Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Classic] How The Queen of Spades kills her victims?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Burned Man
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: [Classic] How The Queen of Spades kills her victims? Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm new on the forum and kinda new to the game (Been Marshaling for about 4 months). A friend of mine gave me his entire Deadlands collection for my birthday and I fell in love with the system.
Going straight for the topic, the "A Cut Above" article from the fourth Epitaph seems like a great idea for my current session (And to sate my power hungry huckster player, because so far his backlashes weren't so severe so I want to teach him what happens when he plays with fire Twisted Evil ) So anybody knows how The Queen of Spades kills a huckster? Does he just drop dead? Or a giant spade impales him? Or he explodes? Or I just have to get as imaginative as possible?
Also does the dead huckster has any chances of returning harrowed? Or his soul is condemned to be a Suicide King without a chance?

On a side note: In Marbh's backlash who dies? The target of the hex, the huckster or the person who had his lifetime reduced?

Thank you for your answers and excuse my english, it's not the best.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

How the Queen kills the Huckster is up to the Marshal. I'd rule that he's really dead, and cannot become Harrowed since he's busy becoming a Suicide King (that seems to be the intent), but that's up to the individual Marshal. Remember that any death that destroys the brain will automatically prevent the character from coming back Harrowed.

Marbh, presumably, instantly ages the person to death, rather than simply taking 1 year. That's the kind of thing that is creepy enough to raise the fear level by 1.

Have fun, and good luck Marshal.
The Burned Man
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. When I first read Marbh's backlash description I was a bit confused, but I think it makes sense to kill the same guy it ages.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: [Classic] How The Queen of Spades kills her victims? Reply with quote

The Burned Man wrote:
...Or a giant spade impales him? ...

Hahahaha!
Smacks him with a shovel? Laughing

SteveN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: