Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SPC] Extra Actions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justinsg
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: [SPC] Extra Actions Reply with quote

I'm just confirming what I already believe to be true ... using the Stun power and the Whirlwind power in the same round is not possible without taking Extra Actions with the Repeat Action modifier, right? Because usually you can't activate two powers in the same round.

But, the movement ones like Flight, Leaping, and Speed, could be used with another power in the same round because they are passive?

As a corollary, if you had six powers that all have the Requires Activation modifier, could you activate all six using free actions in the first round or would it take six rounds of using one free action per round?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: [SPC] Extra Actions Reply with quote

justinsg wrote:
I'm just confirming what I already believe to be true ... using the Stun power and the Whirlwind power in the same round is not possible without taking Extra Actions with the Repeat Action modifier, right? Because usually you can't activate two powers in the same round.

Characters can't repeat the same action in a round. If two powers use different actions, they could be used in the same round with the normal multiple action penalty. But if two powers both required say Shooting to target with, then no they could not be used in the same round.

However, note that Whirlwind has specific rules on its use and combination with other actions; in short, creating the whirlwind can't be combined with any other actions.

justinsg wrote:
But, the movement ones like Flight, Leaping, and Speed, could be used with another power in the same round because they are passive?

Well, normal movement is a free action, and those powers are just different options for normal movement. The character can use those powers together as that would be repeating the same action (movement), but they could be used with different actions as above, and since they are free actions they don't inflict a MAP.

justinsg wrote:
As a corollary, if you had six powers that all have the Requires Activation modifier, could you activate all six using free actions in the first round or would it take six rounds of using one free action per round?

It would take 6 rounds since all of the powers require the same action "Requires Activation" to activate them, and that action cannot be repeated.

Hope that helps.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: