Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Beasts and Barbarians] Bound powerpoints from Lotuspotions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archmage
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: [Beasts and Barbarians] Bound powerpoints from Lotuspotions Reply with quote

A player brought this up, when a Lotusmaster creates a potion the spent PP are bound in the potion until it is used. Why in hell would a Lotusmaster sell potions? He doesn`t know when those will be used and he gets his PP back, especially since the potions last idefinitly. You could go around buy potions like there is no tomorrow (assuming you have the money) and cripple the Lotusmasters of the Dominions.
Is this intended? I understand that this is necessary to level Lotusmastery with the other AB`s. But if I where a Lotusmaster I wouldn`t sell my potions.
kaltorak
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason of this thing is a balancing issue:
1)We don't want PC Lotusmasters create infinite potions.
2)We don't want PG Lotusmasters become incredibly rich selling low-budget potions (this spoiling the game setting too).
So yes, if you are a Lotusmaster you probably won't sell your concoction, if made with your PP.

For this reasons potions sold by Lotusmasters are usually created using Refined Lotus (see Gear), which are "extra, one shot Power Points". In this manner the Lotusmaster can sleep well without losing his precious PP. This justify the rarity and cost of sold potions.

This is also realistic background-wise: the Lotusmaster keeps his best, personal-grown, rarer components for himself and his close friends, he sells potions to strangers made with pieces of common Lotus he bought or obtained somewhere. In this manner his secrets are safe, in case a rival Lotusmaster puts his hands on the potion and try to devise the recipe...
Archmage
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I totally overlooked the refined Lotus. That sets everything right, thx for the quick answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: