Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going to be Starting 50 Fathoms Soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Going to be Starting 50 Fathoms Soon Reply with quote

Well... I just ran my two sons, Ethan -age 11, Trey - age 21, and my girl friend, Pam - I'd get kilt dead on the spot if I even think of giving out her age!!!, though the Showdown adventure, "It Came from the Foatsam Sea". The Pirates won the day.

And now, they all want to play in the 50 Fathoms world.

Some house rules I'm going to have in the game...

Going to be using the WizKids Pirates! ships in the game as suggested in the "Pirates of the Spanish Main" book. Save space.

Thinking about adapting this story, Robert Louis Stevenson's, The Bottled Imp, into an adventure (along with most of the PotSM ones too).

I've also be devouring SavageGamerGirl's 50F Campaign Journal with much enjoyment.

Sort of nervous. I've run Post Apocalyptic, Zombies, and Pulp games (in different systems) but this one is going to be my first SW game. gulp!

Please!!! Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tavis
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Piece of advice I've always found useful for 50F is to get an idea of where your crew is intending to head to next at the end of a session - it makes for easier preperation of what to do at the next session.

There's a link in my Sig to my 50F campaign page - certainly a different style to SGG, but you might find something of interest there as well.

SWD: 50 Fathoms (GM)
fanchergw
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some other 50 Fathoms play logs that might be worth reading through.

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33632
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30774
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?276947-Savage-Worlds-50-Fathoms-Actual-Play

Gordon
Dylan S
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prepare your players for a little more bookkeeping than most other settings. In addition to their characters, they'll have to keep track of their ship's stats and wounds, their crew number and stats, provisions, ammunition, cargo, days spent at sea (for the purposes of pay, provisions, and cabin-fever), the amount of treasure shared by the crew, direction and distance traveled, and all the usual "mythology" notes for such a large world (what species is Emperor Jant, again?). For flavour, I also like to track the day of the week (bathing, Church, and laundry on Sundays!) and the month of the year (for seasonal changes, religious holidays, etc.).

It takes some getting used to, to put it mildly.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate Hats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: