Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Rippers] Starting Lodge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: [Rippers] Starting Lodge Reply with quote

Anyone have advice for the lodge stats for starting a campaign?
The One
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the book says start at 1 point in everything, then give the players 5 points to distribute. Seems reasonable, and if you want the players to have access to slightly better facilities, then just up the number of points
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player party can only have extra points for the Lodge if they have really great ideas for an NPCs to go with each section like an Alfred or Q

Von "Just remembered I got rippers as part of the free Halloween give away and now can read it and so NEXT TIME not pull answers out my @$$" Dan

Last edited by VonDan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The One wrote:
Well the book says start at 1 point in everything, then give the players 5 points to distribute. Seems reasonable, and if you want the players to have access to slightly better facilities, then just up the number of points

Those rules are for later when a team wants to start up their own lodge (and it's 10 discretionary points). I'm talking about for the initial Plot Point where, presumably, they are initiated into an existing Lodge.
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
The player party can only have extra points for the Lodge if they have really great ideas for an NPCs to go with each section like an Alfred or Q

Von "Just remembered I got rippers as part of the free Halloween give away and now can read it and not pull answers out my @$$" Dan

Hmm, was that you NOT pulling answers out of your @$$, because I don't remember anything like that, though it is a neat idea.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonah Hex wrote:
VonDan wrote:

Von "Just remembered I got rippers as part of the free Halloween give away and now can read it and not pull answers out my @$$" Dan

Hmm, was that you NOT pulling answers out of your @$$, because I don't remember anything like that, though it is a neat idea.

I have not read it yet but now NEXT TIME i might have a real technically correct answer and not just from the point of an adventure and campaign unfinished writer
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonah Hex wrote:
The One wrote:

Those rules are for later when a team wants to start up their own lodge (and it's 10 discretionary points). I'm talking about for the initial Plot Point where, presumably, they are initiated into an existing Lodge.

I don't recall any specific rules or guidelines, so I just put them with a "Training Lodge" and gave them a Senior Ripper leader (who died in the last adventure, but they're seasoned now, so that's OK)
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Clint wrote:
Common sense always trumps anything pretending to be an "overarching" rule.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerguy786 wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote:
The One wrote:

I don't recall any specific rules or guidelines, so I just put them with a "Training Lodge" and gave them a Senior Ripper leader (who died in the last adventure, but they're seasoned now, so that's OK)

And after they name the new Lodge expansion after the fallen leader, they should be assigned a newly promoted Senior Ripper leader who is clumbsy and unsure, his claim to fame based on one near accidental killing of a big bad.

And when they go to the Ripper Org (TM) armorer lab the couple running it are named the Archers have there baby Quincy in play pen and "Lil' Q" is making rube Goldburg devices with his blocks

And the Italian Evil Anti Ripper lodge has a house boy named Benito who will shine shoes for cheap wine and carries a switch blade in the pocket of his short pants. And he HATES Spaggeti
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
tigerguy786 wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote:
The One wrote:

And after they name the new Lodge expansion after the fallen leader, they should be assigned a newly promoted Senior Ripper leader who is clumbsy and unsure, his claim to fame based on one near accidental killing of a big bad.

And when they go to the Ripper Org (TM) armorer lab the couple running it are named the Archers have there baby Quincy in play pen and "Lil' Q" is making rube Goldburg devices with his blocks

And the Italian Evil Anti Ripper lodge has a house boy named Benito who will shine shoes for cheap wine and carries a switch blade in the pocket of his short pants. And he HATES Spaggeti

This is supposed to be a reference to something I'm sure of it...

And my players won't name the lodge after the fallen leader. I'm just certain they won't, and I'm giving them their own lodge and letting them pick where it is, etc. They've earned it I think. Me having nearly killed them with a wild herd of rifle wielding Kossacks and all.
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Clint wrote:
Common sense always trumps anything pretending to be an "overarching" rule.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerguy786 wrote:

And my players won't name the lodge after the fallen leader. I'm just certain they won't, and I'm giving them their own lodge and letting them pick where it is, etc. They've earned it I think. Me having nearly killed them with a wild herd of rifle wielding Kossacks and all.

Oh then the Maid at the new Loge will secretly be an inventor and follow the team on there missions and save the day with her cast iron black powder rocket pack and an umbrella that is an electric stun rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: