Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Test Drive Reply with quote

Any chance of getting the next Test Drive formatted to to the smaller SWEX size?

I've reduced the existing ones but the print is a litte too small for my aging eyes.... Surprised

SteveN
sablemage
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded! I'm a big fan of the Test Drive (v6, not the one in Wild Hunt), but my eyes are just not up to it any more. Sad

Pretty please?
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That probably depends.

If the next version of the Test Drive rules is designed to go with an introductory adventure and be printed (like The Wild Hunt), then it will almost certainly be done in the letter-sized format. The realities of small-batch printing for those is that letter-sized is wildly more economical, and that's very important for a product that's probably going to be free.

If it's going to be purely done as a PDF distribution, then the chance of it being Explorer's Edition-sized is much higher, since you'd have the control to print letter, 6.5" x 9", or two-up on letter.

But it never hurts to let us know if you've got a preference. Wink
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EE-sized standalone Test Drive PDF would be nice.

Same for a Deluxe-compatible version of Showdown, if you're counting votes for that as well.
Raise Calculator
sablemage
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaril wrote:
EE-sized standalone Test Drive PDF would be nice.

Oh yes. May I also register a preference for being able to suppress the coloured background using PDF layering in the next one? I love TD06, but would love it more if I could do that.
thudthwacker
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second on having the colored background be a PDF layer. The printer toner, she is expensive. Sad

(Not that it matters much for me personally; just got my Savage Worlds Deluxe: Explorer's Edition a couple of days ago. Mr. Green )
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sablemage wrote:
Oh yes. May I also register a preference for being able to suppress the coloured background using PDF layering in the next one? I love TD06, but would love it more if I could do that.

I know you can do that with Wild Hunt, which has the most recent Test Drive rules in it.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind if it's letter sized, but maybe expanded a couple pages and using a larger font?
Then I could print it a bit smaller! Very Happy

SteveN
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snate56 wrote:
I don't mind if it's letter sized, but maybe expanded a couple pages and using a larger font?

We'll see what we can do. We were a shade constrained on space for The Wild Hunt to make sure we got the rules, the adventure, and the goodies all within the practical page count for a printed freebie.

Layout's waaay easier if you only have to worry about producing an electronic copy. Wink
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Found my old post!

Hi guys, I know you're up to your armpits in stuff you're trying to get to the printer, but is there a new version of Test Drive in the works? Or is the Wild Hunt version the Deluxified version?

I, personally, do like a separate set of rules from the adventure because it typically has it's own cover that looks better printed up.

I, too, would still like to see a "starter set"; A zipped packet with the Test Drive rules, adventure, map, and standups. Maybe even with a box similar to the Aventure Deck box download.
All you'd need to add is dice. Well, and cards, and bennies! Laughing

SteveN
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are, indeed, up to our armpits right now, so it will be a while. But it's on the list.

Thanks Smile

Shane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: