Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chases - Missed driving check and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhilahd
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Chases - Missed driving check and more Reply with quote

Ok, I saw a post below that addressed this but I can't reply to that post so....

Last night saw our part two of my 3 part Moscow Connection game. This was the adventure Crime City: The Chase.

It went good, but I struggled with alot of things. It was my first time running the chase mechanics. I made a few off the cuff calls, but for the most part my group loved the quickness of the chase and how much action they could do.

Things that tripped me up:
Missed drive checks. Players and NPC's not making their rolls.
Do they just stay where they were in the previous round?

The party had set it up where the truck with "the package" was on point, and the SUV ran interference. If the truck didn't make it's roll, does it fall behind?

I often had the motorcycles who succeeded speed past the SUV and harass the "the package"

When a person is making an attack is it still based upon what weapon they use?
As in range/melee?
I had the character "The Bull" in the SUV and they had pulled up next one of the motorcycles and he wanted to bash the driver with his bat.

I told him sure, make a melee attack vs their parry at a -2 to your die roll(unsteady platform).
Is that right? Or do I need to add/subtract modifiers?

Same thing with range attacks. Standard TN 4, with the Unsteady Platform -2 and then range adjustments. Is that right?

When running groups(I ran the motorcycles in groups of 2), if one is taken out do you take out the entire group? Or keep it with 1 extra?
We had several rolls where the damage to the extra was so great I ruled it wiped out the other extra as well or caused neg. modifiers for the next round.

I know I have more... just can't think of them at the moment. Not enough caffeine in my system.

Thanks
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Chases - Missed driving check and more Reply with quote

jhilahd wrote:
Things that tripped me up:
Missed drive checks. Players and NPC's not making their rolls.
Do they just stay where they were in the previous round?

Maneuvering rolls just determine relative position for purposes of being affect others in the chase; no one ever just "stays" where they are.

jhilahd wrote:
The party had set it up where the truck with "the package" was on point, and the SUV ran interference. If the truck didn't make it's roll, does it fall behind?

As per above, nope. The Chase rules are abstract, so position is irrelevant except as noted by the results of the maneuvering Trait roll and how that result is described in play.

jhilahd wrote:
When a person is making an attack is it still based upon what weapon they use?
As in range/melee?

Modifiers and the ability (or not) to attack in melee are determined by the card draw and result on the "Attack Range & Complications Tables."

jhilahd wrote:
I had the character "The Bull" in the SUV and they had pulled up next one of the motorcycle and he wanted to bash the driver with his bat.

I told him sure, make a melee attack vs their parry at a -2 to your die roll(unsteady platform).
Is that right? Or do I need to add/subtract modifiers?

As long as he had a King or better to be able to make a melee attack in the first place, there wouldn't be any other modifiers other than the -2 for Unstable Platform.

jhilahd wrote:
Same thing with range attacks. Standard TN 4, with the Unsteady Platform -2 and then range adjustments. Is that right?

Correct (as long as they also have Advantage to be able to attack in the first place).

jhilahd wrote:
When running groups(I ran the motorcycles in groups of 2), if one is taken out do you take out the entire group? Or keep it with 1 extra?

They only make one maneuvering roll, but they still count as individual characters otherwise for attacks and taking damage. So one damage roll can only take out one member of the group.

Hope that helps!

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: