Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

***Rules Questions for SW Settings***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: ***Rules Questions for SW Settings*** Reply with quote

[Edit: This thread has been moved here for referential purposes. To ask a new question, just start a new thread below.]

Questions about Deadlands: Reloaded are handled in its own topic here...
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=54

Questions about Solomon Kane are handled in its own topic here... http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=61

If your question pertains to the core rules, go to this link, http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56.

www.peginc.com

Last edited by Clint on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:37 am; edited 7 times in total
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q. How does Heavy Armor work in NE?

A. It works the same as in the SW core book. This question comes up frequently, so here's the complete breakdown.

Normal damage vs. normal armor does damage normally
Heavy Weapon vs. normal armor does damage normally
Normal damage vs. Heavy Armor does NO damage
Heavy Weapon vs. Heavy Armor does damage normally

Regards,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
lordthrog
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questions about the standard gear in Tour of Darkness. Teller had responded before, but I can't find thread anymore.

1. The book states that every soldier has in their ruck or attached to their LBE a butt pack with weapon cleaning kit, poncho, first aid packet, wet weather gear, 2 ammo pouches, and hygene gear. There are no weights listed for this gear, nor are these things listed in the gear section. Are the weights assused to be counted into the weight of the ruck and LBE?

2. Does the first aid packet above (NOT the Medic's pack) give any sort of bonus to healing rolls? Or is it a case of the first aid packet allows for a healing roll in the field without negatives for lack of supplies?

3. On the Standard US Gear Weights table on page 21 the M1911A1 and the M1911A1 7 round clip are listed twice with different weights. The M1911A1 is listed at 2 lbs and 4 lbs and the 7 round clip at 1 lbs and .5 lbs, which are the correct values?

"So, what weapon should I use? I'm very proficient with the Spork, but I also swing a mean sock of Legos." - Bucky Katt
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattspost wrote:
If I take paralysis with all the bells a whistles I can use it with attack ranged.

Just to clarify, you only need Extra Range to tie it to a ranged attack, not "all the bells and whistles." Obviously, that Modifier is included in "all the bells and whistles," but I just didn't want it to seem required.

Wattspost wrote:
My question is if my attack ranged has a ROF of 2+ do I get paralysis on all shots or just the first?

Yes. That's a benefit of tying that power permanently to Attack, Ranged.

Hope this helps.

www.peginc.com
Teller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lordthrog"]I have some questions about the standard gear in Tour of Darkness. Teller had responded before, but I can't find thread anymore.

lordthrog wrote:
1. The book states that every soldier has in their ruck or attached to their LBE a butt pack with weapon cleaning kit, poncho, first aid packet, wet weather gear, 2 ammo pouches, and hygene gear. There are no weights listed for this gear, nor are these things listed in the gear section. Are the weights assused to be counted into the weight of the ruck and LBE?

The weight listed for the LBE on p. 21 (5 lbs) includes a pistol belt, Y suspenders, 2 ammo pouches (3x20 mag capacity), a butt pack, first aid packet pouch. This doesn't include the weight of the 1-2 canteens that each soldier would carry.
The weight of the rucksack is for an empty ruck (frame included). For the items not mentioned, I'd go with the following:
cleaning kit: .5 lbs
poncho: 1 lb
wet weather gear (top and bottom) 2 lbs (and smells like fresh vomit due to the waterproofing used--really!)
hygiene gear: depends on the character. A toothbrush--negligible. A very fastidious character who has to have everything--5 lbs.

lordthrog wrote:
2. Does the first aid packet above (NOT the Medic's pack) give any sort of bonus to healing rolls? Or is it a case of the first aid packet allows for a healing roll in the field without negatives for lack of supplies?

The latter--it's just a single field dressing (a wad of sterile gauze and cloth tails) that each soldier carries to use on himself in case of injury.

lordthrog wrote:
3. On the Standard US Gear Weights table on page 21 the M1911A1 and the M1911A1 7 round clip are listed twice with different weights. The M1911A1 is listed at 2 lbs and 4 lbs and the 7 round clip at 1 lbs and .5 lbs, which are the correct values?

2 lbs and .5 lbs (this is the kind of error that creeps in after the author gets a manuscript back from an editor and re-writes the edited sections. I take the blame for this)

Hope this helps.
lordthrog
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Teller. And now to copy and paste to word, and print it out to keep with my book Very Happy

"So, what weapon should I use? I'm very proficient with the Spork, but I also swing a mean sock of Legos." - Bucky Katt
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MojaveRattler wrote:
The text for super skill says:
"Grants you 2 points to increase your villains skills (each new skill cost 2 points to buy at d4) and [...]. Each Power Point spent increases the skill one step.
Unlike normal advancement, it doesn't matter if the super skill is over the linked attribute or not [...]"

Now, if I read it one way it seems that I get 2 skill points to increase a skill per 1 power point spent without mattering if the super skill is over the linked attribute.

However there's that one sentance that reads "Each power point spent increases a skill one step" which indicates i get 1 skill point for 1 pp.

So...do I get 1 or 2 skill points per power point? And If i get 2, do they ignore the Attribute restriction or are they just an additional 2 skill points to be added to the pool?

You get 2 Super Skill Points per 1 PP, and they ignore Attribute restrictions.

However, this was fixed in the revision of NE (which include the hardcopy). You must be using the old PDF. Everyone who bought that was sent an email to get the updated version a long time ago. It's possible you were missed or a spam filter got it.

Whatever the reason, send Zeke an email with the information on your purchase, and he should be able to help you when he gets back in.

www.peginc.com
Mindseye
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Cone Template with attack Ranged Reply with quote

A player of mine took attack ranged with the cone template. He failed his attack roll, and the question came up as to whether it would deviate as an area effect or simply not go off. Looking at the area effect and flamethrower rules as well as burst from the main book to get an idea of how they use the cone template I came to the conclusion that the cone template would not deviate, raises on the attack roll would not increase damage, and the targets would get an agility roll to avoid the effects. I'm looking for confirmation that I'm on the right track, or how others have or would go about handling it.

da Wookiee
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Cone Template with attack Ranged Reply with quote

da Wookiee wrote:
A player of mine took attack ranged with the cone template. He failed his attack roll, and the question came up as to whether it would deviate as an area effect or simply not go off. Looking at the area effect and flamethrower rules as well as burst from the main book to get an idea of how they use the cone template I came to the conclusion that the cone template would not deviate, raises on the attack roll would not increase damage, and the targets would get an agility roll to avoid the effects. I'm looking for confirmation that I'm on the right track, or how others have or would go about handling it.

da Wookiee

I agree with your conclusions. Wink
xenocution
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question is regarding the NE: Super Sorcery power.

Q: If the character has Spellcasting as a Super Skill, say at d12+4 for example, does the +4 add to the Spellcasting die when determining if Backlash occurs, or is it the just the number rolled on the die that is compared? And is the Wild Die available as well?

Example: The villian has a Spellcasting of d12+4 and has borrowed 5 points over his max. He rolls a 4 on the die, does this result in a unmodified 4 or a modified 8 ?

Thanks!
Redeucer
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

The +4 does not add for determining Backlash, only for the success of the spell. So if they borrowed 3 points and rolled a 2, the total still roll is a 6 so the spell succeeds. However, since the roll was a 2, they would also be subject to backlash.

Redeucer
Darth Squirellious, Dark Rodent of the Sith!

"Mediocrity has never been so EPIC!"
- SlasherEpoch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
nerdron
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: super-strength as a heavy weapon in NE Reply with quote

I have prowled back and forth thorugh the book and cannot find an answer to this one. If I take a certain amount of super-strength, can my fighting attacks function as heavy weapons, or do I need to take at least 1 level of melee attack power?

thanks!
Jyass
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On page 129 of the NE hardback book, it lists 4-Star as having a d12+1 in a skill called deflection. I was intrigued by this until I realized that he had no throwing skill for his throwing stars, so I replaced the deflection skill with a throwing at the same die type (d12+1). Was the deflection skill a typo or is there some game rule involving deflection that I haven't grasped yet?
Redeucer
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: super-strength as a heavy weapon in NE Reply with quote

nerdron wrote:
I have prowled back and forth thorugh the book and cannot find an answer to this one. If I take a certain amount of super-strength, can my fighting attacks function as heavy weapons, or do I need to take at least 1 level of melee attack power?

thanks!

nedron,

That is correct. There was some discussion back when about a modifier or strength level or something, but I can't remember what it was. You'll have to get that from Clint when he gets back. Sorry.

Redeucer
Darth Squirellious, Dark Rodent of the Sith!

"Mediocrity has never been so EPIC!"
- SlasherEpoch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
nerdron
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: super-strength as a heavy weapon in NE Reply with quote

redeucer wrote:

thanks!

nedron,

That is correct. There was some discussion back when about a modifier or strength level or something, but I can't remember what it was. You'll have to get that from Clint when he gets back. Sorry.[/quote]

clint is gone? what will we do?!!! Smile
when is he due back?
palehorse
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: super-strength as a heavy weapon in NE Reply with quote

nerdron wrote:

clint is gone? what will we do?!!! Smile
when is he due back?

Some time around this weekend or next Monday-ish, IIRC.
Jyass
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jyass wrote:
On page 129 of the NE hardback book, it lists 4-Star as having a d12+1 in a skill called deflection. I was intrigued by this until I realized that he had no throwing skill for his throwing stars, so I replaced the deflection skill with a throwing at the same die type (d12+1). Was the deflection skill a typo or is there some game rule involving deflection that I haven't grasped yet?

*Bump for my question*
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Cone Template with attack Ranged Reply with quote

da Wookiee wrote:

I'd roll a d6 with 1-3 being Left and 4-6 being Right. Then I'd move the end of the template 1d6" in that direction for deviation.

Not official, but what I would do. Cones are Area Effect, but the normal deviation rules don't work.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redeucer wrote:
No.

The +4 does not add for determining Backlash, only for the success of the spell. So if they borrowed 3 points and rolled a 2, the total still roll is a 6 so the spell succeeds. However, since the roll was a 2, they would also be subject to backlash.

Correct.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: super-strength as a heavy weapon in NE Reply with quote

nerdron wrote:

Officially, you need a level in melee attack. The options (and original answer) were in the Feeding Frenzy in Sharkbytes #2.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: