Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[GRAmel]Nemezis questions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: [GRAmel]Nemezis questions Reply with quote

Because of some serious problems I have with internet connection and availability, I have a big request - if you ask any question about Nemezis, please put it in this thread and, if it is possible - send me a PM that something needs answering. I try to answer as soon as it is possible, but please - be gentle if I won`t answer ASAP. Thanks in advance Smile

Answers will also be given by Erpegis, who was Nemezis translator.

Last edited by Piotr Korys on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
pneumonica
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Originally posted in the other thread, but transferred here per request.)

Question - is this the same soundtrack as was once available on DriveThruRPG but now is not? The track list names are identical, but has the music changed? (Better mixing, higher def, or what?)

For the record, I got that one, and it was awesome.

I am very much looking forward to this game (alas, a technical difficulty keeps me from enjoying it at the moment). I've always been a fan of the transhumanist/transcendentalist fiction, and quite often in adventure gaming this includes kicking Cthulhu's butt (let's face it - he couldn't take a derelict ocean trawler to the face, what's he got against a particle beam?).

EDIT: Okay, the completist in me does have to point out one gripe with the soundtrack - the tracks are short. I would've preferred longer tracks to sustain the feel, since gaming tends to take a while and I'd like to play these as BGM. Not a major issue, though.
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same OST. And sorry that
pneumonica
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I won't bother redownloading, then.

And no apologies needed. Like I say, it's a minor gripe. However, I thought I'd point it out for future reference.
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Smile
Wilborg
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: [Nemezis] Mnemonic Courier Reply with quote

Hi there,

i have some questions about the Mnemonic Courier edge.

1.) Is it possible to reduce a skill from d4 to unskilled and gain a skill point to distribute it to other skills or is d4 the minimum skill value in this case?
Example: Driving d4, Notice d4, Survival d4, Climbing d4. Reduce Driving, Notice and Survival to unskilled and gain three skill points to increase Climbing to d10.

2.) If a character doesn't have a skill at all (unskilled attempts) can he increase this skill with this edge?
Example: Persuasion d10, Stealth unskilled. Reduce Persuasion to d4 and gain three skill points to increase Stealth to d8.

3.) Increasing skills above the linked attribute costs two skill points. What about the cost when using the Mnemonic Courier edge? Does the character get two points to distribute for reducing one die type if the skill is bought above the linked attribute during character creation?
Example: Agility d4. Shooting d8, Fighting d4. Shooting costs 5 skill points during character creation, because it's two die types above Agility. Reducing it by one die type gain one or two skill levels? And if the characters wants to increase Fighting above linked Agility d4, what about the skill level cost?

I hope my questions are clearly explained, because i am not a native spreaker.

best regards
Wilborg
Erpegis
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad 1. - No, you can't reduce a skill below d4.
Ad 2. - Yes, you can increase an untrained skill.
Ad 3. - No, the cost is irrelevant, your only concern is the skill level.
Judge Holden
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: SPOILERS ** SECRETS OF IMMORTALITY ** Reply with quote

Great Book! I'm reading this thing like I'm reading a novel. There is so much interesting background. I have two questions.

1) Faster Than Light travel. Cool on hand waving the science behind it, I'm assuming a sort of 'Ancient Humans' figured it out so we don't worry about it type of thing. But physically I'm not sure if I found anywhere if you touched on space time dilation? I can swing my imagination any way you want me to, but I don't want to make an assumption based on current scientific predictions and find out I'm just making an assumption.

So my question: do you get younger as you travel faster than light speed? It seems to me that only ships with a 'nova drive' move at warp speed while others move at multipliers of light speed.

SPOILERS ** SECRETS OF IMMORTALITY **
2) There are many hints at a kind of digital Immortality. "Vast soul databases for resurrections" is mentioned on pg 74. I was wondering if there were any expansions on this idea that I might have missed? "...the powerful database
hidden below Ash’s surface swallows the tasty memories of people arriving on Ash..." pg 85 this seems to indicate that it's easy to just scan a person and be able to capture their memories?

So my question: how difficult is it to scan a persons memories and how much of this is a secret to the player characters?

- Dave Foley
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are glad that you like the book Smile Thanks.

As for your questions:

1. We didn`t think about it, but now, I think - no. You don`t get much older, but you don`t go back in time as well.

2. It is a plot device, so each GM can use it as he want it. If you want it very easy - do it. About secret - it shouldn`t be known, so I`d keep it secret. But, again - it is a plot device, so use it as you want it.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This must have sneaked in under my radar, is this available in dead tree? And I assume the music is only available in digital or am I wrong? I may have see how my finances are in the new year and grab both after I get a new computer or my tower fixed again.
Erpegis
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this moment Nemezis is available only in pdf, through online stores - though it might be published in print in the future. Music is also available only as a download.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I have Beasts and Barbarians Golden Edition in Print. If I can get it in print through Amazon I may do that.
Compost
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Questions mostly on Psionics Reply with quote

A few questions mostly about psionics:
1- The “Steel Fortress” edge (p. 34) lists “Open-minded” as a prerequisite. I can’t find it anywhere. Where and what is it?

2- Psychic coordinators (p. 34) have the ability to use their psionic powers on multiple subordinates in their range of command. What is this range of command? Do you have to have the command edge to do this? There is also only one power in the school list which seems appropriate for this, far-sight, which seems odd (see question 6). Or can healing and greater healing be used at “range of command” instead of touch only?

3- Page 61 refers to “Destroy Consciousness (a Heroic Power),” where and what is this power?

4- (p. 61) “Using some Powers, particularly malicious ones, requires victory in an opposed roll. The details are described below for each Power.” These details appear to be missing. Should both these sentences should be removed/ignored?

5- (p. 61) “failure on a Psionics test causes one level of Fatigue.” For an opposed check, does the psionicist suffer a fatigue level if they roll a 4+ and still fail the opposed check?

6- Page 61 says “The list of available Powers depends on your psionic school.” “Destroy Consciousness (a Heroic Power),” is not in any of the schools’ lists. Chapter 4 also refers to energokineticists and pyrokineticists (p. 59) whose powers do not seem to be reflected in any of the given schools. Are there Schools missing or powers missing from lists? Or can a character select any power with a New Power edge?

> (p.61) Might be better to reverse the order of the following sentences. “The list of available Powers depends on your psionic school. A beginning character knows only the basic Powers, and can receive more only after selecting an appropriate Edge. “

> Chapter 2 section bookmarks are missing.

> Chapter 4 bookmark is missing. The section bookmarks are in proper order but under chapter 3.

> From the Nemezis Pregenerated Characters, Jerome Black appears to be missing the free power from his psychic cop edge.
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Questions mostly on Psionics Reply with quote

Quote:
A few questions mostly about psionics:
1- The “Steel Fortress” edge (p. 34) lists “Open-minded” as a prerequisite. I can’t find it anywhere. Where and what is it?

It is not important now, we have removed it.

Quote:
2- Psychic coordinators (p. 34) have the ability to use their psionic powers on multiple subordinates in their range of command. What is this range of command? Do you have to have the command edge to do this? There is also only one power in the school list which seems appropriate for this, far-sight, which seems odd (see question 6). Or can healing and greater healing be used at “range of command” instead of touch only?

You don`t have to take the Command Edge to use it, but the range is determined by it and it is 5 inches, as far as I remember. Yes, they can be used at range of command.

Quote:
3- Page 61 refers to “Destroy Consciousness (a Heroic Power),” where and what is this power?

As with the 1st one. Removed.

Quote:
4- (p. 61) “Using some Powers, particularly malicious ones, requires victory in an opposed roll. The details are described below for each Power.” These details appear to be missing. Should both these sentences should be removed/ignored?

Ignored, we have made the change in the last moment and it we missed that one.

Quote:
5- (p. 61) “failure on a Psionics test causes one level of Fatigue.” For an opposed check, does the psionicist suffer a fatigue level if they roll a 4+ and still fail the opposed check?

Yes.

Quote:
6- Page 61 says “The list of available Powers depends on your psionic school.” “Destroy Consciousness (a Heroic Power),” is not in any of the schools’ lists. Chapter 4 also refers to energokineticists and pyrokineticists (p. 59) whose powers do not seem to be reflected in any of the given schools. Are there Schools missing or powers missing from lists? Or can a character select any power with a New Power edge?

Those are additional rules that can be used - rules for that can be found in SWD main rulebook.

Quote:

> Chapter 2 section bookmarks are missing.

> Chapter 4 bookmark is missing. The section bookmarks are in proper order but under chapter 3.

> From the Nemezis Pregenerated Characters, Jerome Black appears to be missing the free power from his psychic cop edge.
[/quote]

Noted, thanks!
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently got this book and really really digging it. Just got this book and got a couple questions, and not sure if these have been answered already:

1) I assume since this came out well after Deluxe, this book is Deluxe? If so, question: Does Ace in the Hole stack with Elan, or override it? They seem to do the same, with the issue that Ace's text mentions only whe surviving. If these do stack, when does Ace come into play? What counts as trying to survive? Do you mean Vigor rolls to avoid dying? Resisting poison? Or is this just a reskin of Elan?

2) I assume that you can still get the Power Points Edges for psionics IN ADDITION TO the extra PP granted by learning a psionic college? Also kinda a sad panda that Succor wasn't included as a choosable power for the colleges (would have fit in with the Coordinator since that college seems to be a healy class), but maybe we'll see new colleges in future supplements?

3) Speaking of psionics, do we use New Power Edges to get powers, or do you get access to all powers of a college? the college edge says to take one power and +5 PP, but then in the actual Psionics chapter, it says you can use any power, but if its a power higher than your Rank, you suffer penalties, implying... what, we get access to ALL powers? Furthermore, you mention rules for pyrokineticists and electrokineticists, and said refer to SWD. I do assume this means using the Trappings sections in Powers?

4) Speaking of new supplements, we got any new supplements coming out? Could easily see a Companion book with extra weapons, psionic colleges/powers, and rules for mechs (since we just got more power armor in the main book).

5) Also, most monsters seem to be lacking descriptions. This is ok for most as they have pictures (although alot of the pics don't jive when compared to what little description we get, but, hey, artistic interpretation!), but some monsters like the Energy Vampire, Skags (i think i spelled that right) and Landsharks have NO descriptions at all, and only one piece of art on the page (i assume the red spagethi is an energy vamp?). Are we missing some art or text or both? Hard to imagine the description-less monsters just based on their stats.

6) Psionic Coordinators can use Leadership Edges up to 10". How does this stack with the Leadership edge from SWD that upps your command radius to 10"? Also, their powers allow them to spend PP to use their powers on multiple people, but alot of powers in SWD were upgraded to do the same. I assume the benefit is allowing other powers such as Healing to affect multiple people, and being able to affect more than 5 people if you have the PP to spare?

Really, my only complaints and confusions. Otherwise, REALLY cool dark sci fi setting you guys got here!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Erpegis
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
I just recently got this book and really really digging it. Just got this book and got a couple questions, and not sure if these have been answered already:

1) I assume since this came out well after Deluxe, this book is Deluxe? If so, question: Does Ace in the Hole stack with Elan, or override it? They seem to do the same, with the issue that Ace's text mentions only whe surviving. If these do stack, when does Ace come into play? What counts as trying to survive? Do you mean Vigor rolls to avoid dying? Resisting poison? Or is this just a reskin of Elan?

The English version was intended to be Deluxe-compatible. Ace in the Hole should stack with Elan as such. In my opinion, add +2 (so +4 with Elan) whenever you roll to save your character's life - to Vigor rolls to resist dying, to resist poison, but also to Survival to gather food or to Swimming so as not to drown in storm. It's this one least desperate attempt to survive.

Quote:
2) I assume that you can still get the Power Points Edges for psionics IN ADDITION TO the extra PP granted by learning a psionic college? Also kinda a sad panda that Succor wasn't included as a choosable power for the colleges (would have fit in with the Coordinator since that college seems to be a healy class), but maybe we'll see new colleges in future supplements?

An untrained Psionicist starts with 10 PP, and gains 5 PP with a psionic school, and can still choose Power Points Edge. As for succor, we usually think the coordinator to be a, well, commander rather than combat medic (though he can certainly aid his men in a need). Perhaps it'd fit the Psychic Cop better.

Quote:
3) Speaking of psionics, do we use New Power Edges to get powers, or do you get access to all powers of a college? the college edge says to take one power and +5 PP, but then in the actual Psionics chapter, it says you can use any power, but if its a power higher than your Rank, you suffer penalties, implying... what, we get access to ALL powers? Furthermore, you mention rules for pyrokineticists and electrokineticists, and said refer to SWD. I do assume this means using the Trappings sections in Powers?

Yes, you receive one power from School Edges - but it needs not to be tied to your Rank. You can pick greater healing as a Novice Commander, but you'll have a -4 penalty.
Also, feel free to customize your powers - your bolt might be psycho- or electrokinetic in nature.

Quote:
4) Speaking of new supplements, we got any new supplements coming out? Could easily see a Companion book with extra weapons, psionic colleges/powers, and rules for mechs (since we just got more power armor in the main book).

I'm not entirely sure about that, we've released some materials from the first Polish companion as pdfs, and included it in the main book, and more will follow (a short campaign is being playtested). Piotr would be the ultimate judge of what'll be out or not Smile

Quote:
5) Also, most monsters seem to be lacking descriptions. This is ok for most as they have pictures (although alot of the pics don't jive when compared to what little description we get, but, hey, artistic interpretation!), but some monsters like the Energy Vampire, Skags (i think i spelled that right) and Landsharks have NO descriptions at all, and only one piece of art on the page (i assume the red spagethi is an energy vamp?). Are we missing some art or text or both? Hard to imagine the description-less monsters just based on their stats.

The monsters you speak of have been taken from the companion; sadly, the original edition offers little more explanation. (the red tangled thing is indeed the energy vampire). The Landshark should resemble an armored shark, while a Scab is a hyena-reptilian "plague dog".

Quote:
6) Psionic Coordinators can use Leadership Edges up to 10". How does this stack with the Leadership edge from SWD that upps your command radius to 10"? Also, their powers allow them to spend PP to use their powers on multiple people, but alot of powers in SWD were upgraded to do the same. I assume the benefit is allowing other powers such as Healing to affect multiple people, and being able to affect more than 5 people if you have the PP to spare?

Aura of Obedience should not stack with Command Presence, a character should have only one of these. And yes, you can use all known powers on multiple allies in the range, including armor and healing not just fly, environmental protection or smite.

Quote:
Really, my only complaints and confusions. Otherwise, REALLY cool dark sci fi setting you guys got here!

Hey thanks![/quote]
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, alot of that was posted from work where I didn't have access to the book, so I had to go off memory. so yeah I meant Aura of Obedience and Scabs. Smile Thanks for figuring out what i meant!

And no problem! Like I said, great book, and I do muchly look forward to more in the future!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wilborg
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: [Nemezis] WEB OF INTRIGUE - NPC Ramirez Nigan Reply with quote

I have a question about the write-up of the NPC Ramirez Nigan on page 18 of the adventure "Web of Intrigue". One of his Powers is "wounding" but i cannot find this Cultist Power in the Nemezis Settingbook. How does it work? Where could i find this power description?
Erpegis
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: [Nemezis] WEB OF INTRIGUE - NPC Ramirez Nigan Reply with quote

Wilborg wrote:
I have a question about the write-up of the NPC Ramirez Nigan on page 18 of the adventure "Web of Intrigue". One of his Powers is "wounding" but i cannot find this Cultist Power in the Nemezis Settingbook. How does it work? Where could i find this power description?

It's not found in the English version, perhaps because it was essentially a variant of bolt.

Treat Ramirez and any other cultist with that power as if he had bolt power instead, with variants like open wounds, diseases or choking on blood rather than any actual missiles. Thanks for spotting that one out!
Wilborg
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: [Nemezis] Price and Availability of Equipment Reply with quote

Hi there,

i don't understand the cost balancing of this setting at some points.

First: For example, the Spacesuit Armor (Nemezis page 39/40) has an integrated Standard Energy Shield. I assume that this means an "Energy Shield - Force Field: Standard" and not a Deflector. The Spacesuit costs $200 and has an Availability B. The Force Field: Standard in the stand-alone version costs $1000 with an Availability B. Why a character should buy an expensive Force Field when she is able get the same device integrated (as a belt as described in Nemezis page 43) in a Spacesuit. The two devices are obviously only different in look, weight and build. A smart character could buy a Spacesuit and gets a Standard Force Field cut out off the suit for only 20% the price at the same availability.

Second: The cost and availability of modern handguns (SWD) and plasma weapons (Nemezis) are the same. Is there any reason why a character should buy a Colt Dragon (SWD page 54) and not a Plasma Pistol (Nemezis page 39) for $200 and with an Availability B?

best regards
Wilborg

Last edited by Wilborg on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: