Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inspired Junking
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Inspired Junking Reply with quote

I'm starting a new topic for people to post their junker inventions in. Much like Character Concept Theater go nuts with any cool junker goodies you want to create.

Portable Forge:
I was inspired by the blast furnace hex to create something that would allow a junker to machine some none junked parts for vehicals, or to produce mechanical components from scrap. The design allows you to machine a spare cylinder casing, make spare gun parts, or pour some brass casings for your pistol.

The Portable Forge is a 2.5" tall hexagon with nosels on top at all six corners and in the center. It has 6 mechanical arms attached to the base of the device at each corner of the hexagon. You can place materials inside it's hopper or ontop of the machine. Once activiated the forge surrounds the materials to be re-shaped in a full coverage physical force field pushing it off the top of the device so it floats over the center of the machine. The Forge then melts the materials using a plasma torch(passes through physical shield) and re-shapes the molten matierial by reshaping the forcefield or using it's arms.

Frame Size 5 (86 slots)

Weaponsmith:
Energy Weapon
Damage: 1d20
Slots: 10*
Drain: 5 (per round)

Shield:
AV 1
Frame 4
Type: Physical
Coverage: Full(x2 slots and drain)
Slots: 8
Drain: 4 (per round)

Brains:
Processor: 1d12
Storage: 2
Slug Ports: 1
Slots: 20
Drain: 4 (per hour)

Sensor:
Enhanced Sense
Thermographic Vision
Passive
Cognition: 2d6
Slots: 2.25
Drain: 1 (per hour)

Super Strength:[/b]
Increase Strength to 2d12
Slots: 12.6
Drain 3 (per hour)

Agility:
1d12
Slots: 4.2
Drain: 3 (per hour)

Shelter:
Packing up
Slots: 4.2
Drain: 5 (per use)

Extras:
2 Powerjacks (4 slots)
Frame 3 deadspace (15.5 slots)

Total:
Slots: 80.75
Drain: 11 (per hour)
9 (per round)
5 (packing/unpacking)

Note the positively insane amount of drain the device requires. You might want to power the hourly powers with a battery and the per round powers with a reactor/tech spirit/browser/cyborg/soul tap. Also flow would be realy handy if you could chip it and knock the per round costs to 6 or so.
Or because it involves two not-combat uses of combat powers ask that the GM make it an hourly cost of 20/GR.

* the slot cost for weaponsmith is divided by 2 simply because Weaponsmith demands a ludacris amount of slots. If you divide the size of any weaponsmith power by 2 it becomes possible to actualy fit a laser pocket knife inside a pocket knife(might want miniturize for batteries) or a
laser sword inside of a sword.

Automatic Bullet Press:
Another bit of work made to make a non-stability check item ;P . The ABP is a large, trunk like device that casts lead into slugs and presses them into bullets much more quickly then a human with a bullet press could. You simply fill the hoppers with lead, empty casings, powder, and primers and off it goes making bullets.

Although their arn't any set rules for such things, I figure the smooth mechanical action of the ABP should do the same job as a regular human on a bullet press in 10 minutes instead of 1 hour.

Frame 3 (31 slots)

Brains
Processor 1d8
Storage: 1
-skill slug Weaponsmithing
Slots: 5
Drain: 2 (per hour)

Gunsmith
Ammo Making
Size 1 ammo (slugs up to .50)
Slots: 10
Drain: 1*

Extras:
powerjack: 2 slots
Frame 1 deadspace: 3.5 slots (metal for ammo processor)
Frame 1 deadspace: 3.5 slots (powder for making bullets)
Frame 1 deadspace: 3.5 slots (for casings)
Frame 0 deadspace: 1 slot (for precussion caps)

Total:
Slots: 26.5
10 per 35 bullets*

* The ammo processor power uses up drain equal to the size of the bullet being made and makes 1d6 rounds. I averaged that to 35 for 10 drain, or
you could just keep the per turn cost and power it with a browser.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some more inventions to help possies battle against the horrors of the reckoning

Fearometer:
Sometimes it's good to know exactly what the current fear level is before you go in guns blazing. Sometimes their isn't a convieniently located ruin that looks just like a skull, or a some other odd occurance to tell you that the current area is currently under the thumb of the Reckoners.

To help give possies some warning of the local atmosphear of fear some clever junkers have made a sensor to diagnose the current fear level. The fearometer acts much like a thermometer except that it detects fear instead of heat. It is a handheld device about the size of a flashlight with a LED strip that lights up and changes colour based on the local fear levels(with green being on the low end of the spectrum and red on the high, deadlands are white at the highest level).

Frame size 1 (7/7 slots)

Sensor
Spirit Sense
Fear Detection
Passive
Slots:6
Drain:4 (per hour)

Extras
Spirit Battery (8/gr): 1 slot

Fear Sink

President John F Kennedy once said that we have nothing to fear but fear itself; and he was right, just look at what it does to the landscape. How are brave men and women supposed to stand up to the horrors of the reckoning while under constant psychological assault from the fear generated by their fellow humans?

That's where the fear sink comes in. The fear sink counters the psychological effects of a deadland by jamming the supernatural effect of fear uppon the human psychie.

The fear sink is a cylyndrical device 1.5' in diameter and 5' tall with two handels on the side for easy handling, the bottom has a spike on it for driving the fear sink into the earth.

The fear sink can be carried by one person, but fighting while holding such a large object is impractical (thus the spike on the bottom). Once activated the fearsink sends out psychokinitic signals to Jam the psychological effect of fear in the area. Roll the devices Sensor raiting against the TN for Tale Tellin' in such a fear level. Each success and raise effectively lowers the fear level by one for the duration of the fear sinks operation.

Frame 5 (83/86)

Sensor
Spirit Sense
Fear
Active(ECM)
360* radius
100 yard range
Rating: 5d12
Slots: 77
Drain: 24

Extras:
Spirit Battery (48/Gr): 6 slots
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
President John F Kennedy once said that we have nothing to fear but fear itself

Actually, I believe it was Franklin Roosevelt who said that.
Wrathamon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Kennedy said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country so that yoru president can continue his swingin' lifestyle with his many, plump mistresses."

Also: "Ich bein ein millionaire playboy aristocrat."

Way to go, Doomie: you filled the city with the light of a thousand suns!
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bang Blades:

Bang Blades are a dastardy messy, weapon definatly not for the weak of heart. At first glance they look like barbed throwing knives, they even function exactly like throwing knives, unless of course you pull the pin before throwing(that's right I said pin).

Bang Blades combine the qualities of a throwing knife with those of a hand grenade. The user simply pulls the pin and throws the knife(try not to throw the pin), the knife detonates once it's timer elapses or the barb is pulled loose from the blade (usualy when the victim tries to remove the blade). If someone is struck by a bang blade and wants to remove it without blowing himself to smitherines he must make a hard (9) deftness roll.

Frame 0 (2/2 slots)

Weaponsmith
Frame 0 weapon
Damage: Str+1d4
Range inc: 5
ROF:1
Speed:1

Ammo:
Warhead
Blast Raidus(Full arc) 10 yards
Damage: 4d10 ((0.4(ammo size) x 10(for 4 dice))/2 (thrown weapon))
Slots:2
-from Iron Oasis

Burn Blades:

If bang blades were a little too friendly for you try burn blades. Instead of exploding they release an arisol spray that ignites when exposed to air.

Frame 0 (2/2 slots)

Weaponsmith
Frame 0 weapon
Damage: Str+1d4
Range inc: 5
ROF:1
Speed:1

Ammo:
Projector Fuel
Blast Raidus(Full arc) 1 yard
Damage: 4d10 ((0.4(ammo size) x 10(for 4 dice)) * 0.5(1 yard burst)/2 (thrown weapon) * 2(projector fuel))
-from Iron Oasis
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocket Rifle
(inspired by the iron storm weapon).

The Rocket Rifle was designed to give possies a bit more punch when dealing with some of the larger hords of the reckoning. It is a rather large weapon that fires 15mm gyrojet explosive rounds, it is effective against abominations, vehicals, and regular infantry simply because it turns everything it hits into pulp.

A junker who plans on going up against combine automations might want to make some armor peircing round.

Frame 4 (44.4/54 slots)

Ammo
Damage:3d8
Burst Radius: 1 yard
-gyrojet
Slots: 1.2 (6(effective dice) * 0.2(dCool (+ 50%(gyrojet)) (- 50%(burst radius))

Gunsmith
ROF: 6 (24 slots)
Range Inc: 20 (9.6 slots) (range effectivly 40 for gyrojet)
Ammo Capacity: 36 round clip (10.8 slots)
Rose Blackthorn
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Inspired Junking Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
Automatic Bullet Press:
Another bit of work made to make a non-stability check item ;P . The ABP is a large, trunk like device that casts lead into slugs and presses them into bullets much more quickly then a human with a bullet press could. You simply fill the hoppers with lead, empty casings, powder, and primers and off it goes making bullets.

Although their arn't any set rules for such things, I figure the smooth mechanical action of the ABP should do the same job as a regular human on a bullet press in 10 minutes instead of 1 hour.

Frame 3 (31 slots)

Brains
Processor 1d8
Storage: 1
-skill slug Weaponsmithing
Slots: 5

Gunsmith
Ammo Making
Size 1 ammo (slugs up to .50)
Drain: 1*

Extras:
Frame 1 deadspace: 3.5 slots (metal for ammo processor)
Frame 1 deadspace: 3.5 slots (powder for making bullets)
Frame 1 deadspace: 3.5 slots (for casings)
Frame 0 deadspace: 1 slot (for precussion caps)

Total:
Slots: 26.5
10 per 35 bullets*

* The ammo processor power uses up drain equal to the size of the bullet being made and makes 1d6 rounds. I averaged that to 35 for 10 drain, or
you could just keep the per turn cost and power it with a browser.

Would you consider this item suitable for a 5-point Belongin'? I'd hate to see my car-junker pick up the Ammo power for himself, only to see him get Tainted to death ("but I don't wanna rule the world...all I ever wanted was to have a steady supply of pocket-money" Crying or Very sad ).

Old Patch
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
Here's some more inventions to help possies battle against the horrors of the reckoning

Fearometer:

Frame size 1 (7/7 slots)

Sensor
Spirit Sense
Fear Detection
Passive
Slots:6
Drain:4 (per hour)

Extras
Spirit Battery (8/gr): 1 slot

I like this! I have a couple of questions though. Since it doesn't have 360 scan you have to point it to get a reading, and it's possible that what you are picking up is an object (ghost rock, ghost steel, a harrowed,a relic, etc.) rather than the background Fear level. So I'd probably add a 360 degree scan. Second, Fear levels are a pretty intergral part of the game and really aren't detectable excpet by deduction. As a matter of metagaming I'd require the Fearometer to have enough Brains to give a reading - even if it is false on occasion! So:

Fearometer:

Frame size 3 (27/31 slots)

Brains
3d8 Brains
Slug port
Slots:14
Drain:2 (per hour)

Sensor
Spirit Sense
Fear Detection
Passive
360 degree Scan
Slots:10
Drain:8 (per hour)

Extras
Spirit Battery (24/gr): 3 slots

"Outside of a Dog, a Book is a Man's Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, it is too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx~
Mort
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Inspired Junking Reply with quote

Rose Blackthorn wrote:

"but I don't wanna rule the world...all I ever wanted was to have a steady supply of pocket-money" Crying or Very sad ).

Heh, fits in well with the tainting process though.

Just imagine a little voice in your ear telling you the bullet would be so much better with a little extra oomph.... Savage Jack
Rose Blackthorn
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Inspired Junking Reply with quote

Mort wrote:
Rose Blackthorn wrote:

"but I don't wanna rule the world...all I ever wanted was to have a steady supply of pocket-money" Crying or Very sad ).

Heh, fits in well with the tainting process though.

Just imagine a little voice in your ear telling you the bullet would be so much better with a little extra oomph.... Savage Jack

I like the way you think... #devillaugh

....but the impression I got from reading the description of this gem of a device is that it's merely intended to save time and effort in making ordinary bullets . After all, the first sentence of the bullet press' description describes it as a "bit of work made to make a non-stability check item".

Aside from ordinary bullets, there's only one stability-free item in the entire Junkman Cometh book, and it has nothing to do with Gun spirits.

Hmmmm.....now that I think about it, perhaps I should just make that item my car-junker's meal-ticket instead?

Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aside from ordinary bullets, there's only one stability-free item in the entire Junkman Cometh book, and it has nothing to do with Gun spirits.

Hmmmm.....now that I think about it, perhaps I should just make that item my car-junker's meal-ticket instead?

wise idea, I never make gun spirit powers without a fate chip to chip the roll just incase(preferably legend incase I bust).

What really inspired the automatic bullet press was the time it took one character to reload a whole slue of casings used in one gunbattle.

Also since it is described as a supernatural madness I wonder if the syker power (peace of mind) would work on clearing it up (at least the early stages).

And in regards to the fearometer: All energies exist across a wavelength, sound, and visible light are examples of those energies visible to humans. Ultraviolet or inafred light, as well as high or low frequency sound are for the enhanced sensors. Radar, radiation, and elecrtromagnetic waves are on the energy spectrum.

But what about the spiritual spectrum? Spirit sight obviously, magic, and fear (as we know from other deadlands books that it is a tangable energy Hellstrom experemented with). The ferometer picks up background levels on the spirit spectrum keyed to fear. Thus it would not be confused by relic (unless it was increasing the fear level). Also I imagined the device as not sensetive enough to detect the fear from individuals, it goes for background level.
Rose Blackthorn
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

wise idea, I never make gun spirit powers without a fate chip to chip the roll just incase(preferably legend incase I bust).

Oh, I hear ya...although, when rolling 5d12, going bust is quite an unlikely occurrance.

Speaking of dealing with Gun spirits, my other Junker I'm writing up (who is a gun nut, albeit currently only in the RL sense) is wanting to design a gun that shoots miniature heet-seeking missiles, in the manner of the gun used by Gene Simmons' character in the movie Runaway. Keep an eye out for it in the near future, since I'll definitely be posting its "recipie" in this thread when I've finished it. Very Happy

Quote:
What really inspired the automatic bullet press was the time it took one character to reload a whole slue of casings used in one gunbattle.

Speaking of saving time...I understand that the auto-press can only make up to 6 bullets at a time. How many bullet's worth of bullet-parts can safely be fit into the hoppers, though? Could one put, say, 18 bullets' worth into the hoppers and just let the machine do its thing for a half-hour?

Quote:
Also since it is described as a supernatural madness I wonder if the syker power (peace of mind) would work on clearing it up (at least the early stages).

Geez, I hope there's some way of dealing with Taint during at least the early stages. If not, that'd make the corruption of Gun spirits more inevitable than that of vamps and weres (who can burn off corruption with Legend chips) or Harrowed (who get a chance to regain lost Dominion at the beginning of each session, unless, of course it's lost entirely). Sad

Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deadspace I included is large enough to fit a hand gun inside of (for primers and lead). I pictured the slots looking some what like the food intake on a juicer with a weight pushing it down while in operation. As for the primers (frame size zero) because they are these little circular dealies you just load them in like pez in a dispenser.

for the lead and powderI figured 50 rounds for regular ammo (35-35 calibur), 25 for larger stuff (including magnum).

The brass loader would probably have to have an external funnel added cause it would be the most limited out of all the hoppers (30 or less).

What would really help the design is if it were minimized to add extra room for hoppers (I try not to post devices which require the junker to minimize a device, it complicates matters).
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossbow

(inspired by the Half-life 2 weapon)

Who didn't love this weapon in HL2?

I just had to try and import this delightful death dealer into Hell on Earth. Where I had hoped it would make a easy transition to the wasted west (kill combiners pretty easy) it was actually really dificult to model this weapon on existing junker rules.

Basicly it's a junker built crossbow that fires heated chunks of rebar.

Frame 3 (31/31 slots)

Ammo
*note that ammo for this is a frame size 1 chunk of rebar which is treated as having the weaponsmith power

Weaponsmith
*given the weight and heft of the rebar I decided that it should be treated as a weapon with the following stats
Increased Damage x2
Armor Peircing x2
Slots: 5.6
Damage: 1d10 AP2

Gunsmith
Railgun(crossbow really)
Range Inc: 20 (0 Slots (Warhead ranges))
ROF: 1 (speed 2) (22.4 slots)
*note there is no room for ammo as the user manualy loads each shot
Drain: 6

Weaponsmith
*This part is in the crossbow iself and actually heats up the size 1 ammo
Extra Damage: x4
Slots used:5.6
Drain: 4

extras
Spirit Battery (24/gr): 3 slots

*might want to try and flow this one
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water filter:

Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink. Without the widespread avaiability of purified water (and no avian to speek of either) before the last war cases of waterborn diseases are up. Disintary or the texas tummy twister are lousy ways to go, and you can't just boil toxic waste or radiation out of water. Thus clever junkers devised the water filter to keep people supplied with clear, clean H2O.

The water filter uses a pump to suck up water and push it through a filter made with the shield power. The filters tiny holes let water though but block dirt/chemicals(regular shield) radiation (energy shield) and g-rays/magic diseases(spirit shield). And to take care of any pests that might have survived the water is then flash boiled with the temperature power. The water filter can produce 1 gallon of clean (and slightly hot) water every 30 seconds.

Frame 2 (15.21/16 slots)

Temperature
Teperature controll for 10 slots: 1 slot
Nuke: 1 slot
Drain: 2/day

Shield
Size 0 shield
Armor 1
Flat
Energy hardened
Spirit hardened (with Spirit Weapon)
Slots: 0.25 (((frame size(0))*(armor(1)))/4 * 2) (assumed frame 0 counts as 0.5 frames)
Drain: 0 (it's a size 0 shield)

Float
-found in epitaph 2
raiting 1d8 pump
Slots: 0.96
Drain: 1/hour

Extras
1 gallon deadspace: 10 slots
16/gr spirit battery: 2 slots

if you wanted to get a little more ambitious you could add more temperature powers to cool the water as well. Or a sensor to test for water quality.
Kain A. Ashburner
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to include some kind of way to safely dispose of the waste after you filter it out... otherwise it's just going to build up and then you've got the making's of a very nasty Pestilence-based creature Smile

It's not like you can just dump it somewhere ether... leaving that much concentrated Evil laying around is not a good idea. Perhaps some sort of blasting furnace? It's going to need to be pretty powerful to get rid of this stuff for good...
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMP Rifle

Tried of having your ass kicked by technologicaly advanced enemies? Want to take that Combine automation down to size? What you need is the handy EMP rife. This odd looking gun emits a blast of electrons and magnetic energy enough to fry all but the most shielded circuts all while leaving organic beings untouched.

The EMP rifles look like a rile butt attached to a battery and a large shielded coil with a focusing dish on the end.

Frame 3(29/31 slots)

Flash Gordon
Stream Weapon
Damage: 4d10
Burst Radius: 20 yards
Burst arc: 60*
Ammo Size: 3 (10 effective dice * ammo size 0.4 * 1.5 for burst raidus / 2 for no propellant )
ROF: 1
Slots: 18
Drain: 12 per shot

Extras
72/gr spirit battery (9 slots)
power jack (2 slots)
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero Point Manipulator Gun (aka. the Gravity Gun)

(Based on the weapon from half-life II)

Who wasn't a fan of this all-purpose weapon from Half-Life?

The Gravity Gun uses Zero Point Energy to exert a gravitational pull on objects at a distance or exert a focused bolt of force agaist objects. You need Shootin': Gravity gun to effetively use the gravity gun.

The Gravity Gun can pull and object over from distace and suspend them weightlessly in the air infront of the gravity gun. When pulling objects the gravity guns effective strength drops every range increment passed, starting at 5d10 for objects within 5 yards and dropping to 5d4 for objects between 15 and 20 yards. The Gravity Gun cannot effect objects beyond 20 yards.

When pulling an object towards the gun the object travels at a pace equal to the die type of the gun's strength at that range per action card spent pulling(modified by the weight modifiers for carrying a load). A 40 pound brick will only move 1 yard per action at just under 20 yards as it is a heavy load. If an object's weight is lighter then a light load to the gun's effective strength raiting the object can be pulled towards the gun in defiance of gravity (if it is a light load or above it is just pulled along the ground). When an object is within 1 yard of the gun it is pulled into the air and suspended regardless of it's weight (as long as it is below the gun's maximum lift of 240 pounds*).

The Gravity Gun's manipulation field is however limited by size, any object roughly over size 5 cannot be lifted (GM's say on if an oblong object can and can't be lifted). One last limitation of the Gravity gun is that it cannot pull or lift living beings or energy as it can pull or lift objects. The energy field produced by the gravity gun simply isn't powerful enough to contain energy like plasma. As for living beings Junkers theorize that living beings can't be effected because of a flaw in the Junker-Techno magic used in the creation of the gravity gun, living beings have a spiritual component that is capable of resisting the magic used to make it possible.

Further research leads us to think that if the Zero Point Energy Field were refined it would be possible to effect living beings, or energy related phenomonons.

The Gravity gun can also emit a gravitational pulse that pushes objects back or sends them flying. Treat this as a push or tackle from someone with the same strength as the gravity gun's effective strength at that range. The strenght of the gun disapates at the same rate as it would if you were pulling an object (you cannot shoot objects with the gravity gun if they are beyond 20 yards).

One of the nice things about shooting the gravity gun in this manner is that it can effect living beings, and energy. Junkers theorize that his is because of the compact nature of the bolt (in the case of energy) and that living beings have difficulty resisting the surge of power that the gun emits. Thus You could use the gravity gun to push someone back, or blow out a candle from 20 yards away. And additional benifit of shooting the gun is that it can be used to move objects larger then it could normaly pull, however the gun is restricted to what it can physicly bash or push with its strength raiting.

If the Gun is currently being used to suspend an object the power of this effect is increased sending the object flying considerable distances. When using the Gravity Gun to throw an object in this way treat it much like a thrown weapon using the gravity gun's full strength of 5d12. Most objects use the gun's range increment of 5 (for a maximum distance of 60 yards). Certain more areo-dynamic objects (like sawblades, or sharpened hubcaps) can use their own range increment instead of the gun's, and certain more bulky objects (say a large cardbord box) might use a smaller increment (the GM has final say on the range of any fired object). When throwing an object with the gravity gun use shootin' Gravity Gun to aim and the gun's full strength (with additional damage for the thrown object).

One particularily nasty use for the gravity gun is to pull the gun out of your opponents hands. This can be done with an opposed Shootin' Gravity Gun vs. Fightin' roll, if the shooter suceeds make an opposed strength roll between the gravity gun and the guy holding the object(the gravity gun gets a +2 for each success on the shootin' roll). Keep in mind that this is a called shot to the weapon so the gravity gun user generaly faces a penalty in the -2 to -6 range depending on the size of the object. Though the gun can be used to nab a gun out of the persons hands, or a grenade off his belt, things like cloathing are too close to a living being to pull off with the gravity gun, no ZPM strip shows.

Some final note for the Gravity Gun
-undead like harrowed or walking dead count as living beings (as to certain magical objects like browser spirit devices, and relics)
-The gravity gun cannot effect fluids or gasses that are not contained in a solid object (they just slip through the field)
-The field produced by the gravity gun provides no armor what so ever
-The gravity gun cannot effect bullets as they are too small and too fast for it to catch
-some features(like the push range, or grabbing a gun) arn't exactly cannon with the original game I just thought I could model them well and they would not be unbalancing
-you might want to use flow to reduce the energy requirements and get a reactor or spirit tap or talk to your GM and try and work something out drain wise.

* change if nessesary the heaviest object I can recall lifting in the game is an engine block in ravenholm, and the biggest is a crate. The 240 is pretty arbitrary because I have no idea how heavy that engine block is in pounds.

Frame Size 4 (53.88/54 slots)

Super Strength
boost strength from 3d4 to 5d12
Slots: 11.88
Drain: 3/hour

*super strength covers the basic strength of the gun

Shield
Physical Shield AV1
Size: 5
Scope: Dome
Drain: 5 / per round

*a physical shield surrounds the object you are actualy trying to lift

Flash Gordon
(Treated Ammo Size as 5 for frame 5 shield)
ROF: 1 (speed 1) (15 slots)
Range Increment: 5 yards (10 slots)
Drain: 5 per shot
* Flash Gordon is used to add range as well as combat viability, the size for the ammo is the frame size of the shield.

Extras
Spirit Battery: (40/gr) 5 slots
Power Plug: 2 slots

damn that was a big post
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plasma Mortar

Some Junkers are constantly looking for new ways to blow stuff up, of course they ususaly end up getting the taint, but before that they churn out some sensational devices like the plasma mortar.

The plasma mortar takes your traditional mortar and replaces that klunky metal shell with a burning hot wad of superheated matter held together by a pocket of gravatons. And unlike a traditional plasma blaster (which uses a magnetic field to encapsulate its plasma) the plasma motar's gravitational field has a slightly different flight path. The plasma motar fires its payload into the air only to have the gravitational pull of the containment field and the earth pull it back down. This give the Plasma mortar an arcing shot allowing it to fire over obsticals. As an aditional bonus the plasma motar can be set to fire super-heated high-explosive bolts, or slow-burning incendiary bolts.

The HE bolts explode doing damage over their blast radius, while incendiary bolts don't go past their blast radius but keep burning doing damage each round (each round low the damage by one die untill 0d8).

Because of the increadable heat let off by the mortar and the fact that it's ment for indirect fire their is no fireing crew for the motar(unless you want someone to change the battery). All that is needed to fire it is to use the laser designator (detailed below) to aquire a target and fire.
Frame Size 6 (126.5/128 slots)

(High-Explosive effective ammo size)
Damage: 4d12
Burst Radius: 20 yards
Size: 12

(Incendiary effective ammo size)
Damage: 7d8
Burst Radius: 20
Size: 11.2
(uses projector fuel rules)

Flash Gordon
ammo size: 12 (for the largest)
ROF: 1 (speed 5)
Range Increment: 20
Slots: 102
Drain: 60(HE)/56(I) per shot
-minor flaw
anyone within 5 yards of the weapon while fireing takes 1 wind
Slots:(96.9)-5.1

commo
Data transfer capacity
1 channel
1 mile range
Slots: 2.5
Drain: 3 per hour

brains
Raiting: 1d4
Skill Slugs
-Ariliery
Drain:1 per hour

Targeting
Range Increment +120
Slots: 24
Drain: 12 per hour

Extras

Opperating Costs
16/gr per hour
60/56/gr per shot

Laser Designator

This is the device used to aim and fire the plasma mortar, it's a rile shaped object that uses a laser to paint targets and gather and process firing data for the plasma morter. To use the designator the user must spend 5 action cards aiming it at the target and make a fair (5) shootin' laser roll. On the last action the motar fires at the target painted by the designator.

Frame Size 3 (25/31)

Sensor
Laser Designator
Enhanced Sense
Range: 1 mile
Beam Scan
Raiting: 1d12
Slots: 16.5
Drain: 4 per hour

commo
Data transfer capacity
1 channel
1 mile range
Slots: 2.5
Drain: 3 per hour

Extras
40/gr Spirit Battery: 5 slots
selector switch: 1 slot (for incendiary or HE)

operating costs
7/gr per hour
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about something. Because the taint is bad, I've been looking at other powers, trying to think interesting new devices to make.

The one item I've always been stumped on is a pair of gloves that increase the strength of the user (really just one glove made twice). However, from reading Super Strength, it looks like you might only be able to increase the strength of the device itself.

Would this power work, or would you have to use something like Weaponsmith (which doesn't seem to had the same feel). I like the idea of someone putting on these gloves and getting say +2 steps to their Strength.

Let's hear everyone's two slots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: