Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Of Jokers and Actions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volt875
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Of Jokers and Actions Reply with quote

Hello again Clint, just a few quick questions this time. Oh and in regards to my questions about Sir Robin all I can say is DOH! apparently I never learned to read... anyway

If you get the Joker do you still have to roll Agility to interrupt like when you're on hold? By extension if I want to set against a charge and have the joker do I still have to roll to interrupt?

Also if you hold the joker over to next round you lose the +2 because it says "this round" correct?

The defend option disallows other actions but the full defense option has no such hindrance correct?

And just a quick clarification as far as action order. When your card comes up it goes 1) Declare all actions 2) Reslove all actions yes? As a side note is it ok to pull out of an action halfway through your turn? I would say yes but I am a merciful DM despite what my players may tell you ha ha.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Of Jokers and Actions Reply with quote

Volt875 wrote:
If you get the Joker do you still have to roll Agility to interrupt like when you're on hold?

Nope, the character with the Joker "can go whenever he wants in the round, even interrupting another character’s action if he wants."

Volt875 wrote:
By extension if I want to set against a charge and have the joker do I still have to roll to interrupt?

Nope, interrupting works "as usual," so a character with the Joker automatically interrupts another (unless they also have the Joker, then they would roll).

Volt875 wrote:
Also if you hold the joker over to next round you lose the +2 because it says "this round" correct?

Correct.

Volt875 wrote:
The defend option disallows other actions but the full defense option has no such hindrance correct?

Correct, though Full Defense does not allow movement at all.

Volt875 wrote:
And just a quick clarification as far as action order. When your card comes up it goes 1) Declare all actions 2) Resolve all actions yes?

Correct, though as noted, the actions can be resolved in any order. And it's up to the GM how detailed he wants those actions to be declared (from "I move here, attack with each hand, and then I'll move away" to "I move 2", attack this guy with my primary hand, then this guy with my other hand, and finally, I'll move 4" more to this position.").

Volt875 wrote:
As a side note is it ok to pull out of an action halfway through your turn? I would say yes but I am a merciful DM despite what my players may tell you ha ha.

As you noted, a GM could allow an action to not be performed after being declared (and certain things can obviously make it impossible to perform some actions after they are declared), but actions cannot typically be changed to different actions once resolution begins.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: