Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Rules Questions for Deadlands: Reloaded
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday wrote:
Quick follow-up: I took the original to imply that they did not regenerate PPs at all, except in those conditions. Is that correct?

And so, does the section now mean that they regenerate at the normal rate in civilisation, and double outside it, or that they regenerate nothing while in civilisation and double outside it?

I'm afraid your first supposition was incorrect. Shamans work as normal barring the exceptions lists, so they regain PPs normally outside of those conditions. One of the reasons for the errata was to make that clear.

So in short, shamans regain at their normal rate in civilization and at double that rate away from it.

Hope this clears things up and sorry for the confusion.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Gatling Shotguns Reply with quote

Jequeyl wrote:
Do Gatling Shotguns get the +2 bonus to hit? It isn't listed in the DL:R weapon tables, although the core rules says all shotguns get the bonus.

Yep, they would.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allensh wrote:
This was answered but I didn't understand the answer so I am asking for clarification:

Given that Blessed do not have Power Points in Deadlands Reloaded, how does the Holy Warrior edge work for a Blessed character?

Well, I'm not sure which part isn't understood, so I'll try to cover it all.

Holy Warrior works just like using a Novice Rank Power. The character makes his Faith roll with the -2 penalty as for a Novice power. If he gets a success, the effect of Holy Warrior takes place. If he rolls a 1 on the Faith die or fails the roll entirely, the character suffers the normal penalties and effects.

That's pretty much it. If something specifically isn't clear, just let me know.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Holden wrote:
What are the penalties for firing a rifle one handed?

-2 penalty.

Judge Holden wrote:
Can you double tap during the opening shots of Duel?

Nope. As it says, each opponent can only fire a "single shot." Double Tap even specifically says it fires "two shots."

So single-actions can't fan in the opening shot of a duel, and double-actions can't double tap.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewbakuk wrote:
If a gunslinger has ambi, can they draw two guns in the opening shots?

Any character could draw two guns if they had them (requiring an Agility check as normal), but they can still only fire a single shot from one gun.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talahar wrote:
please tell me if i got this right:
chi power deflection and seize the pearl of death:

i activate the power via my deflection skill (or d4-2 if i dont have it)
if i succeed, my enemies get -2 to hit me, if i get a raise it's -4 for 3 rounds (or more if i want to and can pay the PP)

if they still hit, me they hit me and roll for damage, and i could soak if i want to.
if they miss i could try an agility roll -6 (or -4 for thrown/missile weapons)
if i succeed, i inflict str+d6 upon my attacker.

so first: did i get that one right, or did i miss something?
and second: could i raise the seize the pearl agility roll for additional d6 damage?

and thirdly i have to apologize if this got answered before. i looked but couldnt find anything.

thanks! Very Happy

Sounds like you have it right, but as it is set up, the character wouldn't get an extra d6 damage for a raise on the Agility roll. It isn't really an "attack roll" it's just part of the power that can reflect damage back on the attacker.

Theoretically, if the GM wanted to allow something like that, I'd say the character has to make the Agility roll to grab the item, and then has to make a Throwing roll to hit as normal (use the Range penalties as if attacking with the original weapon). It's going to require a second roll with normal penalties, but the character could also make Called Shots and get bonus damage for a raise, so I'd think it would even out.

Hope this helps.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Holden wrote:
Can you fire both barrels of a double barrel shotgun as two seperate attacks, or is it just a double tap? If so are these seperate attack rolls? If the double barrels are like a double tap is it just +1 to hit and damage?

Double barrelled shotguns work as listed under their description on page 38 of SWR. Basically, the character makes one Shooting roll, but applies the full damage from both shots (although each is applied versus Toughness separately).

Judge Holden wrote:
Do GMs have to spend a fate chip to allow the manitou to wrestle control of a harrowed player?

Yep, it works just as listed on page 130 under "Hitchhiker from Hell."

Judge Holden wrote:
Do GMs get a 'free' roll at the start of each session or an extra fate chip like in Classic rules?

No free roll, and no "generic" extra Fate Chip. But since the manitou is a Wild Card, the GM as usual gets 2 Fate Chips at the beginning of the session to use on rolls specifically for it.

Judge Holden wrote:
Once the Legend chip is in the bag is it a permanent addition, or is gone once its drawn?

It's gone once drawn. Check page 126, the last paragraph under Legend Chips.

Hope this helps.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MountZionRyan wrote:
I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere:
As Marshall I draw a chip for each player (for me to use) and an additional chip when a WC enters the stage.

Actually, it's two chips for a Wild Card to be specific.

MountZionRyan wrote:
What happens when I use a red chip?
Since:
DLR, p. 58 wrote:
The bad news is that the Marshal gets a free draw from the Fate Pot for his critters and cowpokes every time you use a red chip.

Nothing happens, other than whatever the effect of the chip is. The Marshal gets a draw if a player uses a Red Chip in that fashion, but there is no similar effect when the Marshal uses a Red Chip.

MountZionRyan wrote:
Thanks

You're very welcome.

www.peginc.com

Last edited by Clint on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Superior MA - Tai Chi Reply with quote

Arlyansor wrote:
Hi,

I'm aware that in SW raises are limited to one only, but the test for Tai Chi seems to imply that raises over and above the first are still rolled for/counted for the amount of knockback done to the target.

Is this correct?

Sorry, but no. Additional raises don't give additional distance for that ability. No matter what their mystical ability, a Tai Chi wielder isn't going to throw an opponent farther than 48 feet.

It's a good catch though, as there are some special Edges or abilities in the system where multiple raises do matter.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baron wrote:
Clint wrote:
Marc Hameleers wrote:
With the new rank costs for Blessed, how do variable cost spells work?

For example, can i build a 100 point barrier? always do 3 3d6 bolts? Spell rank stays the same after all

Well first, blessed don't have access to bolt... and now you know why. Wink

Anyway, cost is irrelevant. Could the blessed make a 100 point barrier? Theoretically, but there are a couple of limitations other than the -4 penalty to the roll.

1. The barrier (no matter what size it is) will only last 3 rounds (6 with raise).

2. If a barrier that size is unneeded, the character will most likely face an additional penalty from the Marshal, and a roll on the Sinnin' Table as well (Pride is one of the Seven Deadly ones Twisted Evil ).

But when it's needed (and the blessed makes the roll), the power of <insert diety here> is awesome to behold. #1angel3

So back to his original question. The powers that have a range in PPs that affect the outcome of the spell....

Does a Blessed automatically get full power to it if he is successful?

He doesn't have to get raises on his Faith roll or anything?

Just a sucess with the appropriate penalty of Rank and then the maximum level of that spell (barrier has numerous) goes off?

The sound of the barrier spell (using ONLY as an example) appears to be affected of its size based on the number of PP's used.

So I could pray and make one fairly large with just one success?

The Blessed has to name the power he is trying to create. If that power has a range of effect based on the number of PPs used, he had to specify that before rolling the dice.

In other words, if he wants to create a Barrier, he would have to say, "I want to create a 10" Barrier from X to Y." As per the errata, if he rolls a success, he will create that Barrier for 3 rounds. If he gets a raise, it will last for 6 rounds.

Of course, the key is this, the Marshal can apply any additional penalty to the roll he wants to if he feels the request is counter to the tenets of the faith (this even applies to Voodoo even if they don't use a Sinnin' Table). And one tenet that would be pretty universal would be to never ask for more from the forces of good than is necessary.

A Blessed is probably going to have a much better chance to surround an entire school full of innocent children with a Barrier that protects them from a supernatural evil than to try to put a Barrier around a single bandit who just happens to be holding up the stagecoach he is on even if it would be a much smaller Barrier.

Anyway, hope that clears things up.

www.peginc.com

Last edited by Clint on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: DLR: Supernatural Attribute Reply with quote

TheLoremaster wrote:
(slight SPOILER!!!)

DLR, pg. 110, says that Supernatural Attribute does not apply to Skills. Yes, on pg. 244, Wild Bill Hickok has Supernatural Attribute (Shooting). Which is correct? Personally, I don't think he needs it .. he is an NPC after all, and doesn't need to be balanced ...

If you haven't checked it, all the up to date errata is posted in this thread...

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10313

And as it says there...

Quote:
p.244 Wild Bill Hickok
Under Edges, remove Supernatural Trait (Shooting). Add Expert (Shooting) and Professional (Shooting).

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLoremaster wrote:
The errata indicate that Deadlands NPC's have Grit equal to 1/2 their number of Edges. Should we round up, or round down? If the NPC has one Edge, does he have Grit: 1 or Grit:0?

I assume round down, but I just want the official word.

Ack, sorry, missed this.

Yep, like most fractions in the game, round down. So an NPC with one Edge would have Grit: 0.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloodshadows wrote:
The wording in the book is a bit vague regarding use of Red and Blue chips compared to White. Under Red Chips, it states that the Marshal does not get a draw if the Red is used as a White (reroll, soak a wound...). So, if a Red or Blue is used to soak a wound, does the character add 1d6 to their soak roll or simply roll Vigor as usual?

As I read it, it would seem that all colors of chip soak wounds the same but effects on other rolls differ depending on color.

Yep. Basically, any chip can be spent to reroll or remove a Shaken (with the option to Soak), and the GM doesn't get a draw from the pot.

Red and Blue chips offer the additional option to add +1d6 to a roll, but if a Red chip is spent for this effect, the GM gets to draw a Fate Chip.

bloodshadows wrote:
If that is the case, do you think it would unbalance things if I house-rule it so the +1d6 applies to soak rolls as well?

Well, keep in mind that a Fate Chip could be spent to Soak, and then a Red or Blue Chip could be spent to add +1d6 to that roll. So the effect is possible; it just requires spending two chips (for that matter, more Red or Blue chips could be spent to add additional +1d6s to the result).

I'm not sure how unbalancing it might be. It would certainly make Red and Blue Chips more valuable for Soaking. It should go without saying (but just in case it doesn't) that using a Red Chip in to Soak would then allow the GM a Fate Chip draw (since it is not an ability of a White Chip).

Ultimately, the effect will work both for the players and the GM (though more often on the player's side), and of course, the GM has the benefit that when he spends a Red Chip in that fashion, the players don't get a draw from the pot. Twisted Evil

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJack wrote:
Shamans seem to be a modified version of the blessed from the Savage Worlds core. Can they take the Champion or Holy Warrior edges?

Officially, nope. They have Arcane Background (Shamanism) not Arcane Background (Miracles) the requirement for those Edges.

While they use a variation of those rules from the core rulebook, they are not that AB.

On the other hand, Blessed (which use a different set of rules) still have AB (Miracles), so they can take those Edges.

Of course, the GM can always change things around to fit his game.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocketman_2004 wrote:
hey hey.

in the DL:R weapons list there are a few weapons i have a question about:

tomahawk
spear
bladed war club
arrow

are the stats presented intended to represent metal blades, or do the stats represent chipped stone or sharpened wood?
or is there no difference as far as the rules are concerned?

also, if they represent one, how are the rules modified to represent the other?

this seems important to me because of the old ways oath.
the old ways oath gives players an advantage, but they can't use modern tech. steel weapons are modern tech. so if the stats presented represent metal equipment i wanna stick my 'old ways' players with inferior gear.
---

Doesn't matter in the setting. Stone or metal weapons all work the same way.

Rocketman_2004 wrote:
on another note, does the Gatling Gun (big one w/ wheels) has to use its full RoF?
---

Nope. Like any normal autofire weapon, it can fire "up to" its ROF. It's still limited to firing a single shot or in autofire mode (it can't double-tap or 3RB). And it suffers the same penalties whether it fires at ROF 2 or ROF 3.

It's different from the personal Gatling weapons that are mechanically driven.

Rocketman_2004 wrote:
is the peacemaker SA or DA... or is it SA and DA at the same time....?
(i donno exactly how it works w/ the mechanisms...
---

The Peacemaker is available in both SA and DA versions, but it has to be either one or the other.

Rocketman_2004 wrote:
from what i understand the
revolving shotgun
single-barrel shotgun
double barrel shotgun
lever action shotgun
all use the same 12 ga shell

the gun under the LeMat revolver and the LeMat carbine are both 16 ga

now... what is the 'scattergun'? 16, 12, or something else?
---

A scattergun is just a cut down double-barrel shotgun and uses the same 12 gauge shell.

Rocketman_2004 wrote:
does the shotgun on LeMat firearms grant +2 to shooting rolls?

Yep.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloodshadows wrote:
The weakness of a Majove Rattler is the nerve cluster. It's at -6 to hit. Does the rattler's size of +4 to hit with ranged weapons then turn that -6 into a -2 for targeting the weak spot (assuming the PCs even are aware of it)? It would still have a Toughness of 11 on the weak spot but a -2 seems too easy. Maybe I'm just evil like that. Twisted Evil

Guess you are because that is exactly how it works. Do keep in mind that the Rattler has Heavy Armor, and that's pretty much the only way the PCs even have a chance to hurt it with non-Heavy Weapons.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeker of Truth wrote:
Does the chip gained by someone with the Tale Teller Edge carry over from session to session? Most of time, tale tellin's going to happen near the end of a session, so to give out a Legend chip then only to have very little time to use it.

The player can just get it at the beginning of the next session; that way it works like the basic Legend Chip which wouldn't be available to a player until the next session either.

But it's that session only, they don't carry over. Even if a GM doesn't play with the system that allows Fate Chips to become experience, I'd still recommend allowing an unspent Legend Chip to automatically become an XP if unspent by the end of a session.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce wrote:
Can a Huckster take the Wizard Edge?

If he can, can he use it while Dealing with the Devil?
(If his cards aren't good enough to pay for the Hex, he could still roll his Spellcasting, hoping to score one or more Raises and reduce the cost of the Hex)

Nope, page 32 under New Edges <italics mine>...

Quote:
The following Edges are not allowed in Deadlands: Arcane Background (Psionics) or (Super Powers), Mentalist, Soul Drain, and Wizard.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malichai11 wrote:
Clint wrote:
2. If a barrier that size is unneeded, the character will most likely face an additional penalty from the Marshal, and a roll on the Sinnin' Table as well (Pride is one of the Seven Deadly ones Twisted Evil ).

Where are the rules for rolling on a sinnin' table? What do you roll, and when? I guess I missed something, because I thought that sinnin' just caused automatic penalties (-2 for minor, no powers for a week for major, semi-permanent loss of powers for mortal).

Sorry, not a "roll on" but one of the "results from" the Sinnin' Table. I was apparently still thinking of the penalty to the Faith roll when I wrote that.

www.peginc.com

Last edited by Clint on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay on this; I completely missed this question.

AFDia wrote:
I have 2 short questions before mastering my first DLR session:

1.) Reloading inflicts a -2 MAP but can be done right after emptying your gun. This sounds like using your second hand to reload, right?
What if I empty 2 guns in 1 turn and want to reload them? I would guess that you can't reload them in the same turn, because you have already used both of your hands for shooting. So it would take an entire turn to reload both (1 hand to reload every gun, 2 hands to reload 2 guns). Is this right? (and how would speed loading change the situation?)

Reloading a gun requires two hands. One to hold the gun and one to hold the bullets being loaded into it. It's just a special action (like drawing a weapon) that can be combined with Shooting the same weapon with a MAP.

Since a character cannot repeat the same action in a round, they could only reload one gun per round. And since the no repeating actions rule applies to free actions as well, it would also apply with Speed Load. A character with that Edge could still only reload a single weapon per round, but they are able to attack with that weapon without a MAP.

AFDia wrote:
2.) Does fanning the hammer require 2 hands (one to hold the gun and the other to fan) or is it possible to fan 2 guns in 1 turn? (If it is possible and reloading doesn't use the offhand, it would be possible to fan 2 guns each turn Surprised )

Fanning the hammer requires two hands. As it says on page 60, "...holds the trigger of a single action pistol down while repeatedly slapping the hammer down with his other hand." <italics mine>

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: