Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick question on the "Skill rules"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niels Smed
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Quick question on the "Skill rules" Reply with quote

So on my way to run my first 50 fathom game, a have a question on the savage world skill rules.

What happens, when a player wishes to use a skill that he doesnt have - or when he required to - say fx, a player wants to stealth by a guard, or the gm ask him to roll a stealth in order not to be noticed??

Do i call for a modified attribute roll? say agility -2, fx?
or are there specific rules concerning this, that i might have missed?

may thx Smile
Cryonic
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question on the "Skill rules" Reply with quote

Niels Smed wrote:
So on my way to run my first 50 fathom game, a have a question on the savage world skill rules.

What happens, when a player wishes to use a skill that he doesnt have - or when he required to - say fx, a player wants to stealth by a guard, or the gm ask him to roll a stealth in order not to be noticed??

Do i call for a modified attribute roll? say agility -2, fx?
or are there specific rules concerning this, that i might have missed?

may thx Smile

If the character lacks the skill, then they roll 1d4-2 and 1d6-2, take the better.

Savage Worlds Tales: http://www.daemonstorm.com/category/Categories/Role-playing/Savage-Worlds
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Quick question on the "Skill rules" Reply with quote

Cryonic wrote:
If the character lacks the skill, then they roll 1d4-2 and 1d6-2, take the better.

This is correct: 1d4-2 for the "untrained" skill, and an extra "1d6-2" if the character is a Wildcard.

Now that I think about that, maybe it's true. I can't recall this rule in the core book.

Proud creator of the SAVAGE FREE BESTIARY
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's described in the Trait Tests section on page 70 of SWDEE under unskilled attempts.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting Duck wrote:
It's described in the Trait Tests section on page 70 of SWDEE under unskilled attempts.

Short version: modifiers are added after all dice are rolled out. Roll a d4 (plus wild die), reroll all aces, and choose the best die. Then subtract -2 for Untrained.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: