Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Powers Companion and Mutants and Masterminds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeeleyOne
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Super Powers Companion and Mutants and Masterminds Reply with quote

I have not played using the Super Powers Companion as of yet. So far I have only used Mutants and Masterminds to play super heroes with my group. Does anyone have any experience with the two systems and can give me insight on what I will be seeing in play?

Force Fields give a bonus to toughness. I have been playing around with a shield effect that gives a die value that is rolled to Soak damage. I have it use the character's toughness (as that seems easiest), but I have it so that the soak die diminishes as it is damaged. What would be a good power cost be for a shield instead of a +1 to toughness? Force Field is +4 to cost, which I am pretty sure adds to the cost of 2/level. Maybe the same cost could just apply to a shield that starts at d4 at level 1 and then increases by a die type per level, so level 5 would be d12 soak.

To be evil is to live backwards
coyote6
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Powers Companion and Mutants and Masterminds Reply with quote

SeeleyOne wrote:
I have not played using the Super Powers Companion as of yet. So far I have only used Mutants and Masterminds to play super heroes with my group. Does anyone have any experience with the two systems and can give me insight on what I will be seeing in play?

I've run and played lots of M&M, but I've only played Savage supers once. My experience was that the SW supers game is a lot bloodier than your average M&M game. My feeling was that SW would be better suited for Suicide Squad-type (both in feel and power level) supers games.

But, my SPC experience is very limited -- the game I played was at a con, so all the characters were designed for that flavor, and we didn't use many of the options from SPC. Plus, M&M is one of my all-time favorite systems. So, caveat emptor and all that.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Powers Companion and Mutants and Masterminds Reply with quote

SeeleyOne wrote:
Force Field is +4 to cost, which I am pretty sure adds to the cost of 2/level.

Just to clarify since I wasn't 100% cure which was meant by the above, but the Modifier for Force Field is a flat +4 to the cost of Force Control, not +4 per level.

www.peginc.com
SeeleyOne
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that clarification. I was trying to figure out it it added to the per level cost or if it was a base cost. I was looking at other powers and I was thinking that perhaps it was the base cost. You get both kinds (flat or per level) in Mutants and Masterminds.

To be evil is to live backwards
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeeleyOne wrote:
Thanks for that clarification. I was trying to figure out it it added to the per level cost or if it was a base cost. I was looking at other powers and I was thinking that perhaps it was the base cost. You get both kinds (flat or per level) in Mutants and Masterminds.

If it increased the cost per level, it would be noted in the Modifier cost (like +1/level).

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: