Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing an angel in Rippers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poohooty
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Playing an angel in Rippers Reply with quote

My GM is allowing us to play monsters in Rippers. If I play an angel would it be considered a sin to have a Rich Edge? What else would be not allowed for an angel?
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pacifist Hindrance would work well, but i think you would have to make a decision on were the monsters fit in with the religion the angel is based on...
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had an idea for a comic scenario about "HarK" the herald angel. He is only the messenger of the celestial host but wants to be a arch angel war leader. He steels an Arch angel armor suit and sword and heads to earth. Hark has no combat skills other then being immortal so when he hits the streets to defend the innocent he gets his ass kicked every time but the villains spend so much time and energy just trying to put him down temporarily that the innocent victims always have time to get away
GranFalloon
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my take on it. Use only what you like.

Angels are not God's soldiers, they are His messengers. They are powerful, but an angel stationed on Earth is probably there to provide guidance to a chosen individual or group. The Pacifist hindrance might be appropriate, if he is forbidden from directly interfering in the affairs of Man. He might deliver a sound beating on evildoers, but cannot take God's gift of Life. Against agents of Hell, however, he unleashes all the fury of Heaven.

An angel on Earth is there for a purpose, and bends all his will toward that purpose. In this case, he's probably there to ensure the group achieves some great destiny. His job is to help God's will to be worked through the acts of Man. To that end, he could have the Rich edge, but nobody ever sees his wealth. When the lodge truly needs something, it is provided.

If I were building one, I would give him the Miracles AB, and pretty much only take "buff" powers. He would fight in a support position, covering others' backs while they make glorious achievements.

Think Gandalf (seriously, he's an angel). He would lay a beating down on orcs and all, but he was there to guide Frodo and Aragorn to their destinies. Against the Balrog, however, he could really cut loose. In your case, I'd go even more blatant. Suddenly your humble little sidekick dons the Armor of God, white wings sprout from his back, and he leaps into battle with a golden flaming sword (Armor, Smite, the Champion and Holy Warrior edges).

You probably don't want to wait until the game's climax to mix it up, so feel free to kick some ass against any supernatural evil. Stats-wise, I would invest in Leadership edges, Common Bond, Miracle powers, Spirit, Strength and Vigor, with high Persuasion, Intimidate, Notice and Fighting. Build all those up quietly, so that when you successfully intimidate a demon and then slaughter it singlehandedly, jaws drop all around the table (I think demonic immunity to Fear should be lifted when facing a pissed-off angel).
poohooty
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. You guys are awesome. I planned on a pure support role with him. Thanks alot for the help Razz
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even more fun, throw in Adept. that would much simulate the stronger than human stuff, and also allow him to self-buff quickly (free action on all the buff powers).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: