Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HoE Classic/All Versions] Modeen in The Destroyer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helbent4
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: [HoE Classic/All Versions] Modeen in The Destroyer Reply with quote

Group,

I'm running a classic HoE game, the group is going through The Destroyer from Last Crusaders on a Play-by-Post board, rpol.net.

I a question about Modeen:

Aiken's sword is the only thing that can kill Modeen. What about other damage? Does it affect him normally? Just that he can't actually die?

For example, one plan is to snipe out Modeen's knees, then Aiken's sword is used to administer the coup de grace. This works if he's affected by attacks, just not killed, but not if no weapon can damage him but the sword.

Tony

(If anyone wants to play a Templar, there is a pre-gen/dropped PC you can take over or shoot me a completed character via Private Message.)
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what I read, he has no actual Immunity or Invulnerability, which would lead me to believe he could be wounded and even incapacitated from normal weaponry and magic.

That said, it's said several times throughout the text of the adventure that Aiken's sword is the only thing that could kill him.

I'd rule that as long as Aiken's sword is used to administer the coup de grace, he won't be coming back. Otherwise, he'd somehow show up again.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on the Marshal exactly how stuff interacts with a servitor's immortality. I'll point out that Modeen got stabbed in the heart, smiled, and used that sword to slaughter his foe.
So, no, normal damage cannot Incapacitate him.

Generally, Servitors are Immune to all damage that isn't from their weakness. It might puncture them, knock them around, and might even hurt some, but it can't seriously injure them. Modeen doesn't have a specific Immunity (probably an oversight), but he doesn't need much of one - he's about as tough as a Templar/Anti-Templar can be, and cheats his way into immortality on top of things.
As is, the duelist has to Called Shot Head to have a chance of dealing real damage (Strength + 3d4 versus size 6 with Light Armor 5). Anywhere else, they have to factor in is modified Infantry Battle Suit (AV 2/3 in the chest, LA 4 in the limbs) on top of his Greater Armor of the Saints 5 (AV 1 all locations, LA 5 all locations), for a total torso armor of 3/4 LA 5, limbs AV 1 LA 9. Meanwhile the hero is doing Strength +1d6. #1eek13

If this were Reloaded, I'd advise you to give him Invulnerability (damage cannot cause wounds but can cause Shaken / Stun) and a Weakness.

A friend of mine let his Servitors get knocked around by explosions and damage, requiring stun checks (TN 3) when they got hit by stuff. This couldn't wound them, but could distract, annoy, or even send flying (explosives). Only the Weakness could cause a wound.
helbent4
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for the advice! This is Classic so the Invulnerable/Weakness elements don't come into play.

My posse is not particularly super-powered. Plus, I have some house rules making combat more deadly (in certain ways) so making the Servitor completely invulnerable might make him too tough a nut to crack. In this case, I'm leaning towards Modeen being injured but Mortal Wounds do not kill.

"It's just a flesh wound!"

Tony
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modeen cant be in the game I killed him. I was a Syker Biker Sniper and while our Templar fought with Modeen I created a vision of Julia Aiken that over awed his war band and kept them at bay and then while Modeen was gloating over our incapacitated Templar I made his head explode. And the marshal did not even let me collect enough skull pieces to wire them back together and hang on the front of my hover cycle with the other big bads
helbent4
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
Modeen cant be in the game I killed him.

Hello VonDan,

You were going to put his skull right next to Tiamat's, no doubt!

I'll keep this in mind when running my game. I wonder how many big bads you kill before you become a Servitor (of Death, natch) yourself?

Hmmm... a Biker Syker Sniper Magic User Assassin and Servitor. Just might work!

Tony
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helbent4 wrote:
VonDan wrote:
Modeen cant be in the game I killed him.

Hello VonDan,

You were going to put his skull right next to Tiamat's, no doubt!

I'll keep this in mind when running my game. I wonder how many big bads you kill before you become a Servitor (of Death, natch) yourself?

Hmmm... a Biker Syker Sniper Magic User Assassin and Servitor. Just might work!

Tony

That is not out of the question as I kept counting coup and getting powers from the big bads and i drew a card at character creation that was bad but the marshall would not tell me what it was

It was all a combination of lucky rolls and I spent all my chips on raising my powers, with my PC back ground as the child of two Sykers who trained me i started with only access to fire and spy powers. I killed the mind control syker in a haunted hotel in Junktown and took a mind control power form him and his skull, I killed the robot master in a town northeast of junk town and took a power form him and his skull. I killed Modeen and took a power from him. I killed a demon sniper in the library tower at Boise and took his Barret .50 rifle and his skull. The last game session I shot a hound dog human mutant sort of thing and took his super hearing and smell and was cursed with a wet nose and floppy ears when i tried to take his skull
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helbent4 wrote:
Thanks for the advice! This is Classic so the Invulnerable/Weakness elements don't come into play.

Well, actually it isn't much different in Classic. The term was just Immunity instead of Invulnerability and Weakness was the same. Pretty much worked the same way... only a tad tougher on the posse since there wasn't even an option to cause a Shaken in Classic.

And yeah, Modeen had Immunity to All, the classic (pun totally intended) Servitor ability.

www.peginc.com
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immunity to every thing except my Syker power
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
Immunity to every thing except my Syker power

Well, of course, any Marshal has the option to ignore the rules if they wish. The Destroyer adventure is specifically designed to be a spotlight scenario for a Templar player; if the group has no such player, the Marshal would have to adapt a bit.

www.peginc.com
helbent4
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:

That is not out of the question as I kept counting coup and getting powers from the big bads and i drew a card at character creation that was bad but the marshall would not tell me what it was

Hello VonDan,

Seriously, why not Message me your character sheet? I think this would make a good Servitor. Of course, I'm not running a "real" game (where your character killed Modeen) so think of it as your character but in an alternative timeline. Where his thirst for killing bad guys has turned him into a Servitor of Death. All that Coup finally caught up with him and Death recognised his Own.

Quote:

Well, of course, any Marshal has the option to ignore the rules if they wish. The Destroyer adventure is specifically designed to be a spotlight scenario for a Templar player; if the group has no such player, the Marshal would have to adapt a bit.

Regretfully, this posse doesn't have a PC Templar. Since the player dropped, the Templar has been played as an NPC. The NPC Templar has a Squire (PC) but as he just started and is only on the cusp of becoming a full Templar, so is probably not up to killing Modeen. Probably, I'll have to wing it, allow some damage.

(There was another PC Templar and Squire combo in the past but they bit the dust on the way to Boise.)

Story Tweak: The Destroyer is set to have a climax just outside Twin Falls. Looking at the map, I saw that a little ways east from the city along the Interstate (although across the river) was... Skeleton Butte. Oh yeah.

Tony
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game was one day a weeks for 4 or 5 months 6 or 8 years ago and then the Marshall started school at the end of summer and we lost contact as it was not my regular group but from meetup.com and the sheet was at his house.

I should try and recreate it

Is The destroyer an adventure ware the Anti Paladins are trying to starve out Boise and gathering raiders around Boise? In the game I played in, a convoy on the way to Boise was Hijacked by the Anti Paladins and other marauders and Simon sent us out to rescue the Convoy crew and we sort of over did our mission
King Snarf
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something I'd adjust on the fly. If the posse is having too easy a time of it, then yeah, nothing EXCEPT the sword is going to hurt him.

If, on the other hand, the rolls are against them and even the mooks are getting in good licks on the Posse, then I'd let them be able to hurt, but not kill, him. Like a fatal shot would put him down for a round or two, long enough for them to catch their breath.

Check out my author page!
helbent4
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Snarf wrote:
This is something I'd adjust on the fly. If the posse is having too easy a time of it, then yeah, nothing EXCEPT the sword is going to hurt him.

If, on the other hand, the rolls are against them and even the mooks are getting in good licks on the Posse, then I'd let them be able to hurt, but not kill, him. Like a fatal shot would put him down for a round or two, long enough for them to catch their breath.

Your Majesty,

This works for me. I'm sure if. at the beginning of the fight, bullets don't affect Modeen at first but then if things go badly for the Posse they start to (in some fashion) the Posse won't complain.

Tony
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

This is a pretty seriously difficult fight for smaller and/or less powered posses to handle. As ValhallaGH mentioned getting through his armor with the one weapon able to harm him is very difficult to begin with even with a skilled Templar wielding the sword.

I'm fine with some servitors being impeded by potential wounds, like taking the time to dig a bullet out of his eye socket all the while cursing the unseen sniper that put it there. During this time, you might reduce his fighting by half for defending himself against Aiken's sword, or imposing a penalty on sight-based trait/aptitude rolls for a few rounds until he steps back and rips the bullet out.

I had three players, along with an NPC Templar, go through this adventure.
One character was a Junker with a gatling pistol firing normal pistol rounds, and the other two players had a sniper and spotter pair for their characters- no arcane backgrounds for either.
They managed to defeat Modeen by dog-piling him and wrestling with him for a significant amount of time, stripping his axe from him, while the Templar stabbed him repeatedly in the head/neck area with that broken blade until he died.

If the players have a vehicle of some sort they might use it to pin the Destroyer against a tree while the others take away his axe and/or stab him with Aiken's sword stub.

Remember that you don't always have to go for damaging attacks when it is the bad guy's turn, especially with one as confident (and rightly so in this case) in his invulnerability to meaningful harm.
Generally throwing in such descriptive banter will make for a more enjoyable event than a white-knuckle death match alone would otherwise provide. So have some fun with it because Modeen's a super-strong, overconfident, arrogant guy.
Lastly I'd advise you to know what Greater Reward any of the Anti-Templars will choose should they manage to kill a Templar or Companion during the fight. Describing that rush of power and new tactic by one of them can be enlightening for characters of non-veteran Deadlands players.

Good luck with the play by post game.

-Fists.
helbent4
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Re Reply with quote

Fists-of-Dorn wrote:

Lastly I'd advise you to know what Greater Reward any of the Anti-Templars will choose should they manage to kill a Templar or Companion during the fight. Describing that rush of power and new tactic by one of them can be enlightening for characters of non-veteran Deadlands players.

Good luck with the play by post game.

-Fists.

Hello Fists,

Thanks for the help!

So far, the plan is for the Posse's Witch to use a Shapechange spell to change the appearances of a couple Posse members into Gregory and Simon. (See below.) The Posse's "rig" (armoured semi tractor-trailer) and "technical" (armoured pickup with Ma-Deuce) will storm the evil orchard on top of Skeleton Butte (love that name) to provide a distraction and engage the remaining Destroyer MC members. "Gregory" (the Squire) then has at Modeen as he fights "Simon" (the NPC Templar).

As an equalliser I think I'll keep Modeen effectively invulnerable, but one good hit with Aiken's sword kills him (goes through his armour and so on... it's a supernatural effect). Should make it a little easier for the Squire to deal with him!

The NPC Templar (basically, a rip-off of "Machete") has given the PCs some pointers, such as bullets may not affect Modeen but gravity still does. If he gets knocked down by a bullet he still needs to get up, you can try and take his axe away, Modeen is vain and so you can use that against him through bluffing, trickery, even try to impress if not scare him (Bluff, Taunt, Overawe).

As you can see, not a lot of Arcane PCs in this Posse! (Most are templates with some degree of customisation):

PCs:

Jason Sinclair: ex-Texas Ranger, Squire
Rowan Dawson: ex-paramedic, Witch
Peter Firecrow: former Ravenite, Convoy technical driver
Jane Guin: ex-USAF, renegade black hat, technical gunner
Roadkill: ex-road ganger, Convoy scout rig driver
Smoker: scavenger, rig mechanic and gunner
Sgt. Ian Sullivan, RCMP: Mountie (law dog)

NPCs:

Trejo: former Mexican Federale, Templar
Col. Kurt Schaeffer: Bundeswehr Fernspäher (Airborne Ranger), sniper
Tech Sgt. Airen Crichton, USMC: Marine, Junker. Currently in back Boise, transforming it into a cross between Beirut and the Krasny Oktabyr tractor works.

Regarding the Posse, as mentioned they have a Witch, Rowan. As has been pointed out, Witches are poor munchkin-fodder. My friend is a Wiccan, I knew this would be the perfect character for him to play. They do have an awesome healing ability, with much less restrictions and usually more effective than Templar and other supernatural healing (a single roll heals a wounded area completely, can be used as many times as there are components, etc). As well, Beast Speak has been used to convince birds to do some very useful aerial reconnaissance, Eldritch Blast isn't that powerful but it's a nice backup when Rowan's Kalashnikov runs out of ammunition. However, I agree that Witches need a little more flexibility, so I've added a new spell book for her based on some of the suggestions that have been floated for Witches here and elsewhere. (Rowan has a coyote Familiar, and I allowed her to learn the Shapechange spell for this particular purpose.)

That spell book was recovered in an earlier adventure, gained as the players were heading to Near Wichita (after hearing rumours of the Devourer). They were lured into Wichita's Ghost Storm by Selene, the evil undead witch from the Wasted West sourcebook. As mentioned, my buddy playing the Witch is a Wiccan in real life so this would be a nice, personal conflict. Further, my wife is Wiccan so I kind of felt the coven of undead witches was too cliche and stereotypical of traditional negative views of Wiccans and Pagans in general. (Although, I do get the wordplay of the "witches" of Wichita.)

Being Catholic, I decided that turnabout was fair play and the Servitor that had corrupted Selene and her Coven was the former Bishop of Wichita, who had turned away from God and embraced the Reckoners. He was now the undead Anti-Bishop, ruling the local Deadland from the "Cathedral of Bone" (one of the "shadow buildings" that exist in Deadlands, on the sit of the former Cathedral of Immaculate Conception in Wichita). The Anti-Bishop looked liked a skeleton in Bishop's robes, much like the kick-ass painting below:

Taking the witches and their Anti-Bishop master cost the party dearly, claiming the life of an earlier PC Templar.

As for Near Wichita, the Posse found that it was now well-defended and prosperous, with a booming marketplace, hospital and school. An earlier Posse (a Junker, Templar, gunslinger and powered armour trooper, all NPCS) had taken out the Devourer and had cleaned up the town. (Hey, the Posse aren't the only ones out there fighting the good fight!) Their dead Templar (Arthur Dayne) was laid to rest with a funeral service and full honours.

(Due to space I could only paraphrase the title and first line from the poem Ashrei Ha-Gafrur ("Blessed is the Match") by Hanna Szenes, a Jewish-Hungarian poet, playwright and freedom fighter murdered by the Nazis in 1944.)

On the way out of town heading to Boise, the Posse passed a stranger walking along the road towards Near Wichita. Dressed in black, pistols strapped to his hips, sprung heeled cowboy boots clocking on the pavement. Stone was coming to Near Wichita, providing an object lesson as to what happens when you mess with the plans of the Reckoners too much, then stay put to enjoy the fruits of your labours...

Tony
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Modeen's Axe.

My future Syker Biker descendant took it from his cold dead hands and then mailed it back in time and dimensions of reality via TARDPS to myself for safe keeping. Yesterday a toxic shaman on a bicycle came to my store and delivered it

Last edited by VonDan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
helbent4
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:

Modeen's Axe I took it and mailed it back in time to myself

VonDan,

Beautiful! One your designs, I take it?

I'll be happy to include that in my game, thanks!

Tony
helbent4
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is curious, the posse finished the climactic battle in the Orchard of Desolation in my PBP game.

The plan was somewhat complicated, because many of the posse were ambivalent about saving Simon's neck and more interested in rescuing the hostages. The only PC who had strong feelings about this was Jason, the Squire, who had returned from Boise with possession of Aiken's sword. While he and part of the posse went after Modeen, the rest would effect a hostage rescue. In the end, deception was put to good use so Modeen and the Destroyers were concentrating on that effort, allowing the Squire to get close enough to strike a killing blow. That didn't quite work as planned, but such is the stuff of adventures!

First, the NPC sniper (Col. Schaeffer, a German Fernspäher or airborne Ranger) infiltrated up to the northern perimeter fence of the Orchard of Desolation on Skeleton Butte (where the Boss fight in The Destroyer takes place) where he could see many of the Destroyers, himself unseen in his Ghillie suit and IBS as the sun sets.

Second, Jason (the Squire) and his NPC Templar rode up in the Colonel's replica WWII BMW with sidecar. Using a spell that Rowan (the Witch) had found in a "cookbook" taken from the Anti-Bishop in the Cathedral of Bone in the ruins of Wichita, they were made to look like Gregory (the Anti-Templar they'd killed previously at a fuel stop at the Jerome County airport in "Warmup".) and Simon. The spell worked, Modeen and his posse were fooled by the spell, seeing what they wanted to see.

"Gregory" seemed to have caught "Simon" and was bringing him to Modeen as a prisoner to be beheaded. "Gregory" deposited a helpless-seeming "Simon" in front of Modeen, who gloated in front of his men to see his enemy helpless before him. A chopping block was set up under the Templar's hanging tree for the execution. "Gregory" warned Modeen a posse was hell bent for leather on his tail, coming to rescue the hostages and would be there any minute. Annoyed in his moment of triumph, Modeen deployed half his Destroyers to the front of the orchard, the rest around the perimeter and where the hostages were kept. He kept his 3 remaining Anti-Templar posse members with him to act as a reserve, confident any rescue would be ultimately futile because of his invincibility.

At that point, the rest of the posse, in the rig (an armoured 18 wheeler semi-tractor trailer) and technical (a full-sized pickup armed with a ma-deuce) roared up the front road to Skeleton Butte. While all the attention was focused on the front, Rowan the PC Witch and Barb the NPC Doomsayer started up a rear trail up the back of Skeleton Butte on Rowan's hovercycle.

With Modeen distracted, Jason (as Gregory) had laid "Simon's" neck on the block, then deployed a smoke grenade to add to the confusion. As Modeen and his 3 posse members started back towards "Gregory" and "Simon", 2 of his posse dropped behind him, unnoticed. Anti-Templars are pretty tough, but a .338 Lapua Magnum through the brain pan says "goodnight, Irene!"

Using the smoke as cover, the rig and the technical pulled up in front of the house where the hostages were kept, guns blazing. The defenders outside the house went down quickly under a hail of SAW and HMG fire. The Destroyers inside the house were caught off guard, hesitating without Modeen there to direct them. More Destroyers moving up from other parts of the orchard were taken out with precision fire by the Colonel, using his suppressed Mauser sniper rifle equipped with a 12x starlight scope. (The Col was pulling 4-5 cards a turn, so Aim for Noggin, Fire. Shift target. Aim for Noggin, Fire. 2 down. Technically, as a sniper he should displace after every shot but the tactical situation was fluid, as they say, and he was unseen and barely heard.)

With twilight fading and darkness growing, Modeen still hadn't figured out what was going on. Grabbing his axe he started towards the vehicles, figuring he'd waste these assholes personally and then deal with Simon in a more leisurely manner, like his ego demanded.

At this point, Jason (the Squire and former Texas Ranger) dropped the spell and tried to cow him into surrendering. (He couldn't be hurt by normal means, but he could be bluffed!)

Quote:
"Hey Brad you dipshit! You are so easily fooled aren't you. They are going for the prisoners. Matter of fact so am I. So why don't you put down your axe and come quiet like. You don't have to die. Jail and eventually a Templar Tribunal where you will be found guilty because you are and then lawfully executed. The old Brad Modeen would never have done this. He wouldn't have killed Aaron. Aaron was a friend. For that alone you deserve to die. The old saying of One Riot. One Ranger! is true. Only problem is I'm the only Ranger around. So I guess I will have to do. Now drop the fragging axe and reach for the sky or prepare to meet your damned Reckoner Masters. Tell them that Jason Sinclair is still around and still hunting their minions. Tell them I will find a way to defeat them! I am taking this world back Modeen if it's the last thing that I do!" Jason yells at the Destroyer as he walks towards the pink smoke.

Somewhat surprisingly, Jason got enough Raises to break Modeen's nerve. He jumped on his bike and started it up, intending to bolt. It looked like his men were getting massacred and he could always recover his losses in a little time. Plus, there were also more Destroyers assaulting Boise.

At this point, Barb the Doomsayer stepped around the house and hit Modeen and his surviving posse-buddy with Flashblind. Hey, he can't be hurt, but he can be blinded!

Trejo tackled the blinded Modeen to the ground (again, not hurting him) and wrestled his axe away, holding him so Jason could make the killing strike. Modeen drew a sawed-off shotgun and gave Trejo both barrels at close range. A wounded Trejo then drew his holy blade (a Machete, of course) and chopped the scattergun in half. Jason hacked at Modeen, unable to connect. Even partially blinded, Modeen was quick as an eel and twice as desperate.

Nearby, the rig started to roll forward to the house to get into position to rescue the hostages. Hearing this, Modeen decided he would ride out of there in style! Throwing off the wounded Templar and avoiding the Squire's blows he jumped up, ran through the smoke and climbed into the truck cab while that group was focused on the hostages. He shot the driver (a PC named Roadkill) in the head with his SMG (a glancing blow but enough to put him out) and got behind the wheel. The rig's robot driver (the junker-built autopilot "Gilles", who believed it was the reincarnation of the late great Formula One driver Gilles Villeneuve) tried to resist.

Fate intervened, in a disruptive way. One of the bikers inside the house saw the rig roll over his motorcycle. Stepping out the front door and deeply pissed, he lobbed a grenade and it landed underneath the cab. Detonating, it igniting the fuel spilled from the crushed bike's gas tank, setting several tires on fire. Shrapnel ricochetted around inside the cab, wounding the driver further and taking out the driver-bot but leaving Modeen unscathed.

Seeing an opening, the posse (not realising Modeen's jacked the rig) lit up the biker in the now open doorway of the house and stormed inside to free the hostages. Inside went Daphne Dumar (the NPC), followed by Sgt. Sullivan, RCMP (a Law Dog, of course) and Smoker, the rig's gunner and mechanic. A furious close-quarters fight ensued with the remaining bikers inside the house before they could execute the hostages.

Meanwhile, Modeen bailed out of the truck cab and stumbled back out of the smoke towards his bike, just trying to find a way out of there. He found and grabbed his dropped axe, Despair, intending to at least wax the annoying Squire and the Templar. After a few desperate seconds of melee, an incredibly lucky Jason not only held his own but finally connected with the Aiken's sword. Wounded in the chest and stunned by the blow, Modeen fell to his knees. A still-wounded Trejo wrenched away the axe and, with Barb's help, got on Modeen's still-idling bike and started to ride away, getting a potent weapon out of his hands!

Quote:
On his knees in front of Jason, Modeen looked up, beseechingly. "Don't follow Simon or believe his lies... he won't protect the weak like I will..."

"You killed Aaron. You killed innocents. How do you protect the weak, Servitor?" and with that Jason scoops up Aiken's blade and tried to plunge it home. Hoping the whole time that the Saints will protect his soul from the filth of the Reckoners.

Recovering a little, Modeen tried to roll out of the way, still pleading his case. "Simon lets people die if they're not worthy of him, you know that! Do you know how many people I've seen that bastard throw to the wolves? We Anti-Templars go in, whatever the cost, and we turn evil's strength back upon itself."

"See Brad the difference is this. You sold your fragging soul to the damned Reckoners. That can't be forgiven." and he takes another swing at the bastard that murders innocents. The Squire knows that he must end this and end it soon.

Aiken's blade stabbed down and through Modeen's head. Black blood splattered out onto the bleak ground of the Orchard of Desolation. It is done.

And then it was almost over except for the shouting, but not quite....

Last edited by helbent4 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Glad to hear that it all went well and sounds like everyone had a lot of fun taking the Destroyers down and rescuing the hostages.

-Fists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: