Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Wind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pphalen
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: West Wind Reply with quote

Shane,

I hope the West Wind "deal" only pertains to them creating miniatures!
Please, PLEASE, PLEASE don't let their "proofreaders" near any of your written work!

Also, will they be "scale compatible" with other lines, or Big 'uns like the GRW line?

Patrick
Balance
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GRW minis aren't badly scaled as far as I can tell... Maybe a bit.

Of course, most of my minis are GW, who I believe should now refer to their lines as 'uber-sooper-dooper heroic jumbo scale +3.'
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Wind is actually getting *my* help with their games. One of the deals of our arrangement.

Shane
MadTinkerer
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmph. I've always preferred the scale of the GW minis to the old(1990s) D&D/other 25mm scale minis, even before I got into Wargaming. 28mm scale makes for much sturdier and longer-lasting minis. The swords & staves on my old D&D minis would always bend at the slightest touch, but not the GW ones!

The new plastic D&D miniatures intrigue me. The Oldschool Wargamer in me screams "Plastic? PREPAINTED!?!?! RANDOMISED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!", but the GM With Not As Much Time And Money To Prepare Adventures As He'd Like says "W00t! No more messing with undercoats and washes and they're nice and cheap!". If there were plastic Pinnacle-related minis, I'd probably be more likely to buy them, but metal ones are nice for the Oldschool Wargamer in me as well.

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!
lordthrog
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the BC (Before Crash) forum in a topic about minis (I think it was concerning the Weird West minis, and if they were sold prepainted). I would LOVE to buy prepainted figures, because when I try to paint, I screw it up and think they would look better just dunked in paint ( I'll be playing the *DUNK* Yellow Army *DUNK*)

Most recently my friends and I have been playing HeroClix, and while most of the paint jobs out of the package are fine, some are not so good. We've been repainting, and also making custom Clix. We've prety much put together Clix of our Blood of Heroes characters, complete with custom dials.

Where was I going with this? I dunno, just wanted to share.

"So, what weapon should I use? I'm very proficient with the Spork, but I also swing a mean sock of Legos." - Bucky Katt
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEGShane wrote:
West Wind is actually getting *my* help with their games. One of the deals of our arrangement.

Shane

Good, they need it - there games are terrible. I'm glad you're with them as far as minis go though - I never liked Jeff Valent Studios - we should see some cool minis now!
Marc Hameleers
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What scale will the ships and miniatures be?

Also, can anyone recommend an not to expensive painting serve? perhaps Pinnacle could even make a package dela with one?

I cannot paint a mini if my life or marriage depended on it!

Marc
Conductor
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jblittlefield wrote:

Good, they need it - there games are terrible. I'm glad you're with them as far as minis go though - I never liked Jeff Valent Studios - we should see some cool minis now!

This is VERY true...although the minis themselves are excellent. Their "Gothic Horror" line is very clever, and they look great all painted up. I think that the minis we will see coming out from them will be a huge step up in quality. Plus..now that Shane is helping them out, their games might actually be playable now...
cdude93
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scale wise, West Wind figures are a bit smaller than most 28mm figs, I've got a pretty big collection of their WWII figs(that I use for wierd wars. now they're official! I love it when a plan comes together!) and they match up well with most figs. Like I said, next to larger scale stuff like GW figs or black tree's WWII's they're a bit small, but on the field it is really not a noticeable difference.

James
cdude93
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: West Wind Scale Reply with quote

Here's a link to a pic of some of my west wind germans next to a converted 40k sentinel, should give you an idea of the scale.

www.geocities.com/cdude93/pics2

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: