Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Rippers] Updating to Deluxe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deep_Flow
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: [Rippers] Updating to Deluxe Reply with quote

I just bought the german version of Rippers. It got already updated to SWEX.

Since I also own a copy the german (and english!) Deluxe rules, I wonder which rules and especially powers from SW DE should be allowed or disallowed. Are there any that render Ripper-Ware obsolete or tipping the game-balance too much in favor of the players ???
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: [Rippers] Updating to Deluxe Reply with quote

Deep_Flow wrote:
I just bought the german version of Rippers. It got already updated to SWEX.

Since I also own a copy the german (and english!) Deluxe rules, I wonder which rules and especially powers from SW DE should be allowed or disallowed. Are there any that render Ripper-Ware obsolete or tipping the game-balance too much in favor of the players ???

There's really no "official" answer to this other than to just go by what is in Rippers now. But I believe others may have run it or be running it since the advent of Deluxe, perhaps they can give advice on what they did.

www.peginc.com
samuraicrab
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept the guts skill. But gave characters free starting points in guts equal to their spirit. Example d8 spirit starts with d8 guts. They can raise this as normal. I have yet to explore ripper teck but I don't understand the reason penalty to guts rolls. You think being part monster would make you less fearful.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Rippers ad in Deluxe and now I want a printed version of it compatible with deluxe in any size, I don't care I just want to have a copy in dead tree to read and enjoy. And possibly take to a convention and run.
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodyax wrote:
I saw the Rippers ad in Deluxe and now I want a printed version of it compatible with deluxe in any size, I don't care I just want to have a copy in dead tree to read and enjoy. And possibly take to a convention and run.

Well...if you're really insistent on a print copy there's new and preowned available on Amazon beginning at the affordable price of $100! Surprised I got the PDF fairly recently from drivethrurpg and although it was fairly pricey for a SW setting it had the advantage of being a ZIP that included the regular PDF and a printer-friendly PDF without the blood spattered backgrounds. Normally I wouldn't pay the price to print out a PDF and have it sprial bound, but I'm thinking this might be the exception. At only 146 pages, I figure once I cost in the PDF, ink, paper, cardstock and binding its still going to be no more than $40, which is what most SW hardcover settings sell for in my neck of the woods.

In terms of what needs updating the obvious thing is the melee weapons that have the damage in the old format of STR+#, but it's quite obvious what the 2nd dice should be. IIRC there's a PDF circulating somewhere that gives the correct values for conversion. As to the Guts skill, I have another setting that uses it (WW Tour of Darkness) and I just substituted it with Spirit. For edges that require the Guts skill -there's only 1 ("Stout Hearted") in Rippers- I always just sub in the Spirit attribute and increase the Prerequisite dice level by 1 increment. For any NPC or beast that has guts I just ensure the Spirit is at least the same level. I've never found the discountinued need to invest in the Guts skill unbalanced the game in any noticable way. It does mean a PC's Fear prevention advances slower, but if anything I found in ToD that it made for more challenging gameplay and better roleplaying.

I haven't found anthing in Rippertech that would need updating based on SWD. If anything, the new Dramatic Tasks could be used in the process to enhance it and make it more interesting.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Rippers is going SWEX eventually. When it drops in that format I'll be picking it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: