Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[GMG] Burn, Maim, Kill:... Gollemmechs cover Preview
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: [GMG] Burn, Maim, Kill:... Gollemmechs cover Preview Reply with quote

Hi Guys, just so you know this product is actually a reality (believe me I thought it was cursed to be vaporware for a long time), here's the cover concept.

I'm currently in the process of proofing and doing writing on the main fiction, but the rules are pretty much done.

so, here's the cover concept. I'm calling this hulking brute a "Linebacker"

Raene82
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is a book I've really been waiting for! Road Rage was fun but I like my vehicles ponderous, walking, and ready to blow the stuffing out of an army.
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I'll have to check that out when its available.
booga
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neato! Looking forward to this one as well.
salcor
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to this product. Will it include rules for creating golemmechs?

Salcor
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salcor wrote:
I am looking forward to this product. Will it include rules for creating golemmechs?
Salcor

That's the bulk of the product, actually-rules to create golemmechs and power armor, also rules for ECM and Missile combat, edges and of course, sample mecha and some history of mecha, who's using them, what roles they play in the events of 2089/2090...

all in all, pretty good stuff.

Basically, you get slots to build your mecha or power armor based on the size, you use the slots to choose locomotion, armor, weapons, etc.

You can also give mecha some flaws to reduce costs and even free up more slot space.

We'll talk about types of campaigns involving mecha and ways you might get them on the black market.
salcor
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome,

Bubblegum Crisis and Appleseed here we come!!! Some of the best Mecha-punk ever.

Salcor[/list]
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the introduction:

"This E-book has been a long time in the making; so long in fact, that it's coming to you at a time when we at Gun Metal Games are in the process of gearing up to develop "Interface Zero 2.0: Full Metal Cyberpunk," the second edition of our little Savage Worlds Deluxe-powered setting. Mecha (known as golemmechs in IZ) have always been a part of Interface Zero, even though it would appear that any previous attempts to get a (greatly desired) supplement for them have been cursed…CURSED I SAY, CURSED! This thing has been so elusive, it's been like the Holy Grail for us at GMG.

At any rate, we're bringing it to you now, and as you might have noticed in the title, the year has changed from 2088 to 2090. There's a very good reason for this. Since it's been roughly two and a half years since Interface Zero was first released for the Savage Worlds game system, I felt that moving the timeline forward two years in game time would be both appropriate and give me and my development team a chance to flex our creative muscle a bit and shake up the world a little bit.

Actually, we're going to shake it up a lot—like, on the level of a pole-shift, omae.

Interface Zero 2.0: Full Metal Cyberpunk is going to bring chaos to the world, but in such a way that it feels very much like a natural—almost expected—progression of time and events (some of which are inspired by Today's headlines), which brings me back to the topic of golemmechs and this book.

"Burn Main Kill: Fast Eddie's Guide to Golemmechs in 2090" is more than just a book on mechs—it's a bridge between 2088 and 2090, revealing some juicy tidbits about 2090 as seen from the eyes of—you guessed it—Fast Eddie, a greasy tech-fixer; that's a face man who focuses on selling heavy gear like LAV's, drones, powered armor, and various milspec weaponry including rockets, nuclear-tipped war….ahem...tanks and even the occasional submarine. Fast Eddie (and a few other personalities) has a few secrets ta share with ya, omae—enough pay data to give you the 411 on what to expect from the core book in terms of world development.

Oh, and he's gonna talk a little bit about golemmechs too."

Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope this gets a print run. I may not always run this sort of campaign but as a GM it's something I would want to have on my gaming shelf.
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurak wrote:

"Burn Main Kill: Fast Eddie's Guide to Golemmechs in 2090" is more than just a book on mechs—it's a bridge between 2088 and 2090, revealing some juicy tidbits about 2090 as seen from the eyes of—you guessed it—Fast Eddie, a greasy tech-fixer; that's a face man who focuses on selling heavy gear like LAV's, drones, powered armor, and various milspec weaponry including rockets, nuclear-tipped war….ahem...tanks and even the occasional submarine. Fast Eddie (and a few other personalities) has a few secrets ta share with ya, omae—enough pay data to give you the 411 on what to expect from the core book in terms of world development.

Oh, and he's gonna talk a little bit about golemmechs too."[/i]

Burn Main Kill? Or did you mean to say Burn Maim Kill?
SeeleyOne
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or why not MDK: Murder Death Kill? It worked for Demolition Man. Maybe a minor and silly-named fast-food chain should become a major fancy restaurant.

To be evil is to live backwards
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyseerco wrote:
thurak wrote:

Oh, and he's gonna talk a little bit about golemmechs too."[/i]

Burn Main Kill? Or did you mean to say Burn Maim Kill?

I meant burn, Maim, Kill, sorry.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeeleyOne wrote:
Or why not MDK: Murder Death Kill? It worked for Demolition Man. Maybe a minor and silly-named fast-food chain should become a major fancy restaurant.

Naw, I like Burn, Maim, Kill.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.

Here's the cover art for "Burn, Maim, Kill: Fast Eddie's Guide To Gollemmechs in 2090"

ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... that lives up to the title. Good job. #gunbattle Cool
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever the name ends up, when I get this from FRPGames or my local game store, I'm picking this up.
GlassJaw
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks fantastic. This might be what gets me into IZ.

I'm already thinking about a storyline of a military megacorp attempting to create advance AI and begins to illegally incorporate actual human brains in the mechs, a la Robocop.

Hmm, maybe the players are hired by a rival corp to steal the secrets and the discovery of the brains is the big reveal...
Mike Zebrowski
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been out of the loop for the last few months, so I don't know if this has been addressed:

How compatible are the new IZ supplements coming out with IZ2.0?

MIke Z
SeeleyOne
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Zebrowski wrote:
I've been out of the loop for the last few months, so I don't know if this has been addressed:

How compatible are the new IZ supplements coming out with IZ2.0?

MIke Z

He has a good question, and another that I have wondered is, what is different between IZ and IZ 2.0?

I have the first in print (a nice hardback) and pdf, and while I am not adverse to buying them again, I would like to know how useful it would be to do so for my gaming group. I had already bought it a second time as it is. Razz I have the Modern d20 version in pdf. The switch to Savage Worlds was a great move, but to have a second edition? I don't want to sound like a nay-sayer, like I said above I am not necessarily opposed to getting it again. I just like to know up front the WHY I would want to do so (and how useful my current hardback will continue to be).

To be evil is to live backwards
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good questions!

IZ 2.0 is going to be streamlined. We're doing heavy revisions to the way cybernetics work, adding more setting material, adding at least one plot point campaign, completely revising chargen in favor of Jason Blair's archetype packages that he presented in Streets of Bedlam.

We're moving the timeline forward 2 years from 2088 to 2090, fully integrating things like Psionics, City Trappings, and some other stuff into the book as well. As an example, Zeeks will have new fiction that is based off the two psionic supplements we released, but that fiction isn't going to "outdate" what you already have.

I personally hated buying the second edition of a game I liked only to see the same old setting inormation. You won't see that here. You hardback of IZ 1.0 will continue to be useful, even mandatory in terms of setting history and life in 2090. The thematic elements we introduced in that book aren't changing very much.

I'm not going to simply re-use old setting fiction. In terms of fiction, this new version is all about expanding on the old material. If you found the information in that book helpful for games, you're going to want to keep it around the game table.

In terms of backwards compatibility, we'll also be updating the fiction and game mechanics of the previous sourcebooks to match our new vision for this setting. What this means, is that if you have previously purchased setting books, the E-versions will be updated and if you purchased them online, you'll get the updates for free.

Starting with "Burn, Maim, Kill" all future sourcebooks will be 100% compatible with IZ 2.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: