugs rather than teach people stuff.

Powergrid

This device is an all in one machine to create, store and generate electricity from irradiated ghost rock. It uses Temperature, Generator, a huge powerpack, and an IR G-Ray collector, all built into one unit.

The Temperature oven is set to nuke, which will irradiate a pound or two of ghost rock. The ghost rock is then burned for its G-Rays, which are stored in a 2000 point powerpack (enough for 2 pounds of ghost rock). The generator then draws a relatively small amount of power from the powerpack and converts it into electricity. The amount of electricity will vary, but will probably be enough for either a typical household or city block (just make the whole device bigger).

This one is pretty huge. It's mostly meant to build for a settlement in exchange for food, shelter, or scrap. A much smaller version could be made using a Spirit Fetter, which would rule out the G-Ray collector and Temperature sections. But it might be too bothersome to make large amounts of Spirit Fetters to just leave around.

Stay tuned for the actual device write ups, or critique from what I have here.
wheeljack
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my friends came up with an infinate battery. OK a spiret fetter is used to get G-rays from manitues to power cyborgs. the rating is based on the manitou. on scrappers a simular device is set up to tap the soul (hence the soul tap name but hell its the same thing).

well we took it 1 farther. Since soul taps and fetters G-ray rating is based on SPIRIT die type we made "fetter batteries". yea you have to go through all the crap for building one from teh cyborgs book BUT on the bright side you dont need the healing power. OK. all you need are typical zombies (1d4 spirits) or doombringers (D12's woot). ok first you hack off their heads. pretty easy called shot or if they are down from gut shots that works to. makes it easyer when they arnt moving. well now what do you do with a headless undead doomsayer?

thats easy. make your device to fetter the manitou powering the undead critter. so now you have a 5 slot battery, but instead of putting it back in the undeads brain you hook it to your ray gun or your G-ray powered beer cooler. so instead of powering a cyborgs systems your powering something usefull. GM will NEVER through a hoard of zombies your way if there is a junker in the party. just think that 10D20 ray gun of doom powered by 50 zombie brains and never needs recharged!

example on how i made my "pulse lazer"

Damage 4D8 .2 X 4 = .8 ammo size
RoF 15 = X21 ammo size so RoF slots = 16.8 slots
Range 5 (who wants to shoot long distance with it anyway) ammo size X2 (1.6 slots but cuts drain by half)
Drain = 1.6 X 15 = 24 X .5 (range increment) = 12 per shot. X 15 for RoF = 180. sounds painfull right? so far weapon size is only 18.4 slots but thats barly a size 3.. ok the fun part. (altho in game time it could be a few weeks or months project)
180 / 4 = 45. so you need 45 fettered zombie brains OR 180 / 12 = 15 former doombringers to power the weapon infinatly. 45 X 5 = 225 slots worth of zombie brain power. so if you go this route its a really small pintal mount weapon attached to your cars battery or a back pack type weapon (can always use miniturize i guess)
OR
if you go with doombringers (or other undead you managed to put downwith a D12 rating) 15 x 5 = only 75 slots. that puts it the size of a SMG. easly portable and powered by hell.

note that stability can be a pain becasue marshal can rule the "undead" gain controle of the device do to fetter leak and can cause no end of trouble and an android (ai) powered as such can be a real headache.

you been warned.

still safer then a leaking reactor but remember, you have to build each fetter/tap seperatly. this can be a big pain in the butt for junkers but the pay off is great. so if yoru marshal is wondering why yoru saving zombie heads just tell em as trophies. heck imounted mine on the hood of my tank and hooked up an electrical pulse and made them do "dixie" in moans. my marshal made me role play out thier "training" so they new what to do when they was zapped.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheeljack wrote:
Me and my friends came up with an infinate battery. OK a spiret fetter...

Already hit that, and illuded to it in my last post. But thanks for fleshing out the details.

You can indeed build a fetter to power devices. Whether or not your Marshal will hate you for it is a different story. Personally, I would use them sparingly. Devices that suck a lot of power or that are really important would use it. That's why I didn't originally build one into the Powergrid device I described earlier. Start flinging Spirit Fetters around, and I'm sure something bad would happen.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medigun
I've been on a bit of a team fortress II kick lately so I decided to stat the good Doktor's medigun.

Junkers have a huge leg up over traditional mad scientists because of their ability to create machines that heal. The problem is that you will wind up in a situation where you need somebody healed in the middle of a firefight and just don't have the time to run right up and stick the medipack on whoever has been catching the majority of the lead.

A few inventive junkers have modified their healing devices into ranged 'mediguns' with the capacity to heal their allies from a distance.

The medigun is a strange device which looks like a some sort of backpack mounted capacitor with a firehose attached. Rumor has it some very skilled junkers can create a more effecient version of this device which creates an energy shield which can protect both the healer and his target.

Frame Size 4 (/54)

Healing
Reusable Aid-Pack (1 wound per use)
Slots: 7
Drain: 20/gr per wound

Flash Gordon
Beam Weapon
ammo size: 7 (size of Aid-Pack)
Range Inc: 10
ROF: 1 (speed 2)
Slots: 21 slots

extras
200/gr powerpack (25 slots)
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
Junkers have a huge leg up over traditional mad scientists because of their ability to create machines that heal.

Strictly speaking that's not accurate. Perils of the New Science (which was written after The Junkman Cometh) featured a Physician's Assistant which aided on medicine rolls. Though I will grant you that it was a scary looking rig, and when the Reliability roll failed look out.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something that gives a bonus to a medicine roll can't really compare with magic healing cause it's fast and requires no roll.

Junkers a awesome healers because of that, if you loose an arm you are better off having a junker heal you an risk a mutation than having a templar or doomie healing it and risk them failing the roll and the limb being lost forever.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget the matter of resurrection... As far as I know a MS can't create something to do that...

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alchemy actually has something which can bring back the dead however it is not nearly as reliable as the junker res. The only catch is that the junker rez is fragging huge. However if you adjust for the -2 size issue it gets a little better but it is still something the average Junker Can't really cart around with him.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done it again. I can't remember where I got the idea from, but I read somewhere that there were not only Hoverbikes and the dreaded Hovertanks during the Last War, but also hover cars and jeeps. It basically went from there, trying to figure out how to make a good posse vehicle.

I give you...

Hover Chev

Although built from the body of a burned out full-sized pickup truck, the Hover Chev has a few unique modifications. The most notable modification replaces the vehicles puny tires with powerful turbofan, turning the vehicle into a hovercraft. Unfortunately, the increased size of the fans infringes on the passanger space quite noticable. The Hover Chev also sprts some minor modifications, such as armor and weapon mounts. The vehicle features AV 1 armor plating on the front, reaer, and side windows.is actually a powered turret. The Junker who build the Hover Chev even got the Cigarette Lighter working... sort of. Lastly, because the Junker got lazy, the vehicle uses the headlights from the original truck's chassis.

Pass: 2+6
Engine: G-Ray
Gas Tank: 220 pt Spirit Battery
Drain: 11/Hour
Susp: Hover
Wheels: 0
Top Speed: 200
Pace: 500
Accel: 15 MPH
Durab: 45/9
Armor: 1
Handling: -1
Size: +3
Load Limit: 36

Mounting Locations: Doors (x2) 4, Hood 10/3, Front Fenders (x2) 4, Rear Fenders (x2) 4, Bed 16/11, Roof 8.

Device Profile: Hover Chev
Size 14

Locomotion:
11 drain/hour
Handling -1, Load Limit 36
Hover Suspension (307.2 slots)
Top Speed 200 MPH
Acceleration 15 MPH (256 slots)
Passangers 2 in cab, 6 in bed (140 + 210 slots)
Bed mounted Front Pintle, sized for heavy machine gun (4.3 slots)
4.3 slots of deadspace (for Bed mount) (4.3 slots)
Hood mounted Front Turret for light machine gun (15.35 slots taken up in vehicle)

Armor:
2x 54 slots (Front and Rear Window cover), AV 1 (10.8 slots)
2x 31 slots (Side window covers), AV 1 (6.2 slots)

Extras:
220 pt Spirit Battery (27.5 slots)
3 Powerjack (6 slots)

987.65 slots (36.35 remaining)
Drain: 11/hour

Hood Mounted Turret

This turrent is located on the right side of the hood of the Hover Chev, in front of the passanger. The turret is build to house a light machine gun, such as the M-120 minigun. The turret is powered (hooked up to the Hover Chev's Spirit Battery), and controlled by a trackball mouse mounted on the dashboard. The turret is mounted into the vehicle itself (using slots allocated from the vehicle's total), rather then being seperately mounted (ie. does not count against Load Limit).

Device Profile: Hood Mounted Turret
Frame 5

Locomotion:
Turret for light machine gun (Frame 4)
AV 1 (5.4 slots)
2.5 drain/Hour

Commo:
Trackball (2 slots)

Extras:
Powerjack (2 slots)

63.4 slots (22.6 remaining)
Drain: 2.5/hour

Battlefield Screen Module

Normally, when driving with armored windows, the driver (and his nuddies) have a fair amount of trouble seeing clearly. Vision is impaired, and the posse might miss that important ambush. With the Battlefield Screen Module, these are problems no more.

The device is made of of two parts. A large sensor, about the size of a small briefcase, is mounted on the hood, just in front of the windshield. This module captures what is going on in front of the vehicle. The position of the sensor also captures the location of any hood mounted weapons. This video feed is then sent to the second part of the device, which sits on the inside of the windshield, on the dashboard. This part is a large holo projector, which projects the video feed inside the front of the cab. When the Battlefield Screen Module is activated, it can clearly display what is going outside to the driver and his passangers.

Because part of the device is mounted on the exterior of the vehicle, and not wanting to lose visuals during a fire fight (or a stray rock), the sensor pasrt of the device is build with AV 1 armor plating. The device is powered via a spirit cable running into the dashboard of the Hover Chev. It is worth noting that the module is a G-Ray pig. The module uses almost twice as much power as the Hover Chev itself. Thus, the module is meant only for combat purposes. It could be used during long trips, but the posse will soon find themselves out of gas.

Device Profile: Battlefield Screen Module
Frame 3

Sensor:
Basic Sight (1 slot)
3d8 (3 slots)
Passive, 500 yard range, wide angle (6 slots)
9 drain/hour

Armor:
AV 1 (cover the sensor) (1 slot)

Commo:
Video (0.5 slots)
Direct Transmission (.25 multiplier)
Keyboard (5 slots)
Large 3D Holo projector (12 slots)
6.5 drain/hour

Extras:
Powerjack (2 slots)

30.5 slots (.5 remaining)
Load 3
Drain: 15.5/hour

So basically, you have 3 major devices. The hover truck itself, the turret, and the Screen module. Very complicated. Probably very hard to build.

The remaining 30 some slots in the truck withh probably be taken up by either any passenger in the bed, or by doubling the spirit battery. Not sure yet.

So here you have it. A creative Junker solution to a vehicle problem (the screen module), build into a really cool and madly fast vehicle.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diving Suit

There's a lot of good junk underwater and there's only one good way to get at it. Of course not everyone is an olymic swimmer, and the water is filled with a horde of nasties which make the whole prospect of going underwater an unapealing one. Fortunatly a few cleaver junkers (who have got themselves a hold of epitaph #2) have whipped up suits which allow their users to traverse the
great underwater wold.

The diving suit requires Drivin': Power Armor to use, and increases the users size to 8.

Frame Size 8 (246.6/250)
float
Submersible 75 slots
Engine 12.5 slots
Accel:5 mph
Top Speed: 21mph(half underwater)
Handeling: +1
Drain: 3/gr per hour

super strength
Increase user's str die type by 4 steps
Slots: 25.6

armor
Increase AV to 4
Slots: 75

Extras
Deadspace 64 slots (1 pilot)
powerjack 2 slots
50 gr powerpack 5 slots

minor flaw(half user's pace out of water) -12.5 slots
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump, I'll add something tomorrow
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since it's been awhile since my last post I'll make this one a biggie.

Shockshield

Energy shields are a powerful feather in a Junker's cap, however they block all fire coming in as well as all fire going out. But what happens when you turn you defense into your offense? The Shockshield is just that, while it's on the user is surrounded by a crackling field of energy which will toast anyone who comes into contact with it's wearer.

Frame 3(31/31)

Shield
Frame 6 shield generator
Dome Shield
AP 2
Slots: 12 slots
Drain: 6/gr per round

Weapon Smith
Energy weapon
2d12 damage
Slots: 12 slots*
Drain: 6/gr per round

Extra
48 gr spirit battery: 6 slots
selector switch**

rules
*adjusted for ruling about energy weapon sizes
**used to turn the energy weapon mode on and off to save power

While activated anyone coming into contact with the user takes 2d12 damage to the body part making contact with the user's shield. This also increases the user's unarmed damage by +2d12

Weather Balloon

Although commonly mistaken for UFO's the weather balloon is of entirely terrestrial construction. Since the weather in the wasted west can be a bit on the ornery side a few methodologically minded junkers have started churning out Weather Balloon to keep an eye on what mother nature is up to.

Frame Size 3(23/31)

commo
data link
1 mile range
Slots: 3

Sensor
Enhanced Touch Sensor(passive)
(pressure, temperature, humidity, wind speed)
Slots: 1.5
Drain: 1

Enhanced Sensor Sight (thermograhpic)
Slots: 1.5
Drain: 1

Brains
Rating: 1d12
Skill: Science: meteorology
Storage: 1 slug
Datajack
Slots: 19

Balloon
Frame 5 (62 slot) balloon
Lift: 4"
Fuel: hydrogen
Handling: 4
Load Limit:
Accel: 0
Speed: 0

Extras
40/ gr power pack
powerjack

Freeze Thrower

This isn't a freeze ray, it won't stop time; but it will stop your enimies dead in their tracks, tell your friends. The Freeze Thrower sprays a shower of deadly liquid nitrogen captured from the surrounding air, leaving raiders, mutants and other undesirables out cold.

The freeze ray comes in two parts a backpack with stores the liquid under refrigeration and captures more ammo from the air. And a hand held pump which sprays it out under pressure.

Gun
Frame 2(12.5/16)

Gunsmith
Ammo: 4d8, burst 5, projector, no propellant (1.5 slots)
Rail Gun
Range: 20(arcing)
RoF: 1
Ammo Cap: Belt Loaded
Slots: 10.5
Drain: 1.5/gr per shot

Extras
powerjack 2 slots

Back Pack
Frame 4 (54/54)

Gunsmith
Ammo Cap: 15 rounds
slots: 22.5

Ammo Maker
Slots: 15
Drain: 1.5/ gr per 1d6 shots

temperature
Deep Freeze
Slots: 8.1
Drain: 8.1/gr per day

Extra
powerjack: 2 slots
64/gr powerpack 6.4 slots

In honour of fallout 3...

The Shishkabob

The shishkabob is another entry in the long list of things junkers have made to bring melee combat into the 21st century. It includes a finely made blade with a short range flamethrower in the handle which sets the blade ablaze.

Anyone struck by the Shishkabob takes 2d10 sword damage in addition to 3d8 fire to the area struck. The fuel from the flamethrower continues to burn doing 3d6 the round after and 2d4 the round after that.

Frame 3(31/31)

Gunsmith
Ammo: 3d8 projector, no propellant (0.6 slots)
Range: 0
RoF: 1
Ammo Cap: Belt loaded
Slots: 4.2

Weapon Smith
Sword
Armor Piercing
Increased Damage
Increased Speed(2)
Slots:
Drain: 2/gr per round

Damage: 2d10
DB: +2
Speed: 1

Extra
powerjack: 2 slots
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Airship (Ragnarok Version)

Someone asked me to design an airship and so I did, this version uses 3 distinct hulls. A middle hull holds a large G-ray reactor as well as the bridge and cargo hold while the two side hulls contain the engines as well as passenger cabins.

The whole this is the size of three Mojave rattlers glued together and requires several checks ranging from 15 to 17 TN to put together along with 8 pounds of Irradiated Ghost Rock. Despite these drawbacks a decent junker could put this thing together in a few days provided he had the parts.

Middle Hull Section
Frame 18(1577.5/2000 slots)

Reactor
Frame size 6 reactor
Slots: 192
Output: 64/gr per round
*includes frame size adjustment

Extras
Frame size 17 Cargo Hold (857.5 slots)
-big enough to hold a city bus
Frame size 14 Bridge (512 slots)
-roughly firefly sized
160/gr power pack (16 slots)

Side Hull Sections
Frame 18(1698/2000 slots) each

Rotor
Handling: -4
Acceleration: 15 mph
Top Speed: 150 mph
Load Limit: 600 slots

4 engines of 150 slots each

Slots: 600 slots
Drain: 18/gr per hour

Shelter
4 cabins of frame size 11
Slots: 1098

Total
Accell: 15mph
Max Speed: 150mph (145 mph)
Handling: -4 (-5)
Load Limit: 1200 slots
Current Load: 2000 slots
Drain: 36/gr per hour
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought: If you want to nerf the shotgun and other such devices that throw multiple projectiles (check out the flechette round for grenade launchers in the HoE Companion), instead of treating it as a single round, treat it as 6 1d6 rounds, each of which have to roll for hit location, kind of like the new massive damage rules, giving a more realistic effect to shotgun damage.

Then, when making multi-projectile weapons, impose a less restrictive penalty for going over 4 dice.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Airship is Awesome. Many thanks.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump, post more in a bit
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been a little bit tardy on getting updates up, but here goes.

The Porta-Prison
Maybe there's a bounty on some Road Warrior's head or aim to collect, or maybe he's a servitor you haven't figured out how to kill yet. For those occasions try a handy porta-prison. This convenient device starts at backpack size but can fold out to the size of a coffin. It's armored interior, built with special alloys made it resistant to all forms of attack both magical and physical. And when you're done it folds up into a handy travel size, one word of warning though do not use the self-folding mechanism while it is occupied as the results can be quite messy.

Frame 6(127.88/128)

Shelter
Size 6 deadspace: 64
Self-Packing
-slots: 6.4
drain: 6/gr per use

armor
AV: 3
-slots: 38.4

Super Strength
Strength: 4d12
-slots: 20.48
-Drain: 3/gr per hour

Extras
40/gr spirit battery (5 slots)

Psychic Containment Helmet
Sykers are bundles of mind popping power, great when they are on your side but big trouble when they arn't. And if you need to try taking one into custody you can forget it, since their biggest weapon is their own brain. A few Junkers have been piecing together a way to contain these criminal brain burners and the PCH is their result. The Syker Containment Helmet covers half of the head and clamps tightly over the chin, a lockable visor folds down over the eyes.

The PCH uses a special sensor to detect when the Psyker tries to contact the hunting grounds and then foils the attempt by using its brain drain power to suck the energy out. Should the Psyker actually manage to get the power off the device flicks on its Spirit Shield to try and disrupt the attack.

When a Syker wearing a PCH tries to use a power he has to make an opposed spirit roll against the device (page 62 JMC) each success allows the Syker to use one strain. If he does not get enough successes to meet the strain requirements of the power the remaining points of strain are drained from him by the device(being turned into 5/gr each). Should the Syker succeed in gathering the amount of strain necessary he must overcome the spirit shield (page 95 JMC).

This is only a basic model, more experience junkers will often make room for additional features such as a small explosive charge the detonates should the device be compromised. Others use larger more powerful spirits in the device to make it a more powerful Syker stopper.

Frame 2(16/16)

Brain Drain
slots: 4

Sensor
Passive Spirit Sensor
-Touch Range
-Beam width:
-Slots: 2.4
-Drain: 2/gr per hour
-Major Flaw (detects only Syker powers, other powers do not trigger the device)

Sheild
AV: 1 spirit shield (frame size 2)
-Slots: 3.6
-Drain: 2/gr per round
-Major Flaw: Does not protect against external attacks

Spirit Weapon
Spirit armor AV 0

Extras
Deadspace for half of human head (4 slots)
Powerjack (2 slots)
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting ideas. Although I think you'll need Spirit Weapon for the Port-prison if you want it to protect against magic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: