Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Rules Questions for Deadlands: Reloaded
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Marksman Reply with quote

RDC wrote:
Can Marksman be used with...

a double blast from a double-barrel shotgun?

Yep. As long as it is a single Shooting roll.

RDC wrote:
a double tap from a double-action revolver?

Yep. Same here, it's a single roll.

www.peginc.com

Last edited by Clint on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFDia wrote:
I have finally read through the book and I really love it! Unfortunately I have to bother you with some more questions to clear some situations up before they occur. Thank you for your efforts in advance Clint! Smile

1.) The duration of Sanctify after the errata is "Permanent unless desecrated" but what does desecrated mean? Is there a special power to do so or is it a use of the dispel power or something else?

Desecrated means, well, desecrated, the basic meaning of the word. Basically, the treat a sanctified area with disrespect or profanely. It's really up to the GM to make the call on what fits as there isn't any particular "ruling" on it.

A black magician might use their own version of Santify to "desecrate" an area sanctified by someone else. Otherwise, I'd say it wouldn't be easy and would take performing sins appropriate to the belief involved in the sanctified area. The worse the sins; the less time it would take.

AFDia wrote:
2.) Is there any limitation for the "Infest" harrowed edge? Can a harrowed summon infinite swarms and how long do the swarms remain at the harrowed?

As it says in the book, "The creatures aren't created by the power, however, so they must be present in the surrounding terrain." So, they can only summon enough "small biting, stinging insects" as could arrive in his position in 3 rounds of movement. Since it uses the normal stats for a swarm from the book, that means only those types of insects that exist withing about a 30" radius or so around him.

In short, it's up to the GM how many could be summoned with criteria as a guideline.

The swarms last until combat is over most likely (or they are "killed"). Since it is measured in rounds of concentration, it isn't really designed to be used outside of combat (an angry swarm doesn't have much use outside of combat anyway). If a harrowed really wants to have a couple of swarms of insects following him around, the GM could certainly allow it... but there are easier ways to get your character killed. Wink

AFDia wrote:
3.) Can a harrowed use the wither power to destroy a colt or knife by rust (or at least make it unusable)? It would be a nice tactic to specifically attack the enemies weapon. Smile

Well, first off, of course he'd have to make a Called Shot to hit the weapon in question (-4 at least, though +2 for a touch attack), and then make his roll.

Then the GM would have to make a determination where 1 month or 1 year of age would disable the weapon (destroy would be highly unlikely). I'd probably say a month of age (without being cared for) causes a weapon to become unreliable (a 1 on the Trait die when used causes it to break), and any more (a second use or a raise) disables it, but it does depend (I might rule it takes the effects of two raises to affect something made of ghost steel for instance).

AFDia wrote:
4.)Questions about the Tai Chi style:
a.) Assumed I do enough damage to shaken my enemy and he gets hit against a wall by the knockback. Does the shaken+shaken=wound rule count for this?
b.) What if he hits another living being. Does he simply stop at the space adjacent to him? What if the other guy is directly standing behind the knocked back guy? The whole knockback would be absorbed, is this true?
c.) Am I able to use Tai Chi while attacking with a weapon? It doesn't say "You must be unarmed" to use it.

a.) Sure.
b.) He's not going to hit someone else; he's going to fly past them, over them, or land at their feet (if the distance roll determines that's only as far as they go). People aren't solid inanimate objects filling an entire space like a wall would.
c.) No limitation on being armed or unarmed.

Hope that helps.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFDia wrote:
Since last week I have my first experience with harrowed players. Wink

There are special healing rules for the harrowed, described under "Food and Drink", but some things are not 100% clear for me.

a.) If someone wants to heal him with bandages and a normal healing roll, there will be no effect, true?

b.) If he wants to heal himself by eating meat and making a healing roll, do the normal healing rules apply to this roll? (this means: double wound penalty for self-healing, 10min per attempt, golden hour, +1 wound if result is <=1,...)

c.) If he's healing naturally, will he suffer any penalty or bonus for rough travelling, medical attention,...?

The healing rules for harrowed apply to natural healing rolls they would have to make, not rolls from the Healing skill or power typically.

Healing skill could be used on a harrowed, but it would be obvious to anyone so doing that the character "ain't right," and it would follow all the normal rules for use.

As far as natural healing modifiers, I'd say some of the penalties don't matter to them since they can catch diseases and don't suffer fatigue from mundane sources. That said, rough traveling probably isn't going to do their bodies any good, so I'd still apply that one.

Hope that helps!

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFDia wrote:
Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately I have to ask some more questions:

The rulebook says "...they don't really bleed either." and "...these [wound] penalties reflect damage to the Harrowed's muscles and bones, making movement and action more difficult"
How does a normal healing roll - which represents clearing the wounds with water and stop the bleeding - repair the muscles and bones?

Well, first off, a normal healing roll does not represent simply cleaning the wounds with water and stopping bleeding. Healing is the skill of treating wounds in whatever way is needed.

I'm guessing the confusion may come from the listing that Healing suffers a penalty without basic supplies like bandages and clean water, but there's nothing in the skill's use that reflects that is all it does.

AFDia wrote:
Or is it more like the healer recognizes that the player is a harrowed (rotten flesh and no fresh blood) and switches over to attach a splint or something like that? Of course this would only apply to a PC who wants to heal his party member ... I don't think any other healer would help an undead. Wink

That's pretty much it; the healer would do what is needed to fix the damage. It may not be pretty, but it will work if successful.

In fact, since there is no bleeding or disease to worry about, it might be a bit easier for the healer; the character may not suffer the full -2 for not having the proper supplies (perhaps only -1 since some things might still be needed).

AFDia wrote:
About the special healing rules for harrowed: If this only applies to natural healing rolls, how does it exactly work? I would assume that every 5 days he can eat a pound of flesh and make a healing roll. But the other time he doesn't have to eat anything. Is this true so far?

Perhaps it is just as simple as you said and the only special thing about healing a harrowed is the requirement of 1 pound of flesh for every natural healing roll, but I want to understand the little differences even if they don't exist rulewise. Wink

Thank you!

You got it nailed pretty much dead on. If you want to go for flavor as opposed to pure rules, then a healer might fix the problem, removing any wounds and penalties for rules purposes, but the area might still look damaged until the harrowed can eat a pound of meat to actually get the flesh and bone to knit back together.

Creepy, but not purely in the rules.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: