Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doc Ace Builds the Junker-Jet 9000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtomicSamuraiCyborg
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Doc Ace Builds the Junker-Jet 9000 Reply with quote

So I've been pouring over Iron Oasis and Junkman Cometh again (because I really can't stop), and an idea I had has captured me. I love HOE and I also love Warhammer 40k, especially my beloved space orks. The awesome new Dakka Jet model has ignited my love for orky junk aircraft, and I've decided on the ambitious project to hack my way through the Junkman Cometh and Iron Oasis rules to build a full on Junker Jet that would do any ork mekboy or human junker proud!

Still trying to grok the entire flight combat system, but have hit a snag trying to design the jet. The armor rules for aircraft point out harshly you can't just bolt armor onto a plane, because it destroys the aerodynamics and weight ratios, but you can do so when you're designing a junker craft from the frame up. Basically, how do I determine what the armor is? Jet makes no mention of it, so I jumped to Armor and Locomotion. Locomotion says you can add with Armor or the Road Warriors rules, but Jet says you can't use those rules, because planes and cars is different. So...add Armor?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Jet means is that Armor can only be factored in when the vehicle is created - no adding any after that. So, when building an aircraft from scratch you can apply the Armor power as usual - that or they only wanted VTOL aircraft to have armor.

For further questions, the accumulated rulings may be useful: http://www.johnmcneil.com/portal/Gaming/Deadlands/AcumulatedRules/tabid/62/Default.aspx
(They don't cover this question, but they may still be useful.)

Good Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: