Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Companion Reprint Release Date?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gr3yh47
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Fantasy Companion Reprint Release Date? Reply with quote

Hey guys. Just got into savage worlds and I love it.
I've spent a total of around 8-10 hours scouring the net for the out of print fantasy companion to no avail. I really prefer physical to PDF

I saw a post from Shane in April that says you guys would be reprinting it soon. Just wondering if you have a date range in mind.

thanks so much for making such an amazing game
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the frustrating / satisfying things about dealing the PEG is that they don't give us dates.

"Hey guys! You remember that Horror Companion we've been teasing you with for three and half years? The .pdf went up for sale two hours ago and you can pre-order the physical book, which should arrive in November. Enjoy."
They don't give us many dates, but the ones they give are usually "right now" and are about as certain as anything in life can be.

But who knows? Maybe one of them will actually give you an estimate. They're willy like that. Laughing

P.S. Welcome to the forums and to Savage Worlds.
gr3yh47
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they do give a date, or release it RIGHT NOW so they can PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY lol.

I guess we'll see, thanks for the heads up not to get my hopes up (edit: although it's already too late, since the post from April made me hope it will be out really soon)
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more information than I'm generally comfortably giving out, but you can probably expect to have an answer within the next month as to when it might be available.

Will it be a "oh, that was available ten minutes ago" sort of answer? Probably not.

Gah. I feel so committed.
Lord Stone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is relevant to my interests as well XD
K.G. Carlson
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#gunbattle

Well, its a good thing I've started my Deadlands campaign so I can wait another month Smile

I like having pdf AND print, but searching pdfs during the game is not my preferred method of tracking down those pesky magic item tables.

So the news that I might be able to get my mitts on a hardcopy of the Fantasy book before I run SW Fantasy again is awesome.

*fingers crossed*
Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has it been established if that would be a strait reprint, or a Deluxe Update along with the reprint?

d= r x t
Cryonic
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEG doesn't really answer questions like these with anything like a straight answer for a good reason.

Savage Worlds Tales: http://www.daemonstorm.com/category/Categories/Role-playing/Savage-Worlds
K.G. Carlson
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffrywith1e wrote:
has it been established if that would be a strait reprint, or a Deluxe Update along with the reprint?

What I really like about the Deluxe version is that I am at a loss to see how the changes made in the core rulebook have any effect on the support books.

The major changes were the way damage is handled, the chase rules and...I know I'm overlooking something. But anyway, the changes all seem to be internal to the flow of the core rules. There are no real changes to game mechanics that ripple outward, say for instance the difference in monster stats from D&D 2nd - 3rd -4th edition. The Fantasy Companion seems to be plug and play with either the Explorers or the Deluxe rules.
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.G. Carlson wrote:
Jeffrywith1e wrote:

What I really like about the Deluxe version is that I am at a loss to see how the changes made in the core rulebook have any effect on the support books.

The major changes were the way damage is handled, the chase rules and...I know I'm overlooking something. But anyway, the changes all seem to be internal to the flow of the core rules. There are no real changes to game mechanics that ripple outward, say for instance the difference in monster stats from D&D 2nd - 3rd -4th edition. The Fantasy Companion seems to be plug and play with either the Explorers or the Deluxe rules.

Some of the powers have changed. Considering almost all of the new powers have been included in SWD, I'd like to see that section replaced with new material and possibly the old magic item creation Edges and cost table.
Raise Calculator
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
Gah. I feel so committed.

This is what happens when you use an objective unit of time measurement. Next time, you could replace month with Glorbaks, or another nonsense word. Very Happy Laughing It might be perceived as less customer-friendly though.

Jeffrywith1e wrote:
a Deluxe Update along with the reprint?

K.G.C. is essentially correct. The majority of the book is as useful for Deluxe (or Deluxe: Explorer's Edition) as it was for Explorer's Edition. The races, magic items, siege rules, monster stats, and campaign advice are all just as relevant. The powers section is less relevant (most of the new powers were translated into Deluxe, but not all) but still useful for those things that weren't "new powers".
That said, the rumor is a deluxe update. Which fits with the usual Pinnacle quality - they may not put things out quickly, but their stuff is amazingly good.
K.G. Carlson
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note, for those of us who purchased the pre-Deluxe Fantasy Companion pdf be able to get the updated pdf or will the new pdf require re-purchase?
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
This is more information than I'm generally comfortably giving out, but you can probably expect to have an answer within the next month as to when it might be available.

Please, fix those random tables Wink
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=251152&highlight=fantasy+companion+errata#251152

Proud creator of the SAVAGE FREE BESTIARY
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Lance wrote:
jpk wrote:

Please, fix those random tables

Only because you asked so nicely, consider it done. Wink
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and you can expect to see the new printing 1Q2013.

Surprised

That's far, far more concrete information than I tend to be comfortable passing out, so additional questions will have to wait. I may be woozy, and might be best off with a nap of an indeterminate period.
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
Lord Lance wrote:
jpk wrote:

Please, fix those random tables

Only because you asked so nicely, consider it done. Wink

Any chance we can get the updated PDF sooner? I'd like to update the Loot Generator according to the adjusted tables.
Raise Calculator
Preatori0us
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your answers. I try to use them at work whenever possible. It's fun to watch people's faces.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preatori0us wrote:
I love your answers. I try to use them at work whenever possible. It's fun to watch people's faces.

As much fun as "if I'm wrong on that, you must be an idiot to believe anything I say" is to provide as a response, I suggest against its overuse.
Preatori0us
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, but I work with the public so sometimes I just can't help myself.
AmbersKnight
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given to understand that the fantasy Companion re-print would be out by end of january, which has come and gone and no book is out. I am hoping it wont be too much longer as I do want the Fantasy Companion I'm just not prepared to pay through the nose for it 2nd hand (there is even someone selling a copy for the ridiculous price of $999.99)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: