Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deadlands Reloaded: Blessed and Barrier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorrinAvatan
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Deadlands Reloaded: Blessed and Barrier Reply with quote

Hello,

Currently running a Deadlands: Reloaded game, and one of my players came up with a question I can't see addressed in the rules (or at least I can't find).

As I understand it, Blessed do not have Power Points: they can cast any spell at any time so long as they make the Faith roll with the penalties associated with that spell for level, wounds, etc.

However, Barrier is a spell that Blessed get; it allows you to create 1" of "wall" for each power point spent to pay for the spell.

There is my problem: the amount of wall they can make using the spell is limited by power points: but Blessed don't have any. Am I missing something in the rules for Blessed? How are they supposed to use spells that require "X effect per Y power points" when their core mechanic is "I don't use power points?"
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Deadlands Reloaded: Blessed and Barrier Reply with quote

CorrinAvatan wrote:
As I understand it, Blessed do not have Power Points: they can cast any spell at any time so long as they make the Faith roll with the penalties associated with that spell for level, wounds, etc.

However, Barrier is a spell that Blessed get; it allows you to create 1" of "wall" for each power point spent to pay for the spell.

There is my problem: the amount of wall they can make using the spell is limited by power points: but Blessed don't have any. Am I missing something in the rules for Blessed? How are they supposed to use spells that require "X effect per Y power points" when their core mechanic is "I don't use power points?"

They try to ask for the power using as many PPs as they wish... but the GM still has the power to say they are exceeding the tenets of their belief and apply a penalty to the roll or even consider it a Sin.

See here and the linked posts within...

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=279252#279252

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: