Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tricks and "next action"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GranFalloon
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Tricks and "next action" Reply with quote

I had always assumed the Parry penalty that comes with a trick lasted until the target's initiative card came up. It occurs to me that since it's his "next action," this could be interpreted to last a long time if the target is Shaken (and not taking any actions). I suspect that's not how it's intended, but does anyone run it that way? On the one hand, it feels kinda overpowered, since you could lock an enemy down pretty tight, but t only takes a benny to throw it off...
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Tricks and "next action" Reply with quote

GranFalloon wrote:
I had always assumed the Parry penalty that comes with a trick lasted until the target's initiative card came up. It occurs to me that since it's his "next action," this could be interpreted to last a long time if the target is Shaken (and not taking any actions). I suspect that's not how it's intended, but does anyone run it that way? On the one hand, it feels kinda overpowered, since you could lock an enemy down pretty tight, but t only takes a benny to throw it off...

Well, Shaken doesn't mean a character doesn't get an action, just that they may be limited in what they can do with it. As noted, "On their action, a Shaken character must attempt to recover..."

www.peginc.com
GranFalloon
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, thought I had found an exploitable loophole...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: