Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hold Errata and splitting Full Auto hits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimtree
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Hold Errata and splitting Full Auto hits Reply with quote

Couple of questions if that's ok.

I recently bought the Explorer edition of Deluxe, and was very happy to see the Errata was fixed in it, but then I saw the rule, allowing you to use your held action if shaken directly after the action which shook you and not lose it, was not put in the book. Was there a change in direction with this? I always thought that you should lose the action, and that is part of the gamble of holding, just checking what the official rule still is.

Also, when firing on full auto, can you spread your dice across multiple targets? I am sure I have read that ruling in the book but can't find it anywhere. If you can, how do you split the dice? Do you call a target and roll a dice for each one after the other?

Thanks in advance
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Hold Errata and splitting Full Auto hits Reply with quote

grimtree wrote:
I recently bought the Explorer edition of Deluxe, and was very happy to see the Errata was fixed in it, but then I saw the rule, allowing you to use your held action if shaken directly after the action which shook you and not lose it, was not put in the book. Was there a change in direction with this? I always thought that you should lose the action, and that is part of the gamble of holding, just checking what the official rule still is.

Rule should state now, "If a character is Shaken while on Hold, he immediately loses his “Hold” status and any remaining actions for the round. If the victim soaks the attack and avoids the Shaken result, he remains on Hold."

So if the Hold character is Shaken (and doesn't immediately spend a Benny to remove it), they lose their Hold status and all actions for that round, meaning they would not get a Spirit roll to recover until their action on the following round.

grimtree wrote:
Also, when firing on full auto, can you spread your dice across multiple targets? I am sure I have read that ruling in the book but can't find it anywhere. If you can, how do you split the dice? Do you call a target and roll a dice for each one after the other?

Check pg 75 of SWDex under Rate of Fire.

"A submachine gun with a RoF of 3, for example, allows the player to roll up to three Shooting dice at once at up to three different targets. These shots can be split among all possible targets as the player desires, but must all be taken at the same time."

Then under the example (rolling over to pg 76)...

"The player decides to put two shots into the closest terrorist and one at the further target. He rolls the two at the closest terrorist first, then rolls a third d8 for the second. He also rolls his Wild Die."

Alternatively, if the player has different colored dice, he can simply designate which color is for which target and roll them all at once.

Hope that helps.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: