Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Hell on Earth Reloaded] Succor and Beast Friend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: [Hell on Earth Reloaded] Succor and Beast Friend Reply with quote

A couple questions.

1) The HoE forums brought this up but I wanted to get this over here for an official answer and possible errata for the Reloaded book. The theme of templars seems to be self-buffs outside healing (their Lay on Hands), which allows them to heal others with a touch. By definition (and all but confirmed in the Fantasy Companion and I'm pretty sure in Deluxe under the mage arcane background), succor is and always will be a healing power. So should succor be able to be cast on others? Otherwise it kinda severely limits the powers (only half the power is for removing fatigue, the other part is unshaking and waking people). If so, can we get this added to errata? maybe update to the pdf?

2) Beast Friend seems a little weird for templars. I can see it, slightly, but it seems to break the "only cast on self" restriction. from what I read, beast friend is less being able to talk to animals and more Puppet restricted only to animals. Am I a little off in wondering why Templars get this power?

Thanks ahead of time Clint! You rock!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: [Hell on Earth Reloaded] Succor and Beast Friend Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
1) The HoE forums brought this up but I wanted to get this over here for an official answer and possible errata for the Reloaded book. The theme of templars seems to be self-buffs outside healing (their Lay on Hands), which allows them to heal others with a touch. By definition (and all but confirmed in the Fantasy Companion and I'm pretty sure in Deluxe under the mage arcane background), succor is and always will be a healing power. So should succor be able to be cast on others? Otherwise it kinda severely limits the powers (only half the power is for removing fatigue, the other part is unshaking and waking people). If so, can we get this added to errata? maybe update to the pdf?

Not errata. Templars can not use Succor on others. They can heal wounds, remove disease, and counter poisons (all covered by Healing/Greater Healing), but they cannot counter hunger, thirst, cold, heat, radiation, etc. except for themselves.

That's a lot of Fatigue causing effects to be able to negate for just 1 PP, especially in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of Hell On Earth, and not something I would categorize as "half the power" compared the removing a Shaken and waking up an Incapacitated character.

MagusRogue wrote:
2) Beast Friend seems a little weird for templars. I can see it, slightly, but it seems to break the "only cast on self" restriction. from what I read, beast friend is less being able to talk to animals and more Puppet restricted only to animals. Am I a little off in wondering why Templars get this power?

Not the topic for "why" questions, but since we're already covering the other one...

Beast Friend (even using the same name) has been a staple of Templars since the very first book in the Classic system. Basically, their powers come from past heroes, and past heroes having a strong connection with animals is an influence on their own power.

Hope that clarifies.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: