Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HOE:R] Templar Power: Succor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmartigan
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: [HOE:R] Templar Power: Succor Reply with quote

A question about templars using the power succor.

The book says this:
Quote:
Templar Powers: Simon Mercerís knights may only use their powers on themselves, with the exception of healing and greater healing.

Reading the power list, templar's have the spell succor which reads:

Quote:
Succor removes one Fatigue level, two with a raise. It can also remove a characterís Shaken status.

Succor may be used to restore consciousness to those who have been Incapacitated due to wounds as well, though the wounds remain. It does not stop bleeding or otherwise stop mortal wounds from worsening, however.

For me, that seems like the base level Lay on Hands from Classic and therefore should be able to cast it on anyone like healing and greater healing and I don't understand why it is restricted.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Savage Worlds Deluxe has this for the trappings on succor:
Quote:
Trappings: Prayer, laying on hands, curative tonic.
jodokast
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a player asked, I'd allow it.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on the why, but that sounds a lot more like the Mana power - the one that fed the Templar (and no one else). Looked at from that perspective, it makes sense for why it's not included.

Also, most sources of Fatigue are poisons, diseases, and similar effects (like radiation). Also starvation and dehydration. Only the Greater Reward for lay on hands could do anything about those.
The base "restore wind" part of the power might be akin to removing a level of Bumps & Bruises Fatigue, but not all the other conditions that now grant fatigue.
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh... i can see both points, but really succor is a healing power, and Templars get the ability to heal others with a touch, so I don't see why it's not allowed, and I'd definately allow it. Without allowing it to be cast on others, you effectively neuter half of the power: you cant cast spells on yourself when you're Shaken or unconscious due to damage, after all. Sides, as noted in the books (namely Fantasy Companion, but I think Deluxe goes over this as well under the Mage background), succor is a healing power, and this isn't Classic, after all.

I posted this as an official question to Clint in the official questions board. Hope to see some errata on this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
Also, most sources of Fatigue are poisons, diseases, and similar effects (like radiation). Also starvation and dehydration. Only the Greater Reward for lay on hands could do anything about those.
The base "restore wind" part of the power might be akin to removing a level of Bumps & Bruises Fatigue, but not all the other conditions that now grant fatigue.

Healing and Greater Healing already have the ability to remove disease and poison, so that's covered.

Wind was more like nonlethal damage in this case and the healing powers affect that too.

In short, no, Templars do not "officially" get Succor usable on others. They're powers are primarily about fighting things and being Templars, not alleviating hunger. thirst, or exposure in the world.

www.peginc.com
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, that makes alot of sense. Thanks for the clarification, Clint!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: