Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 2000's (The Miniatures)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DHRDawg
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 2000's (The Miniatures) Reply with quote

I ran a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 2000's at Gencon this year. The original idea came from the comic from Alan Moore called The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, in it he merged a bunch of fictional characters into one world, characters like Mina Harker, Allan Quartermain, The Invisible Man and Dr. Jekyll.

A few years ago, as an April Fool's Day joke Top Shelf put out a fake cover of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen America: 1988. It featured B. A. Baracus, Doc Brown, Lisa (Weird Science), MacGuyver and Jack Burton and a lot of cool past League members in paintings in the background. I thought the idea was fantastic and wanted that comic!

Then I heard a few podcasts of actual play episodes that ran their version of that cover. I thought, "Brilliant! I want to do that!" So this year I did.

I picked the 2000's to start with and plucked characters and villains from that pop-culture time line (movies, TV, video games...all fair game). I also picked a "theme" and what was popular in the 2000's (and to this day) but ZOMBIES, so my game was very zombie heavy with a sprinkling of Loveccraft and some humor.

Here are the characters...

This is Beatrix Kiddo aka the Bride aka Black Mamba from Kill Bill. Its an RAFM Miniature.

This is Cherry Darling from Planet Terror (Grindhouse). I used the girl from Reaper Miniature (50157: Townsfolk: Ladies of the Night) and cut off the leg and attached a M-16 to her leg. Another this about Cherry...I gave her the Edge Useless Talents, basically a renamed Jack of All Trades Edge. In one game the guy playing her used it to attach a machete to an NPC's stump after he had lost his arm, he rolled INCREDIBLE on the roll and that NPC went with the hacking into zombies all the way until the end of the game! Awesome!

This is Columbus from Zombieland a Reaper Miniature.

This was used for the character Elvis aka Sebastian Haff from the movie Bubba Ho-Tep starring Bruce Campbell. The mini is from Hasslefree Miniatures, the mini is even named "Bubba" in their catalog.

This is Lara Croft, another one from Hasslefree.

This is Machete! From the movie of the same name...love this movie! When I saw the mini from East Riding Miniatures, I knew I had to put him in the group. The character included the Hinderance "Machete Don't Text" (basically renamed the No Thumbs Hinderance), the Ugly Hinderance (No disrespect Danny Trejo!) and the Edge No Mercy. All that seemed appropriate.

NACHO!!!!! I used this Reaper mini as Nacho Libre...again one of favorite movies! Just matched the paint scheme to his costume. "Chancho, I need to borrow some sweats!"

Shaun Riley of Shaun of the Dead fame from Hasslefree minis. They have another version of him swinging that cricket bat and another as a zombie. Cool stuff.

This is from Reaper Miniatures also. I used this as Tallahassee from Zombieland. It seemed to fit the character somewhat.
DHRDawg
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to do logos and GM screen for my games. Here is one I did for this game. I liked the look of the LXG movie posters and Triple Ace Games' League setting (love the logos and covers they do!). If you look at those you can see similarities. I thought the rugged dirty brown background matched my zombie theme pretty good.

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those miniatures! I especially like how you've decorated the bases to give a little more character (particularly the open manhole cover and the newspaper).
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
I love those miniatures! I especially like how you've decorated the bases to give a little more character (particularly the open manhole cover and the newspaper).

Thanks Jordan I wish I was that good of a modeler. I did buy those bases. They are from Micro Art Studios, they have some really cool bases.

http://www.microartstudio.com/
badash56
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look great, I'd love to see stats on the characters if you're willing to share!
DHRDawg
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badash56 wrote:
These look great, I'd love to see stats on the characters if you're willing to share!

Sure. I just put them up on Google docs.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7owTrEn_umyTURnSGVSbkpJZU0

They are 40 point Savage Worlds characters plucked from movies set in the 2000's. I could've went real crazy and made some of the characters up to Legendary rank (like The Bride) but since it was a 4 hour convention game and some people might not have even played Savage Worlds before I stuck to 40 points across the board. I modeled the character sheets from a previous Pinnacle character sheet that I really liked, made a logo, picked a background that fit the zombie style game I was running and I was good to go.
badash56
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, great idea for a one shot. I'd be too tempted to pump them up to Legendary like you said, haha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: