Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Beasts and Barbarians] Temptress edge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archmage
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: [Beasts and Barbarians] Temptress edge Reply with quote

Hi there,

last saturday we played B & B for the first time. We have a Concubine in our group with the attractive/very attractive edges (Char +4) and the Temptress edge. For invoking the boost/lower trait she uses persuasion as arcane skill. Does she get her charismabonus for this roll (making a fail nearly impossible)? In the heat of the game I allowed it, assuming she is charming the recepient.
Thx for your comments.
kaltorak
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rulewise, I'll say no, she has to roll on "pure" Persuasion (being Charisma accounted in her Power Points), but from a role-play side I'll suggest you to give her a bonus to the roll up to her Charisma for really good role play. Wink
Sadric
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mh, interesting question. I really like this Edge. Smile
Maybe it counts if you boost a score, but not if you lower it.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Persuasion roll to use, and Charisma affects Persuasion unless the GM says otherwise. By the Rules As Written (RAW), charisma applies.

Remember, boost / lower is opposed by the target's Spirit. That +4 to +8 is a big deal, but it's not going to guarantee success.
kaltorak
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ValhallaGH
It isn't exactly a Persuasion roll, the text says: "She uses Persuasion as arcane skill", so it is an arcane skill roll, which incidentallly, in this case, is the Persuasion skill Smile.
But you can add Charisma, if you want. We won't send barbarians at your home to check how you play it Laughing
Archmage
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaltorak wrote:
@ValhallaGH
It isn't exactly a Persuasion roll, the text says: "She uses Persuasion as arcane skill", so it is an arcane skill roll, which incidentallly, in this case, is the Persuasion skill Smile.
But you can add Charisma, if you want. We won't send barbarians at your home to check how you play it Laughing

Thx for clarifying, I think I will go with the "official" way: no Charisma bonus. It seemed rather overpowered, but as stated it was in the heat of the battle Wink
Thx to everybody else for the input
jscifert
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the Seductress Edge in Pirates of the Spanish Main specifically allowed for use of Charisma in the Test of Wills using Persuasion, but I believe that the call-out for the Temptress Edge reads differently and does act as an arcane skill and so I would also not allow Charisma to add to this as written.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: