Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Rippers] Starting Lodge

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jonah Hex
Veteran


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 674
Location: Saskatoon, SK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: [Rippers] Starting Lodge Reply with quote

Anyone have advice for the lodge stats for starting a campaign?
_________________
Running DnD Encounters
Running GURPS Deadlands
Awaiting running Deadlands Hell on Earth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The One
Heroic


Joined: 14 May 2003
Posts: 1110

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the book says start at 1 point in everything, then give the players 5 points to distribute. Seems reasonable, and if you want the players to have access to slightly better facilities, then just up the number of points
_________________
Life: Past trends are not an indication of future performance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
VonDan
Legendary


Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 3744

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player party can only have extra points for the Lodge if they have really great ideas for an NPCs to go with each section like an Alfred or Q

Von "Just remembered I got rippers as part of the free Halloween give away and now can read it and so NEXT TIME not pull answers out my @$$" Dan
_________________
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Vondan/


Last edited by VonDan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jonah Hex
Veteran


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 674
Location: Saskatoon, SK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The One wrote:
Well the book says start at 1 point in everything, then give the players 5 points to distribute. Seems reasonable, and if you want the players to have access to slightly better facilities, then just up the number of points


Those rules are for later when a team wants to start up their own lodge (and it's 10 discretionary points). I'm talking about for the initial Plot Point where, presumably, they are initiated into an existing Lodge.
_________________
Running DnD Encounters
Running GURPS Deadlands
Awaiting running Deadlands Hell on Earth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jonah Hex
Veteran


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 674
Location: Saskatoon, SK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
The player party can only have extra points for the Lodge if they have really great ideas for an NPCs to go with each section like an Alfred or Q

Von "Just remembered I got rippers as part of the free Halloween give away and now can read it and not pull answers out my @$$" Dan


Hmm, was that you NOT pulling answers out of your @$$, because I don't remember anything like that, though it is a neat idea.
_________________
Running DnD Encounters
Running GURPS Deadlands
Awaiting running Deadlands Hell on Earth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VonDan
Legendary


Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 3744

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonah Hex wrote:
VonDan wrote:
The player party can only have extra points for the Lodge if they have really great ideas for an NPCs to go with each section like an Alfred or Q

Von "Just remembered I got rippers as part of the free Halloween give away and now can read it and not pull answers out my @$$" Dan


Hmm, was that you NOT pulling answers out of your @$$, because I don't remember anything like that, though it is a neat idea.


I have not read it yet but now NEXT TIME i might have a real technically correct answer and not just from the point of an adventure and campaign unfinished writer
_________________
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Vondan/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tigerguy786
Veteran


Joined: 26 Nov 2011
Posts: 557

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonah Hex wrote:
The One wrote:
Well the book says start at 1 point in everything, then give the players 5 points to distribute. Seems reasonable, and if you want the players to have access to slightly better facilities, then just up the number of points


Those rules are for later when a team wants to start up their own lodge (and it's 10 discretionary points). I'm talking about for the initial Plot Point where, presumably, they are initiated into an existing Lodge.


I don't recall any specific rules or guidelines, so I just put them with a "Training Lodge" and gave them a Senior Ripper leader (who died in the last adventure, but they're seasoned now, so that's OK)
_________________
TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Clint wrote:
Common sense always trumps anything pretending to be an "overarching" rule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VonDan
Legendary


Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 3744

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerguy786 wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote:
The One wrote:
Well the book says start at 1 point in everything, then give the players 5 points to distribute. Seems reasonable, and if you want the players to have access to slightly better facilities, then just up the number of points


Those rules are for later when a team wants to start up their own lodge (and it's 10 discretionary points). I'm talking about for the initial Plot Point where, presumably, they are initiated into an existing Lodge.


I don't recall any specific rules or guidelines, so I just put them with a "Training Lodge" and gave them a Senior Ripper leader (who died in the last adventure, but they're seasoned now, so that's OK)


And after they name the new Lodge expansion after the fallen leader, they should be assigned a newly promoted Senior Ripper leader who is clumbsy and unsure, his claim to fame based on one near accidental killing of a big bad.

And when they go to the Ripper Org (TM) armorer lab the couple running it are named the Archers have there baby Quincy in play pen and "Lil' Q" is making rube Goldburg devices with his blocks

And the Italian Evil Anti Ripper lodge has a house boy named Benito who will shine shoes for cheap wine and carries a switch blade in the pocket of his short pants. And he HATES Spaggeti
_________________
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Vondan/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tigerguy786
Veteran


Joined: 26 Nov 2011
Posts: 557

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
tigerguy786 wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote:
The One wrote:
Well the book says start at 1 point in everything, then give the players 5 points to distribute. Seems reasonable, and if you want the players to have access to slightly better facilities, then just up the number of points


Those rules are for later when a team wants to start up their own lodge (and it's 10 discretionary points). I'm talking about for the initial Plot Point where, presumably, they are initiated into an existing Lodge.


I don't recall any specific rules or guidelines, so I just put them with a "Training Lodge" and gave them a Senior Ripper leader (who died in the last adventure, but they're seasoned now, so that's OK)


And after they name the new Lodge expansion after the fallen leader, they should be assigned a newly promoted Senior Ripper leader who is clumbsy and unsure, his claim to fame based on one near accidental killing of a big bad.

And when they go to the Ripper Org (TM) armorer lab the couple running it are named the Archers have there baby Quincy in play pen and "Lil' Q" is making rube Goldburg devices with his blocks

And the Italian Evil Anti Ripper lodge has a house boy named Benito who will shine shoes for cheap wine and carries a switch blade in the pocket of his short pants. And he HATES Spaggeti


This is supposed to be a reference to something I'm sure of it...

And my players won't name the lodge after the fallen leader. I'm just certain they won't, and I'm giving them their own lodge and letting them pick where it is, etc. They've earned it I think. Me having nearly killed them with a wild herd of rifle wielding Kossacks and all.
_________________
TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Clint wrote:
Common sense always trumps anything pretending to be an "overarching" rule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VonDan
Legendary


Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 3744

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerguy786 wrote:


And my players won't name the lodge after the fallen leader. I'm just certain they won't, and I'm giving them their own lodge and letting them pick where it is, etc. They've earned it I think. Me having nearly killed them with a wild herd of rifle wielding Kossacks and all.


Oh then the Maid at the new Loge will secretly be an inventor and follow the team on there missions and save the day with her cast iron black powder rocket pack and an umbrella that is an electric stun rod
_________________
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Vondan/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum