Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Customizing Powers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageGamerGirl wrote:
Jordan Peacock wrote:
By the way - is it just my imagination, or did the modifiers get edited? I thought that Harder Activation was a -1 earlier, but now it seems to be a -2.

You're not imagining things. I'm adjusting the OP based on input. You'll also notice that the "Harder Acquisition" modifier is gone, too.

Okay, just checking. I find my memory to be less than reliable sometimes when challenged. (This is evidenced by how much of time is spent hunting down my car keys, cell phone, etc., that "I know I put down right HERE last night, honest!" Wink )
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
The other is spirit infusion, which is really just the boost trait power, but limited to Self Only, and with Limited Effect (the GM decides that a suitable limitation would be that it can only be used on Spirit or on a Spirit-based trait, rather than ANY trait as is normally possible), in order to get some added bonus such as Extended Duration and/or Easier Activation.

This is where these customizations tend to butt heads with a GM's general preference.

My default rule is that you have to specify a trait to boost or lower when you take the power. It feels overpowered to me to have the trait boost whatever trait is most convenient at the time.

In this case, I'd make a player the Improved Effect benefit in order to make the spell affect all traits.
SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was written pre-SWD, and many powers in SWD now have a "useable on others" option that wasn't available in the original versions.

If there's interest, I'll revisit this to see what other modifiers need to change in the wake of SWD.
fanchergw
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely interested in this topic, so updates per SWD would be awesome!

Thanks, SGG,

Gordon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: