Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inspired Junking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice program. I played with (as far as I know) all the Junker programs out there (even wrote one once) and this one is really on the ball.

I like the look, most, including myself, always made theirs not so visually appealing. My reason was simple (and it could be the same as the others) which is always 'make it work, then make it pretty'.

The interface is not as intuitive as I would like for most. It took me five (or so) minutes to figure it out, so I know there would be some people that would probably not get it or give up after a few minutes. That said I like that is has more information than maybe needed, 'too much is better than not enough'. The drop down view works well.

Two things I'd love to see, a label over the power window so it could be easily identified and maybe one bellow saying "right click window" or something. Also some way to output the information. Even if it's a text file that would rock.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Snap_Dragon"]
Quote:

What really inspired the automatic bullet press was the time it took one character to reload a whole slue of casings used in one gunbattle.

Also since it is described as a supernatural madness I wonder if the syker power (peace of mind) would work on clearing it up (at least the early stages).

As to Peace of Mind, while it would work, it would be dangerous. The gun spirits are involved here after all, and don't want to lose their pawn. Trying to remove levels of Taint would work along the lines of trying to remove levels of a Harrowed hindrance, with the gun spirits getting more vicious at higher levels.

I would recommend trying to find a Blessed character(there aren't many of them, but they are out there), and ask them to use Solace on the Tainted Junker. It would take longer (about a week per level of Taint since outside forces are involved), but it would be the better(and safer) chance of actually reducing Taint. The Divine can get away with a lot after all.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
Ginsu Knife

It's said that the first junker to build one of these was inspired by

an old infomercial he saw on the net.

The Ginsu Knife is a combat knife that can slice right though items

such as: radiator hoses, aluminum cans, frying pans, and combine

automations. The secret is its ghost steel blade only a few

molicules at its edge! The Ginsu Knife is kept sharp by its tech

spirit so it never needs sharpening.

The ginsu knife is part of a limited time offer so call now to get

yours, our gun spirits are standing by to take your order!

Frame size 1 (7/7) slots

Weaponsmith
Size 1 knife
Damage (STR) + 1d6 AP5
DB +1
Speed 1

AP 5 consumes all 7 slots

Spitfire SMG

The spitfire was invented by a junker who was tired of flattening all her 9mm ammo against armored vests or some of the more stubborn horrors of the reckoning.

She realized that if she could encapsulate her bullets in a bubble of burning hot plasma she could but a regular 9mm bullet through just about anything.

The Spitfire is a 9mm SMG with its own built in variable plasma weapon. While gunsmith provides the punch of the weapon, flash gordon adds the AP. The user can scale up the armor piercing for harder targets or turn it off to save power.

Frame size 2 (15.6/16) slots

Gunsmith
Damage 3d6(9mm slug)
Ammo size: 0.3
ROF: 6
Speed:1
Range Inc: 10
Clip Capacity: 24
Slots used: 9

Flash Gordon
Damage 1d6
Ammo Size: 0.1
Slots used: 1.6
Drain:0.2 per shot
Extra Drain: 0.2 per AP per shot*

extras
selector switch 1 slot
32/gr spirit battery 4 slots

Weapon Info
Damage: 4d6 (3d6 from the buttet + 1d6 plasma + AP)
Speed: 1

* notes:
The cost for the armor piecring was based on the cost of a 4d6(the total damage of the weapon) energy bolt rather then the cost of the 1d6 plasma weapon. The selector switch can set the AP value from 0 to 4 or turn the plasma function off entirely.

a full list of drain costs follows

3d6 = 0/gr per shot (slug only)
4d6 = 0.2/gr per shot (slug + plasma)
4d6 AP1 = 0.4/gr per shot (slug + plasma + AP)
4d6 AP2 = 0.6/gr per shot
4d6 AP3 = 0.8/gr per shot
4d6 AP4 = 1/gr per shot

I think the gun spirits must be getting to me, 'cause the second I saw this I thought, "You could throw hollow point or frangible rounds in that and get some truly sick damage."

Additionally, is the plasma visible? If it is, it would work like tracer rounds.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the plasma is visible but it might not leave a tail long enough to be counted as tracer rounds rules wise. Ask your GM if they feel like being generous.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junkers already exist. They live in Canada.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
yes the plasma is visible but it might not leave a tail long enough to be counted as tracer rounds rules wise. Ask your GM if they feel like being generous.

Tracer rounds have just a small amount of magnesium on the back; they don't really leave a trail either. So I am pretty certain that a plasma round gets the same benefits as a tracer.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For balance reasons I'd say that the spitfire effect would not stack well with frangible rounds or AP, since whatever the slug hits has already been hit with superheated plasma. I'd rule that the higher of the ap applies (ammos or the energy) as with frangible I'd say highest damage of the frangible +2 per die or the plasma's apply.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberhorse

The good ol' horse and saddle has made a comeback in the days after the apocalypse. They don't require gas or spook juice, they work well off road, and if winter is a bit too long they don't taste too bad with a lot of barbaque sauce. The only drawbacks of these noble animals is that they're often outnumbered by the amount of horses under a car's hood. Then a former veterinarian turned Junker found a clever way to give his equestrian friends a hoof up over their gas guzzling opponents.

Cyberhorses are just regular horses with a bunch of junker parts swapped for some of their squishier bits. Tack on some hydrolic legs, and and a couple of new organs and you have a horse that could outrun all but the fastes wasters, abominations, or vehicles.

Corporeal: D:1d4, N:2d12, S:2d10(4d12+4), Q:1d8,
V:2d10.
Fightin’: brawlin’ 1d12, swimmin’ 4d12
Mental: C:2d6, K:1d6, M:1d6, Sm:1d6,
Sp:1d4
Guts 2d4, overawe 1d6.
Pace: 20
Size: 10
Wind: 14
Terror: 0 (5 when angered)
Special Abilities:
Damage: Kick (STR+2d6)
Description: This horse has been heavily modified from it's original condition.

Biomechanics
Cybernetic Legs
Each cyberhorse needs 4 cybernetic legs w/ high speed pistons. They cost 4.5k each or count as a biomechanics device with a frame size of 4. The legs give it the ability to run like the wind when in dire straits.

Cyber organs
A proper cyberhorse needs to swap out its heart and lungs for something with a little more power. These cyber organs cost 2k for the heart and 1k for the lungs, alternately you can build them as frame size 2 devices made with biomechanics. The heart halves all wind damage, and the lungs allow them to run for ages without tiring.

Internal bracing
Those who want their steel steeds to have super strength require internal bracing to stop their bones from breaking. This only needs to be done to the torso but costs 1k or counts as a frame size 2 device.

Super Strength

Samson System
This system boots the horses strength to a whopping 4d12+4 but costs $750 per limb or counts as a frame size 2 device built with Super Strength.

Brains
Brain Booster
Horses aren't the smartest of creatures, especially when you don't know how to ride them. This implant remedies the problem by augmenting the horse's intellect with a computer which fills in for the rider, and stores three commands to help nudge the horse in the right direction.
Processor: 3d6
Skill Slug: 1
Command Slug: 3
Slots: 10 (2 cyber slots)
Drain: 2/gr per hour

Other considerations
One problem you'll run into is how to power you're new broomtail 2.0. There are bunch of ways to do it but I recommend using oversized spirits or browsers.

If your marshal allows it you could install a soul tap which would net you 4/grs but even with this you might need a little extra. Another thing to consider is the cost, since I went with book prices you might want to ask your marshal to cut you a break as horses are much larger than humans and probably don't need all the miniaturizing junker cybernetics for humans need. You could also try including armor, weapons, or spirit batteries with your new horse if you have the time or inclination. And Marshals imagine how your posse will react to seeing someone on a cyberhorse, if they like the idea they might even go out of their way to get one for themselves.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away for awhile so here's a Templar special

The Collapsing Shield

Junkers and Templar have a bit of an odd working relationship, some of the more sensible Templar know enough to bring any junk they find to the techno-shaman in their posse and in exchange the Junkers do their best to drag the Templar's weaponry into the 21st century. This isn't always easy as they always have to look humble for that whole test of worth thing, but a good Junker loves a challenge. Given the whole 'knights of the apocalypse' thing the Templar had going it was only a matter of time until someone tried throwing together a shield. One which would keep the Knight safe at long range until he could get up close but could still be efective in combat. Coat of arms or Templar cross optional.

The Collapsing Shield is a large enough shield to cover the chest, shield arm and thighs (50% leg coverage), as well as the weapon arm of the wielder should be keep it behind him. When done the shield can collapse down to fit in a frame size 2 carrying case.

The shield provides a defensive bonus of +3 (+5 when fully powered) in melee combat, and protects against attacks from the front.

Frame 4(53.6/54)

Armor
AV 4
Slots: 21.6

Shelter
Collapsible
Slots: 5.4
Drain: 4/gr per use

Weapon
Extra Speed(+2 defensive bonus): 2 levels
Slots: 21.6
Drain: 2/gr per round

Extras
Power Jack: 2 slots
24/gr spirit battery: 3 slots

The Energy Shield

The best way to get around carrying a bulky shield is to not carry around a bulky shield. I know that might sound difficult but when you have a host of tech spirits on your side you can make it work.

The Power Shield is a small metallic bit of junk with a handle on it, someone might mistake it for a door handle torn clean off a door. What they won't know is it contains inbuilt shield generator, and when activated it produces a crackling energy shield to protect its wearer. The shield itself is a frame size 4, flat shield large enough to cover the chest, shield arm and thighs (50% leg coverage), as well as the weapon arm of the wielder should be keep it behind him. Some flasher Templar have asked to have the energy projectors of the shield modified to produce a luminous red cross over top of the shield.

Frame 2(16/16)

Sheild
AV 4
Frame Size 4
Flat Shield
Slots: 4

Weapon
Extra Speed(+2 defensive bonus): 2 levels
Slots: 6.4

Extras
20/gr power pack: 2 slots
power jack: 2 slots

The Gunblade

The problems with being a Templar is that you have to look like a vagabond enough to fool people for the test of worth, but still pack enough firepower to get the job done. The Gunblade is an attempt to hit the right balance between firepower and plausibility that you're actually a poor refugee like you say you are.

The Gunblade looks like the single worst rifle ever made by human hands, the clip and blowback assembly from a scavenged hunting rifle, a barrel that looks like it was taken from two different guns and soddered together and held to a two by four with a series of belts and zip ties, and a stock and trigger which was jury rigged from a motorcycle handlebar. To the outward observer it doesn't look like a piece of junker tech, more like a piece of junk that would explode if fired. What they don't see is that the weapon is perfectly servicable, and even better conceals a chainsword within it. When the handle is pulled the chainblade is drawn from its hidden scabbard in the two by four. Unfortunately when the blade is drawn the rifle can no longer fire as it requires the trigger on the chainblade.

The gun uses the stats below, for the chainblade use my stats for the updated chainblade.

Frame 3(30.75/31)

Gunsmith
Ammo Size: 0.6 (3d8 rifle round)
Range Inc: 20
Rof: 3
Ammo (clip): 15
Slots: 15.25
Minor flaw (cannot fire with sword drawn)

Extras
Deadspace (for chainsword): 15.5 slots
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* neglecting my own thread again. I'll post something in a bit
Janibala
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoverboard (Inspired by the Back To The Future Hoverboard)

It is truly weird that the stats for this is not here yet. Or maybe I missed it. Anyways, here is the legendary "Back To The Future" hoverboard.

There are some technical difficulties:
- Drains quite a lot of G-ray per hour, but I guess you could make a Spook Juice variant of this too, but it would take some space for the tank. I needed all the extra space.

Frame 3 (30,95/31)

Power: Locomotion
Associated Spirits: Car
TN (Power 3 + Size 3): 6

Components:
Chemical: 10% 3,1
Electronic: 10% 3,1
Mechanical: 30% 9,3
Structural: 20% 6,2

Step 1: The Chassis
Frame Handling Load Limit
3–4 +4 2

Step 2: The Suspension
Hover 30% slots = 9,3 slots

Max Speed for hover vehicle of size 3-4

Step 3: Powerplant & Fuel

Acceleration Slots
5 mph (slow) 15% = 4,65 slots

Fuel
G-ray 3/hour (5/5 + 1,5 = 2,5 which is rounded up = 3)

Step 4: Passengers & Cargo

The rules would have to say, that this build is impossible, because even an open spaced vehicle for Size 6 person would require 35 slots. But I think this is not needed, because you only need space for footholds. Basically, you are ON the hoverboard, not IN it. If the size of the hoverboard is increased to “legal” limits, it would have to be almost human sized, which would make it hard to carry around. Of course, if a few tricks like Miniaturize is used, the problem is solved.

Footholds: 14 slots

Extra:
Powerpack (30) 3 slots

Used slots: 30,95
Free slots: 0,05

And of course, this could have a Minor Side Effect: Can not fly over water (Even though Hover vehicles normally can. It is just a tribute to the original movie).
Shimwee
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing with the hoverboard is this: ok you stand on top of it, that's all OK, but if I remember correctly the board only hovers by it self and has absolutely no way to speed up unless you put your foot on the ground and push it, or you grab on to something that's moving. So instead you could everything in the ways of speed to make it faster and think of a set of rules based on nimbleness that wil allow you a dieroll and depending on how good you can push it with your foot, it will accelerate. Reapply for more speed, like a skateboard.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just the case for the one Marty used, which was a kiddie model. IIRC (as it's been a while since I've watched BttF2) Griff had a powered hoverboard.
Janibala
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the manual pushing could be a major side effect, but it would require some thinking ruleswise to make etc...

Of course your Junker can make his own variation. I was just trying to contribute to the thread. I will post more devices when I actually get something ready. I have way too many projects that are huge (Virtual learning machine is another big one). I guess I should minimize the new devices to a power or two.

Btw, if there are any houserule powers/tricks your junkers have, they might be helpful to the thread (or make a new one for them). I've already seen the Extradimensional Space, Irradiate, Life-support and Enviro. I'm quite sure someone else has made something too Smile

Even theories of new powers would be nice too.
Shimwee
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ sitting duck: that could very well be. I also haven't seen the movie in ages too.
Shimwee
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking out the El Dorado-belt that someone had posted, with a fellow junker here a while back, tried to recreate it but I couldn't quite figure out how it worked, with the fetter, since I coudn't find any data about how it works to include it in a device, so we came up with something new:

Hollographic-Stealth Suit.
It works kindof like the semi-stealthsuits that already excist in real life: a sensor captures the surroundings and in this case translates it in a holographic image that removes the wearer from sight by projecting an empty space where the wearer is standing.

Size: 3
Slots:31

Powers:
Commo
TN: 6 Drain: 4.5/h
Slots: 6.5
Properties: Video, Direct/Cable, 1 jack (for sensor), Standard Holographic

Sensor:
TN: 7 Drain: 2.5/h
Slots: 12.5
Properties: 4d4 rating, 100 yards, 360 scan, basic sense
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Dorado Belt. That'd be me. A Spirit Fetter takes up 5 slots in the device, and is constructed as described in the marshal section of Cyborgs.

As for the Holo-Suit, you might need a simply brains program/AI to edit the image. Seems like a complex task that the sensor/commo mix might not be able to handle itself.

ALso, you may have residual light generated by the device, but that's up to the marshal.
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised no-one asked for these to be converted yet!

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_crafting

Now for another question; should anyone be able to make these (and other) devices with just tinkerin', or if not that, the Trade: Weaponsmithing aptitude?
If a logical explanation can be given why it should work without resorting to junker-magic?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: