Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(12 to midnight) ETU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Gregory
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have given up on this long ago if it (a) didn't look so promising, and (b) if I didn't like Preston's writing so much....
J Gregory
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news in the latest Class Notes - sounds like it's all coming along swimmingly. And who can help but get excited about a living scarecrow? (now you've got me thinking about slipping one into my Deadlands game...).

I wholeheartedly second the recommendation to check out Buried Tales of Pinebox, Texas - one of my favourite short story collections from the past few years, and Preston's "The One That Got Away" is the standout, IMO.
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! It's official-- I just finished the Midnight Tales chapter. The only thing between me and the end of the book are the NPCs and creatures. (Then I'll have to start over at the beginning and take care of the things Ed and I had left for one another to look over or figure out, but let's not spoil the fun.)

Regarding Buried Tales, I really appreciate the endorsement, J. Gregory. I'll say that my story is only middle-of-the-road. However, the stories by David Wellington and Shane alone are worth the price of the book.

Thanks to all the East Texas University Kickstarter backers!
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't posted here in the forums in a while. It's official. Last night I returned the revised manuscript to Pinnacle. It has been a ridiculously long time in coming, but we ain't dead yet!

J Gregory
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah! A momentous occasion!

From someone who's followed this long, serpentine journey so far, Preston and Ed deserve a hearty slap on the back for reaching this cyclopean milestone. That, and a couple of days off....

Now, the (hopefully not so) long wait begins while the Pinnacle beast re-digests this strange meal...
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it! I've had a lot of fun in the 12 to Midnight sandbox over the years.
trav
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean we can start complaining to PEG instead of you guys about the progress? Smile
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plead the 5th.

J Gregory
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the latest Class Notes, and I didn't realise that there was a Fear Effects GM Screen that was different to the original FE .

It says the dice used for rolling outcomes are different - how so?

Is the FE GM Screen version available as a pdf?

Cheers, JG.
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy JG,

I'm afraid it's not available as a PDF, but here are the ranges.

Minor Spook = d20
Medium Shock = 2d20
Great Fright = 4d20
Horrific Terror = 5d20

Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also roll percentile dice, of course, but this approach means you don't have to re-roll until you get a value in the corresponding fear level range.

J Gregory
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense - I'll give it a burl.
Anarxus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Waiting, Watching, Reading Reply with quote

I figured 5 months was a long enough wait before voicing my support of your efforts again.

I appreciate and enjoy the updates over at your 12toMidnight site and keep a close eye on them.

BTW, any scenarios concerning Young [Enter Political Affiliation Here]? The plot (and character political biases) just write themselves. (;P)

Good luck with the self-promotion aspects of your project. I look forward to GWG/PEG putting something in print. [Smile]
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anarxus! No Young [political party]Savage Tales, but in Degrees of Horror the Noble Edge means that you are the child of a career politician. That could definitely lead to an ongoing subplot about paparazzi and political enemies trying to use you as a pawn.

Jackson
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Fun stuff Reply with quote

If you haven't seen it, check out our Ravens Report online student newspaper for East Texas University. Lots more to come....

www.theravensreport.com

Ed

East Texas University....enroll for the Fall Semester Now!
Anarxus
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Opinion Reply with quote

Voicing my opinion: I would hope you'd do some "long form" adventures/modules for the Pinebox setting. Of course, those will come in handy most when your tome is published. Smile
Jackson
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Pictures of Golan County, Texas Reply with quote

Want to know what the woods are like surrounding Pinebox? Those wonderful hiking trails, the Big Thicket? Check out Preston's latest at www.12tomidnight.com

Ed

East Texas University....enroll for the Fall Semester Now!
Anarxus
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Scheduled Dose of Enthusiasm Reply with quote

It appears it's been approximately 6 months since the last time I posted a comment encouraging you guys and supporting your project; I just wanted you to know that I'm still here. Cool

I'd recommend running a Kickstarter for your Sourcebook just to prove to Pinnacle that you've got supporters out there who will pay good money (in advance) to see the project carried to conclusion. Heck, if I were you I'd run that notion by the higher-ups and see if they'll bite; I can see no better incentive to publish a book than people paying for it before it's ready to print. Wink

As always, good luck, gentlemen.
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Your support means the world to us. So here's the good news in return. Without a doubt we have Pinnacle's full support, so I don't feel any pressure to re-sell them on the book or customer demand thereof. Shane has read it, applied his expertise to some of the rules to make them truly FFF!, and put it in Pinnacle's production queue. I've seen some early art and I can guarantee that they're not skimping on production values. It won't be the next item Pinnacle releases but it's not at the bottom of the list either. How quickly it is published will be decided in part by how quickly that gorgeous art is completed by comparison to other books also in production.

In the meantime, I've been using this lull to create new stuff. At the moment I'm revising some ETU-themed short fiction but I also have some ideas that could become a fun mini-Plot Point campaign, an ETU novel, or both (as has been done with Deadlands). I'm actually fortunate that I have the luxury to write more ETU content before the game comes out rather than deal with the pressure of cranking out words on a really tight deadline after the fact.

TL;DR version: Although outwardly things are quiet at the moment, ETU is in excellent hands.

Anarxus
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: