Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plenty of Colt, but what about Remington and Smith & Wes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
operations
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Plenty of Colt, but what about Remington and Smith & Wes Reply with quote

Mostly talking pistols here. Rifles and carbines have a good mix.

I expect the lack of Smith &Wesson guns is because they never met in the alternate history (heace Smith & Robards) but what about Winchester and Remignton guns?

Or are they functionally similar enough that you can just call, for example, the Peacemaker a Remington 1875?
Ray
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there are Smith & Wesson pistols galore (S&W founded in 1852, before Deadlands splits from our own timeline), along with Remingtons of all types and Winchester Rifles and Carbines.

Law Dogs ( http://www.peginc.com/shop/deadlands-classic-law-dogs/ ) had a lot of the nuts and bolts.
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, Smith & Robards replaced Sears & Roebuck, not Smith & Wesson, hence the initials.
operations
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is that a different smith then (Very possible with that last name, I know)?

I'm still a little new to running Deadlands. I played classic about 10 years ago. I prefer the mechanics on the Reloaded version though. So, I'm still hammering out a few of the butterfly effects from the timeline split on the Marshall side.
RJack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Plenty of Colt, but what about Remington and Smith & Reply with quote

Completely different Smith.

operations wrote:
Or are they functionally similar enough that you can just call, for example, the Peacemaker a Remington 1875?

Pretty much this. As Ray points out, Law Dogs has an expanded weapons list (for Classic stats), but many of those stats, especially for pistols, are identical.

It's not that difficult to suss out what the Savage Worlds stats for many of those pistols should be, though. Range is nearly always 12/24/48, damage is 2d6+1 for larger calibers, 2d6 for smaller, and add AP1. Those pistols that are still percussion get reload 2.
operations
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda what I figured, but you would have thought there would be a sidebar.

I was always partial to the S&W Model 3 (Schofield .45), which is in Essence the same as the Peacemaker... Maybe when my NPC (small game, two players, so I play a 'normal' 3rd person) upgrades his sidearm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: