Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Coolsville Shoggoth Massacre
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- Continued from above --

The Physician, face off-camera, hangs up his white coat and puts on his hat. He strolls from his office, stopping to sign-out at the front desk. The nurse at the desk makes polite conversation…

Nurse: “Any progress, Doctor?”

Physician: “No, unfortunately not, my dear. I’m afraid our guests will be staying with us indefinitely.”

Nurse: “That’s a shame… well, good evening, Doctor.”

Physician: “Good evening, my dear.”

The Physician exits through the heavy, wooden, double-doors. He follows the crushed-stone path, passing through a perfectly manicured landscape, to stop at on opening in the brick wall, beneath a wrought-iron arch.

Coolsville Asylum #1eek13

A long, expensive car pulls up to the curb. The back door springs open. The Physician gets in.

His features still hidden, he addresses the driver: “Well…?”

The driver is a bear of a man, with long, stringy blond hair, and a grizzly, belly-length beard.

It’s Fozzy’s right-hand man and Heavy-Metal guitar-legend Jakk Mylde! Cool

Jakk Mylde, holding up the Necronomicon: “Got it.”

Charon Arseburne reaches from the back seat to grab the book, but the Physician, sitting next to her, snatches it before she does.

Physician: “Not so fast, my love. After all, you were a bit sloppy…”

Charon, protesting: “It’s not my fault! I’d have even raised Mighty Cthulhu if it weren’t for those meddling kids and their #u(I<n’ dog!”

The Physician removes his hat and shakes free his long, greasy, black hair.

It’s none other than Shock-Rocker, Allie Scooper! Surprised

Allie Scooper, his diabolical eyes lustfully caressing the eldritch tome: “It’s time to blow this town.”

The car speeds away from the curb.
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfr_Fate
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Ernie wrote:

Want. Need.
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- News clippings from The Coolsville Gazette --

“Music fans were disappointed on Halloween Night when they received the news: Two of the head-liners on the ’Monsters of Rock’ bill would not be performing. Both Fozzy Arseburne and Bob Zonbi were no-shows, leading attendees to flock to the ticket-windows, demanding refunds. Neither tour officials nor band management had any information regarding the stars’ conspicuous absence.

The opening act, area rockers Josie and the Pussycats, took the stage full-force. Dressed as black cats (in leather!) for the Halloween festivities, they exhibited a meaner, heavier sound, drawing the crowd back to their seats.

But it wasn’t until legendary shock-rocker Allie Scooper strutted into the spotlight, that concert officials breathed a collective sigh of relief. Scooper thrilled the audience with a state-of-the-art stage show and three hours’ worth of material, which included old favorites as well as lots of new songs from his forth-coming album…”

… and a smaller article buried on page 3…

“Local Youths Still Missing” #1eek13

-- Snippet of an article in the latest issue of Groovy magazine--

“Reasons for the recent shake-up in the ‘Monsters of Rock’ tour are finally coming to light. Fozzy Arseburne’s wife and manager, Charon, has come forward stating that her husband is taking a sabbatical for unspecified health reasons. Rumor has it that the goth-rock legend is back in rehab.

Meanwhile, news from the Zonbi camp says our favorite ghoul has found religion and embarked on a ‘spiritual journey of enlightenment’. Seeking the life of an ascetic, he’s taken a break from schlock-rock to focus on his new hobby, beet-farming.

On the flip-side, 'Mr. Nice Guy' Allie Scooper is riding high on a wave of new-found popularity. Since his epic come-back at the ‘Monsters’ gig in the tiny burg of Coolsville, it seems Scooper can do no wrong. While his career was long-thought dead, something certainly has breathed new life into it.

As an interesting side-note, Charon Arseburne, staying busy during her husband’s hiatus, has taken over management for Scooper. Also joining the band, at least for the time-being, is Fozzy’s axe-man Jakk Mylde.

Talk about a supernatural resurrection, eh, Metal fans…?”
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I was like this: Laughing

and then, I was like this: Surprised

and then I was like this: #1eek1

And now, each time a post ISN'T about who actually survived, I'm like this: #gunbattle
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Ernie wrote:

I concur with the good Prof. Fate!
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- Epilogue: Scene 3 --

Coolsville Asylum.

A small, cell-like room with padded walls.

Its back to the camera, a figure lies in the corner, curled in the fetal-position. Wrapped in a strait-jacket, it fidgets, humming a sing-song tune.

Hearing a voice behind it, the patient struggles to a sitting position, writhing like a giant, white grub…

Rob the Tomato, wide-eyed and smiling, eagerly shows-off his wicked-looking vegetable peeler: “Hey… I… I’ve got this… It… it’s a good peeler… Right?... Terry?... Right?… it’s a good peeler? “

Terry the Cucumber, chainsaw at his side, cheerily indulges his pal: “Um, sure Rob. It’s great!”

Terry starts priming the machine… pfft-pfft-pfft-pfftTwisted Evil
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, what the hell... Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Continued from above --

The chainsaw roars to life, and the Veggies advance, murder in their eyes...

Scooby-Doo looks at the camera, wide-eyed: "Ruh-Roh..."

He then breaks down, snickering: "Ree-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee..." Cool

[Cue] Scooby theme

Roll Credits
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh...

poor Velma...

In Love
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- The Secret Scene at the End of the Credits --

Night. Under the moonlight.

A pair of glasses, the frame bent, lenses cracked, lies amid the ruins of the old house.

There’s a scrabbling sound, like vermin scurrying.

Suddenly, a feminine hand, scratched and bloody, bursts forth from the debris, groping about blindly…

It finds the glasses… pausing… trembling fingers exploring…

The hand takes up the spectacles in a claw-like grip, slowly drawing them back down to disappear beneath the rubble. Cool
Averjoe
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was truly EPIC Ernie. Two thumbs and a pseudo-pod up.
Big Ups

Averjoe
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know i did get another Velma action figure (never know when you need a spare) and i could repaint it as a Gurl
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Averjoe wrote:
That was truly EPIC Ernie. Two thumbs and a pseudo-pod up.
Big Ups

Thanks, but I think I gotta roll a Sanity Check now! Surprised

Very Happy
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but...

you kilt...

Velma... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warrenss2 wrote:
but...

you kilt...

Velma... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I told you he was a bastard

He killed Velma
Pfr_Fate
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well..she could be a zombie...or she could come through it and rise from the ashes like so...

warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Ernie wrote:

- Still wanting this. I've found the images for the GM screen. Where in the world did you find the rest of the pics? My Google-foo is weak.

Have you found them yet, Prof. Fate?
(btw - because of your avatar I had to dig out and rewatch The Great Race)
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warrenss2 wrote:
- Still wanting this. I've found the images for the GM screen. Where in the world did you find the rest of the pics? My Google-foo is weak.

Try an image-search for the names of the personalities along with the terms "caricature" or "cartoon". Cool

I went for an old-school vibe with the original cartoon incarnations of the Mystery Inc. gang, so I thought cartoonish portrayals of the NPCs would be appropriate as well.

By the way, Ol' Man Smithers is based on the character "Crazy Ralph" from Friday the 13th.

I've got lots more tricks, tips, 'n' hints for running this scenario. Stay tuned... #1eek13
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to make good on my threat... er, promise, here are some notes and observations for running this scenario.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Notes: Part 1 --

This is a great scenario for a one-shot or convention game, and a slick way to recruit new players. Here’s why…

Speed: We played through this in under three hours, probably closer to two. Granted, there’s a fair amount of railroading involved, but my players expected that from a schlocky, Halloween-Horror-Movie game. Hell, they embraced it whole-heartedly and were happy to go along for the ride Cool. Also, I was able to keep things moving at a breakneck-pace, barely giving them a moment to think.

Familiarity: I passed out the Pre-gen character sheets with attached photos a few days before the game, and my players went nuts. They immediately knew who they wanted to play, snatching up the pages and imitating the voices. I used those sweet Realms of Cthulhu sheets pictured above, so my players were instantly put on-edge. The comments went from “Oh, Cool!” to “Oh, $#!+!”.They knew what they were in-for #1eek13 .
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- Notes: Part 2 --

Before I go any further, I’d like to thank Dave B. for his groovy idea posted here in his earlier thread. To tell ya’ the truth, I wasn’t too hot on the premise at first… thought it was too silly. But once I warmed up to it, well… you know. Twisted Evil

If you’re familiar with his scenario, you’ll notice some changes…

-- I updated the Guest-Stars. I certainly know and love Don Knotts and Sandy Duncan, but younger players aren’t familiar with ‘em. Gauge your audience, and adjust accordingly. I went for the Halloween vibe, with modern-ish Wink shock-rockers, and it went over splendidly.

-- I added a few more NPC’s to add some misdirection and muddy the waters. Between them and the Guest-Stars, my players didn’t know which way was up.

-- I added the introductory scenes, which went a long way toward setting the mood. It made things feel more like a campy horror flick instead of "Go There, Investigate That".

However…

-- As I stated earlier, even though they didn’t really fit-in with my take on the adventure, the Psycho-Veggies were just too much fun to leave out. Very Happy I’m glad I kept ‘em, as it was one of the most memorable scenes of the game!

Thanks again, Dave! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: