Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Beasts and Barbarians) New Edge/Ability for Slavers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archmage
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: [Beasts and Barbarians) New Edge/Ability for Slavers Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am writing the next adventure for my group (will be coming up after we complete Death of a Tyrant). I intend to have a group af Slavers as main adversaries, I looked through the book and thought I just take the stats for the Bandits and exchange the Ambush ability with something more suitable for a Slaver:

Lash of the whip

A Slaver wielding a whip can make an Intimidation roll against a large number of people. When he uses this ability he places a medium Burst template adjacent to himself, everybody under the template must resist against the Intimidation roll of the Slaver.

And then the Edge...

Former Slaver

Prerequisites : Seasoned, Intimidation D8+, Spirit D6+, Whip (only for using the edge not choosing it)

Years as a Slaver have taught you the method to effectivly control large groups of people with your whip.
As long as the character wields a Whip he can make an Intimidation roll against a larger group of people. Place a medium Burst template adjacent to you character and make an Intimidation roll, everybody under the Template must make a Spirit roll to resist.

If I remember correctly this very similiar to the Warcry ability from Evernight.

What do you think?
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it

Would the user get a bonus for having a whip (weapon) against anyone unarmed?
kaltorak
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel both of them very cool.
I only change the Edge name in something like "Rule of the Whip" or similar.

BTW, in the upcoming book Jalizar, City of Thieves there are stats for a new, very long Reach, type of whip (a Monk weapon).
Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archmage wrote:
If I remember correctly this very similiar to the Warcry ability from Evernight.

There's also a War Cry edge in Hellfrost. Both versions are Seasoned and limited by race, and the Hellfrost one further requires d8 in Intimidation. However they also use a LBT.

Being forced to use a whip is already pretty restrictive, I don't think it would be unreasonable to upgrade the MBT to a LBT.

Alternatively, perhaps the character could receive a +2 bonus when using the whip on a single individual. So they can choose between either a MBT (like a small War Cry) or +2 Intimidation (like Strong willed, except without the Taunt bonus), but not both at the same time.
Archmage
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would the user get a bonus for having a whip (weapon) against anyone unarmed?

Haven`t thaught of this, but yeah sounds logical to me Twisted Evil

Quote:
I only change the Edge name in something like "Rule of the Whip" or similar.

Yeah, that sounds more right for a Slaver...

Ok, then it goes like this :

Rule of the whip

A Slaver wielding a whip can make an Intimidation roll against a large number of people. When he uses this ability he places a medium Burst template adjacent to himself, everybody under the template must resist against the Intimidation roll of the Slaver, unarmed targets suffer a -2 penalty to their spirit roll to resist.

And then the Edge...

Former Slaver

Prerequisites : Seasoned, Intimidation D8+, Spirit D6+, Whip (only for using the edge not choosing it)

Years as a Slaver have taught you the method to effectivly control large groups of people with your whip.
As long as the character wields a Whip he can make an Intimidation roll against a larger group of people. Place a medium Burst template adjacent to you character and make an Intimidation roll, everybody under the Template must make a Spirit roll to resist, unarmed targets suffer a -2 penalty on their spirit roll to resist.
[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: