Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Interface Zero] Hacking 2.0 questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fenriswolf
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: [Interface Zero] Hacking 2.0 questions Reply with quote

I recently picked up the Hacking 2.0 PDF largely because of the recommendations online. How do these rules overrule the ones from the main book? Do they supersede particular ones or the whole hacking section? How does Ghosting work with the addition of the Hyper Glove? Is there anything I need to know to integrate the updated rules smoothly?
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: [Interface Zero] Hacking 2.0 questions Reply with quote

fenriswolf wrote:
I recently picked up the Hacking 2.0 PDF largely because of the recommendations online. How do these rules overrule the ones from the main book? Do they supersede particular ones or the whole hacking section? How does Ghosting work with the addition of the Hyper Glove? Is there anything I need to know to integrate the updated rules smoothly?

Hacking 2.0 overrules all of the rules in The first edition of Interface Zero. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "how," though. They just do.

Ghosting is no longer possible with the new rules.

Too many people found it hard to wrap their heads around, so I changed it.

If you're happy with the original rules, then keep them. Those are still just fine, in my opinion. I made the changes ot streamline everything.
fenriswolf
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't sure if it was a complete rules replacement or simply superseded particular parts. Thanks for the quick reply and clarification.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fenriswolf wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't sure if it was a complete rules replacement or simply superseded particular parts. Thanks for the quick reply and clarification.

Keep any eye out for the final update to Hacking 2.0.

We're adding the advanced rules which will allow you to create avatars, and go completely virtual. Powers are treated as programs, and edges are given a "virtual" transfer. How each transfers into a digital environment is explained.
fenriswolf
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I will definitely keep my eyes out for it.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may just wait for the revamp of the whole system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: