Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad weather makes for good gaming!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Bad weather makes for good gaming!!! Reply with quote

This hurricane Sandy has the east coast fugazied, but if I'm shut in, I'm gaming!!!
JCDenton28
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right!

Best thing about role playing is that you need no electricity.

Some of my favorite gaming moments are by candle light on a stormy night.
Takeda
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCDenton28 wrote:
You are so right!

Some of my favorite gaming moments are by candle light on a stormy night.

I totally agree. Every time the power goes out (which is not uncommon for some reson in our area) I want to flight candles and PLAY! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sam: "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick?"
Supernatural Quotes
Lord Karick
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't even play in the summer. I find it too distracting, plus I'd rather be outside adventuring myself.
JCDenton28 wrote:

Actually, I'd be lost without my laptop. Almost all my gaming material is on there now.
JCDenton28
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I remember roleplaying with my boy scout troop at night by the campfire, rolling dice in a small box. No rulebooks, just dice, memory and imagination.

Good times.

Admittedly, I like using a laptop, but I like the ease of books and memorization.

I am new to SW, but so far I love the ease of it's ad hoc system.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takeda wrote:
Every time the power goes out (which is not uncommon for some reson in our area) I want to flight candles and PLAY! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Flying candles sounds pretty dangerous. Razz
Sean-Khan
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Karick wrote:

JCDenton28 wrote:

Actually, I'd be lost without my laptop. Almost all my gaming material is on there now.

I would also have been before, when I played D&D Twisted Evil

Shaper & Maker - modelling, gaming & a lot of other stuff
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And bad weather, no power and boardom/excitment means in 9 months a bunch of babies named Sandy
Lord Karick
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean-Khan wrote:

Normally yes, but I've recently discovered MS OneNote and I'm finding it invaluable for keeping everything at my fingertips. Normally I'm not a big corp fan, but in this case... I can create documents with links to rules text, maps, character info. It's really upped my GMing game.
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Karick wrote:
Sean-Khan wrote:

Normally yes, but I've recently discovered MS OneNote and I'm finding it invaluable for keeping everything at my fingertips. Normally I'm not a big corp fan, but in this case... I can create documents with links to rules text, maps, character info. It's really upped my GMing game.

I can't imagine trying to GM without OneNote. It's so helpful for keeping track of EVERYTHING, including all of the "Someday" game ideas I have.
Sean-Khan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerguy786 wrote:
Lord Karick wrote:
Sean-Khan wrote:

I can't imagine trying to GM without OneNote. It's so helpful for keeping track of EVERYTHING, including all of the "Someday" game ideas I have.

Well I'm using evernote too for notes but I'm trying not to be too dependent on it... I think the best way to manage a campaign plans is to scetch the main structure on a paper to get the big picture, although I prefer to have details on the computer.

But the difference between SW and D&D(4e) when it to comes to computers is that I could easily prepare and run a session of Savage Worlds even without my electric notes, but for D&D, I REALLY couldn't do without the computer - which I hated as I use computers way too much outside gaming.

Shaper & Maker - modelling, gaming & a lot of other stuff
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean-Khan wrote:
tigerguy786 wrote:
Lord Karick wrote:
Sean-Khan wrote:

Well I'm using evernote too for notes but I'm trying not to be too dependent on it... I think the best way to manage a campaign plans is to scetch the main structure on a paper to get the big picture, although I prefer to have details on the computer.

But the difference between SW and D&D(4e) when it to comes to computers is that I could easily prepare and run a session of Savage Worlds even without my electric notes, but for D&D, I REALLY couldn't do without the computer - which I hated as I use computers way too much outside gaming.

I could run SW without the computer if I had more physical books.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once ran a non-arcane core rules session without the book. Embarassed Bloody awkward when I forgot it.
I have learned that my players need my books a lot more than I do. They're useful reference, especially when I'm using an established critter or spell, but they aren't really essential for myself. Of course, then I misremember or forget something and have to dig them out again. Laughing

I find that I like putting all my session notes, including critters, into a word document and then printing a hard copy of that for use at the table. Creating the document forces me to cover everything again, including how things work and what they can do. Then having hard copy lets me scribble notes as things come up during the session.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a sort of related note, our local paper had a somewhat tongue-in-cheek editorial this morning about how hurricanes have such namby-pamby names and they need some punching up. Among the sources of inspiration suggested were the works of H.P. Lovecraft. Certainly a Hurricane Cthulhu or Hurricane Nyarlathotep would send them running to the evacuation centers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: