Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Roseburner] Savage Worlds Dice Roller for iOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarlH
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: [Roseburner] Savage Worlds Dice Roller for iOS Reply with quote

Hey all,
I created an iPhone/iPad Dice Roller for Savage Worlds. It's pretty slick if I do say so myself. It's designed to roll both Trait and damage rolls. It has a bunch of modifications it can track as well, including wounds and combat options. It was designed from what I had added in the Android beta of Savage Worlds Combat Tracker. If you have an Android you can get that here.

For the players, it's an easy way to manage your characters health and see what combat maneuvers are available. For immersion, there is even an option to have the dice rolling sounds as well as a human(like) voice telling everyone at the table what your result was.

GM's get all the above but I have found it works very well when you need to roll quickly for the waves of Extras you throw at your players. It keeps in line being fast, furious, and fun.

Find the app here.

Bonus - Here are a few first-come first-serve codes that will get you copy.

L7TFE69JH79K
W9APE6XXYMRP
3LKTN9Y3HTP9
JP344AERLTMH
WJ66MKWMHRMP
@roseburner1
Crossroads
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty neat, thanks!

I did noticed that on trait rolls the Voice Result doesn't work unless you also have the dice rolling sound on.

~G
sablemage
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

Question: Is there a way to roll multiple trait dice and one wild die, say for the Bolt power or autofire? I haven't found it yet.

Suggestion for improvement: It would be cool to have initiative card draw as well.

My gut feeling is that this is aimed at the player rather than the GM, yes?
Dahak
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the promo code. I used WJ66MKWMHRMP.

Are you unable to support earlier versions of iOS for code reasons or did you just turn a flag off in Xcode? I can run this on my iPad, but my third generation iPod touch can't update to iOS6 (nor would anyone be able to that has an original iPad).
CarlH
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossroads wrote:
That's pretty neat, thanks!

I did noticed that on trait rolls the Voice Result doesn't work unless you also have the dice rolling sound on.

~G

Yup. Saw that bug myself during last nights game. It's a real easy fix but Apple takes its time getting app updates cleared for the App Store so I suspect you will see an update in about two weeks.

Thanks for the heads up.
@roseburner1
CarlH
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sablemage wrote:
Nice!

Question: Is there a way to roll multiple trait dice and one wild die, say for the Bolt power or autofire? I haven't found it yet.

Suggestion for improvement: It would be cool to have initiative card draw as well.

My gut feeling is that this is aimed at the player rather than the GM, yes?

There is no way to do that right now. I need to figure out a slick way to do multiple rolls. I feel your pain. My gunman for the Cali cartel has Rock and Roll and I use automatic fire a lot. What I do right now is turn off using the wild die, and then roll a d6 for the wild die. Then, with the wild die off, roll my shooting dice.

Initiative card draw would be hard as the cards come from one stack. Without the app being networked for all the players or having the GM just holding everyone's cards, it wouldn't work that great. This is something I am still looking at though.

The player will get more benefit from the mods that is for sure. And from the wound tracking. However, like I mentioned the GM can rapidly roll lots of dice for the extras when their initiate card comes up without having the chance of any physical dice fly off the table.
@roseburner1
CarlH
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahak wrote:
Thanks for the promo code. I used WJ66MKWMHRMP.

Are you unable to support earlier versions of iOS for code reasons or did you just turn a flag off in Xcode? I can run this on my iPad, but my third generation iPod touch can't update to iOS6 (nor would anyone be able to that has an original iPad).

Yeah this is a downer. I've got the same problem with my own iPod. Unfortunately this is due to how the new computers (phones and tablets) are being treated as they age. If this app was on a PC, Mac, or Linux then I, as a developer, could support real old machines. But the mobile manufacturers of the OS's are designing the hardware and especially the software such that they expect, for good or bad, people will be upgrading their devices every three years or so.

For Apple tech, the devices just get phased out after three years or so. But some libraries (someone else's code) have to maintain the latest OS so developers get dragged along. Android devices can be even worse. You typically get the situation where the Android phone you just bought doesn't have the latest OS and maybe never will. Apple products that can be upgraded, do get upgraded. Android device manufacturers may or may not support an upgrade. So, as a developer the whole scene is stormy sea we have to navigate.

In my opinion mobile tech just came out of its infancy and has become a toddler now. Eventually this sort of growing pain will fade and developers will have an easier time maintaining support for older devices.
@roseburner1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: