Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

***Rules Questions for SW Settings***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redeucer
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaoLong wrote:
Thanks for the info on the shield Very Happy

Clint wrote:

DaoLong wrote:
I would assume that a sword with infection (instant death, cuts off head) wouldnt benefit from a touch attack bonus, but would still kill someone with a successful attack. Or would that depend on the trappings?

Trappings pretty much. A sword with Infection could also be "The Blade of Pestilence" and a simple touch from it could kill (touch attack with the Infection power). If it requires a normal attack roll to use its "Infection" ability of cutting off heads, then some allowance should be made (after all the character is facing an effective -6 penalty to use the weapon).

Hope this helps.

Im a little confused on the -6 penalty. Are you talking about a MAP and having to draw the weapon first? Or are you talking about a called shot?

Also would the sword have the "always on" modifier?

Thanks in advance.

A touch attack is normally +2. Since you will be doing a regular combat attack, you would not get that +2. There is 2 of the -6.

You would also need to do a called shot to the head at -4 to decapitate. That is the other -4 of the -6.

Infection touch attack: Fighting +2
Decapitate Attack: Fighting -4

That help?

Redeucer
Darth Squirellious, Dark Rodent of the Sith!

"Mediocrity has never been so EPIC!"
- SlasherEpoch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaoLong wrote:
Im a little confused on the -6 penalty. Are you talking about a MAP and having to draw the weapon first? Or are you talking about a called shot?

Called Shot. It loses the +2 bonus for Touch and takes a -4 Called Shot penalty to hit the head/neck (thus effective -6). This is obviously based on the theory that the wielder has to hit the neck to cut off the head.

DaoLong wrote:

Um, no. It doesn't limit the character as described for the Always On Modifier. Unless the character could never put down the sword and had to attack anyone who touched them. Even then, it's kind of counterintuitive if the trappings remove the Touch part of Infection.

www.peginc.com
DaoLong
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
DaoLong wrote:

Called Shot. It loses the +2 bonus for Touch and takes a -4 Called Shot penalty to hit the head/neck (thus effective -6). This is obviously based on the theory that the wielder has to hit the neck to cut off the head.

DaoLong wrote:

Um, no. It doesn't limit the character as described for the Always On Modifier. Unless the character could never put down the sword and had to attack anyone who touched them. Even then, it's kind of counterintuitive if the trappings remove the Touch part of Infection.

Thats what I thought. Thanks for clarifying Very Happy

Now off to finish fleshing out my evil knight...
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin
Mindseye
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Rippertech donors Reply with quote

Which of the common Rippertech available in the player's guide would a vampire be a likely donor for? I've got a character with a mad-on for a particular vampire, but want him to be cutting his rpper Psychosis teeth Twisted Evil on vampire bits.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Rippertech donors Reply with quote

da Wookiee wrote:
Which of the common Rippertech available in the player's guide would a vampire be a likely donor for? I've got a character with a mad-on for a particular vampire, but want him to be cutting his rpper Psychosis teeth Twisted Evil on vampire bits.

According to the wording of the various Rippertech, Aetheral Form, Bone Stiffening, Corpse Dust, Muscle Weaving, and Taloned hands (claws)

Wiggy
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Holy/Unholy Warrior Reply with quote

Ok, I`d like to ask on which creatures in Rippers that Edge works? On all "evil" creatures, like undead, demons, werewolves, evil rippers (negative Reason) and people with "evil" Arcane Backgrounds? Or only undead and demons?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Holy/Unholy Warrior Reply with quote

Piotr Ramel Korys wrote:
Ok, I`d like to ask on which creatures in Rippers that Edge works? On all "evil" creatures, like undead, demons, werewolves, evil rippers (negative Reason) and people with "evil" Arcane Backgrounds? Or only undead and demons?

I'll defer to Simon, Wiggy, or whoever else on this, but this is my take.

Holy Warrior works on "supernaturally evil creatures," which is slightly different from supernatural and evil creatures.

In essence, the creatures' life must be undeniably linked to evil magic in some way.

The short version is that in my opinion Holy Warrior does only work on demons, undead, and characters with an "Evil" Arcane Background. There might be a few other rare exceptions, but 99.3% of the time, those are the only targets.

It seems to me any other option makes an Edge that is already very powerful in Rippers obscenely moreso.

But that's not "official" unless one of the other guys says so.

www.peginc.com
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Rippertech donors Reply with quote

I was a little cheater, and I`ve asked this on PM. Here is answer.

Wiggy wrote:

It work on any supernatural evil creature - pretty much everythink in
the monster part of the Encounters section. Humans, even evil ones,
without supernatural pwoers or Arcane Backgrounds aren't affected, so
Nightguard and Cossacks are safe.

Wiggy

So Yes, it is rather powerfull. I`m sure that I`ll use Clint`s suggestions from Savage rules threat or maybe modify that Edge.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Holy/Unholy Warrior Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
Piotr Ramel Korys wrote:

I'll defer to Simon, Wiggy, or whoever else on this, but this is my take.

Holy Warrior works on "supernaturally evil creatures," which is slightly different from supernatural and evil creatures.

In essence, the creatures' life must be undeniably linked to evil magic in some way.

The short version is that in my opinion Holy Warrior does only work on demons, undead, and characters with an "Evil" Arcane Background. There might be a few other rare exceptions, but 99.3% of the time, those are the only targets.

It seems to me any other option makes an Edge that is already very powerful in Rippers obscenely moreso.

But that's not "official" unless one of the other guys says so.

Ideally, think of horror films. A vampire or demon might be kept at bay by a cross (or whatever holy symbol you have to hand), but a werewolf or mummy isn't (watch The Mummy for a classic example). This makes the Edge easy to handle, and stops your adventures being wrecked by a single character.

HOWEVER, if you want a priest to be able to affect any supernatural creature, then that's your choice.

Wiggy
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Rippertech donors Reply with quote

Piotr Ramel Korys wrote:
I was a little cheater, and I`ve asked this on PM. Here is answer.

Wiggy wrote:

It work on any supernatural evil creature - pretty much everythink in
the monster part of the Encounters section. Humans, even evil ones,
without supernatural pwoers or Arcane Backgrounds aren't affected, so
Nightguard and Cossacks are safe.

Wiggy

So Yes, it is rather powerfull. I`m sure that I`ll use Clint`s suggestions from Savage rules threat or maybe modify that Edge.

And I've changed my mind since reading Clint's post Smile At the end of the day, whichever version you choose to use is the right one.

Wiggy
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Rippertech donors Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:

And I've changed my mind since reading Clint's post Smile At the end of the day, whichever version you choose to use is the right one.
Wiggy

Very Happy Very Happy None Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And to be serious - I`ll use it for demons, undead and other "lesser" supernatural evil monsters, as zombies or hags. It won`t work for Mummies and few "older" monsters. I`ll write it all later and ask You, fellow Savages, for Your opinions, ok?
thmbscrws
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few questions about some necessary evil gear i couldn't find an answer for anywhere in the book or anywhere else.

The Z-Belt says that it isn't destoyed when it runs out of protection like ablative armor and that it can be recharged. How long does it take to recharge it and what do you need to be able to recharge it or does it need new batteries in which case how much would they cost?

Sort of the same question for the plasma rifle. How do you reload it when it runs out of shots and can you purchase extra "ammo" or batteries for it. This also aplies to alien blaster weapons though obviously you couldn't purchase batteries but how do the aliens reload them when they run out of ammo?

Sorry if these have been answered somewhere but i couldn't find the answers anywhere, might just be because it's late and i'm tired lol. Thanks in advance.
Ashikaider
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed mention was made of 'rolling up' a lodge in Rippers, but there's nothing in the gm section of my book on making lodges. Is there something I missed?
thmbscrws
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of one more question. What happens to a construct that has become incapacitated as far as healing goes. As i understand it your pretty much out of luck unless someone else comes along and repairs you. This seems kind of harsh to me so i was just curiouse if thats how it goes.
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashikaider wrote:
I noticed mention was made of 'rolling up' a lodge in Rippers, but there's nothing in the gm section of my book on making lodges. Is there something I missed?

I think that everything GM and players need to know about lodges (at least for now) is in Players section.
Redeucer
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thmbscrws wrote:
I have a few questions about some necessary evil gear i couldn't find an answer for anywhere in the book or anywhere else.

The Z-Belt says that it isn't destoyed when it runs out of protection like ablative armor and that it can be recharged. How long does it take to recharge it and what do you need to be able to recharge it or does it need new batteries in which case how much would they cost?

Sort of the same question for the plasma rifle. How do you reload it when it runs out of shots and can you purchase extra "ammo" or batteries for it. This also aplies to alien blaster weapons though obviously you couldn't purchase batteries but how do the aliens reload them when they run out of ammo?

Sorry if these have been answered somewhere but i couldn't find the answers anywhere, might just be because it's late and i'm tired lol. Thanks in advance.

The plasma rifle and blasters should be covered by the Laser Battery in the Savage Worlds Revised Rule book. You buy a new battery and plug it into the weapon. Now buying any of them will be hard (the usual x10 blackmarket charge...if you can find them...), but the Blaster ones will be down right impossible short of steeling them from the V'sori.

The Z-Belt I am not so sure about. I would assume that it is similar to the Electro-Lance the V'sori use. Say charge it over night and you are ready to go.

Redeucer
Darth Squirellious, Dark Rodent of the Sith!

"Mediocrity has never been so EPIC!"
- SlasherEpoch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a question on gaining power points in NE.
at character creation, you start with 10 points.
then you take super karma, and get 5 points more.
then you take the edge, power points for 1 or your edges.

now you have 20 points to start. zeke, turned me on to this at the con.

when can a character take the power points edge again? at novice, once play has started; or at seasoned because the use at creation counts against novice level?

i can see it both ways.

the meta-creator does it the 1st way.

Last edited by marshal kt on Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mindseye
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what Clint has said, the next time it would be available would be at seasoned. Max for a legendary character would be 40 powerpoints.
Savage Simon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashikaider wrote:

Check the section on Ripper hospitality on page 51. It gives some guidance on making up Lodges on the fly by rolling a bunch of d10s

Simon
Ashikaider
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Simon, that was wot I was looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 9 of 36

Jump to: