Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventure in the City o' Gloom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDNA
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Adventure in the City o' Gloom? Reply with quote

OK, so I half-remember this adventure, which I thought was in the back of a Smith & Robard's supplement, but I can't find it for the life of me. I think it has the PCs tracking some sort of techno-murderer throughout Salt Like City and it ends up functioning as a tour/intro to the city. My posse is Desert bound and I want to find this dang adventure. Anyone have any idea what I'm babbling about?

Also, other cool City o' Gloom adventures you'd recommend would be welcome.
SteelDraco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the one in the back of the City o' Gloom boxed set?
King Snarf
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelDraco wrote:
Isn't that the one in the back of the City o' Gloom boxed set?

I didn't think there was an adventure in the box set. Instead of the new character background booklet and adventure booklet that the other box sets had, they had the Metal Mage and Scrapper booklets.

Check out my author page!
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be The Road to Hell, #1 in the Heart o' Darkness trilogy?
MrDNA
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was in the City o' Gloom set, but as far as I can tell there's no adventure in there. However, there is info about a serial killer, which is maybe what I was thinking of?

I'd be surprised if it were Road to Hell, as I don't own that and I don't think I've ever even read it.

I'm wondering if I read about Black Hands and imagined there was an adventure to go with it? If that's all, then I have a lot more work to do than I had imagined! Sad
reemull
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long - long time ago I ran an adventure in City O'Gloom that saw my players try to prove the innocence of a preacher that was being framed for the Black Hands murders.

I've no idea whether this was a published adventure I was running or my own invention from something mentioned in the books as i tended to mix the two. The brief tale is covered in Chapter 3 of Religious Persuasions.

http://freespace.virgin.net/roy.ster/Deadlands/town/news.html

I also ran a side adventure when only two players turned up oe week that saw them head up into the pipes. Ended up with one of them having a heart attack. Good memories.

Roy
King Snarf
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only published adventure I can think of that takes place in SLC is Ghostbusters.

Check out my author page!
cloudshaper2k
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cutter is right. You are thinking of Road to Hell. However, Dime Novel #7 The Forbidden God starts off in SLC.
wyrdhamster
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now prepreing adventure about coming of Stacy O'Malley to city and revolt of Scrappers moving the Junkyard people in conflict with Hellstromme and Smith & Robards companies. Very steampunk stuff. Maybe will translate it when I run for my posse. Cool
Waxahachie
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I was hoping the answer here was going to be something other than Road to Hell. I'm planning on running Road to Hell eventually, but it would be neat to run something else within SLC to familiarize them with the city.
MrDNA
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I was thinking of Road to Hell. The cool thing about this product is that it's not an "adventure" in the sense of a collection of rooms and monsters in sequence. You could milk this thing for a lot of adventures and background. It seems like a great way to familiarize players with SLC.
wyrdhamster
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have someone translate "Road to Hell" to Deadlands: Reloaded? Becuase I would be interested maybe in it. Cool
Clash957
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE: this stuff is spoilerific for the City o' Gloom.

I don't have the Dime Novel: Independence Day, but I believe the story features a certain scalpel that ends up in SLC as the serial murderer, Black Hands. If not, take a Jack the Ripper adventure and place it in SLC as Black Hands is the same dude.

Its not a put together adventure, but the City o' Gloom boxed set as an art house (Lenore's House of Fine Arts) in the Junkyard with paintings coming to life (and causing mischief) as well. That's not hard to put something together for.

Still not enough, Like I mentioned in a post earlier, You could write a crazy adventure about too many groups of grave robbers battling it out in the Gentile Cemetery. There's Cletus & Willy working from Madam Rasmussen pulling a Frankenstein to bring back her husband, Wendel Tomes (technically from Under a Harrowed Moon Dime Novel series) an ambitious mad scientist working for Hellstromme industries collecting fresh brains for automatons, Nurse Ratchet & Company pulling some cadavers from extra practice in scrapper augmentation. Each of the groups have showed up on the same night and started battling each other. After the posse figures out what's what, throw a bunch of adolescent Salt Rattlers (Use Rattler (Wild Card) but lower it Toughness, Size, and Reach and a couple of Young Uns (2 per player)) erupt out of the soft ground. The Posse's best bet would be to team up with some the grave robbers, but what ever they decide.

The City o' Gloom tends to be my home base when I run Deadlands so I always have a few things ready for players who pass through the City o' Gloom. I hope this helps.
MrDNA
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clash957 wrote:

The City o' Gloom tends to be my home base when I run Deadlands so I always have a few things ready for players who pass through the City o' Gloom. I hope this helps.

Um, hell yeah. Graverobber stuff was awesome. I do have the box set, but it's so chock full o' goodness I haven't made it all the way through yet, so the paintings are news to me, as well. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: