Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Adventure Time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VileJester
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Savage Adventure Time! Reply with quote

I'm actually mildly surprised this didn't pop up in search. Sitting around D&D one night someone jokingly starting talking about stats for princess bubblegum, then we all slowly realized that AT would be an awesome setting. I plan on getting my greasy mitts on the Deluxe version for expanded races (Ooo has a lot of them), but i was wondering if anyone else has done (or thought about) AT as a setting and had some suggestions for us.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I #love Adventure Time! Schma-bow!

First, have you seen the Adventure Time RPG? It looks awesome to me, but I'm not a 4E guy so I can't really use it. Might be good place to mine some ideas.

I watch Adventure Time with my 8-year-old son. This week I offered to buy him a bunch of 2" Adventure Time figures and teach him to play Savage Worlds in the Land of Ooo, and he said, "Sorry Dad... I just don't play games with dice."

#1eek13

When I get done, he'll love dice games the way Ice King loves princesses. Obsessively!
PaperStab
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage Adventure Time? That would be so math. Cool

I've thought about it, but I haven't had the opportunity to GM at my local game club. Also I'm not sure if they're all that familiar with AT.
samuraicrab
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how to do Jake's shapeshifting power. Probably a speacil Arcane background. >.> <.< Anyways we need to get Adventure time Savaged.
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amusing note... 'Adventure Time' creator Pendleton Ward is a friend of mine and was a regular in my weekly D&D group for a couple years when I was living in L.A.! He also played in my Deadlands games a few times, as well (as a hard-drinkin' prospector named "Smitty Tate"!) I have his character sheet around here somewhere...
VileJester
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Cutter! I don't have a problem with 4e myself but my gaming group avoids it like the plague. That said, It will definitely be a great starting point for a conversion (they included a lot of stuff i didn't even think about). I'm also glad to see so much support for this idea Mr. Green

Ogma wrote:
Amusing note... 'Adventure Time' creator Pendleton Ward is a friend of mine and was a regular in my weekly D&D group for a couple years when I was living in L.A.! He also played in my Deadlands games a few times, as well (as a hard-drinkin' prospector named "Smitty Tate"!) I have his character sheet around here somewhere...

Surprised
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogma, when you talk to Pendleton please tell him his cartoon is math-matical. MATH-MATICAL! Very Happy Which is to say, genius.

VileJester wrote:
(they included a lot of stuff i didn't even think about).

Two things I think need to be included, if they're not already...

The "BOM-bah"

Setting Rules for performing songs.
VileJester
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, got my deluxe version in the mail today and started making races! Ran into a bit of a snag with fire people though......

Tell me if this sounds balanced:

Immunity to fire/ Fire based attacks and heat environmental effects

Weakness to water: Suffer 1d6 damage when doused in at least a gallon of water (+2 per gallon, Max +6)

Constantly gives off moderate light in a small burst template (this can't be turned off, bonuses given to stealth in darkness are reversed)

Natural weapons 1d6+Str (fire)

Quote:
Two things I think need to be included, if they're not already...

The "BOM-bah"

Setting Rules for performing songs.

The bombah is probably just a re skinned grenade, ..if they ever manage to access it Twisted Evil

Not sure about songs though....
Linktoreality
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done anything more with this, VileJester? I'm actually planning to run a Savage Worlds Adventure Time game for my first-timer S.O., so this is highly relevant to my interests!
SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this could be run with just the SWD, I'd suggest using the Super Powers Companion. Even at the lowest setting (Street Level), it should help you more accurately model Jake, Flame Princess, Ice King, and Lady Rainicorn.

Finn's power points could go towards Super Skill in Fighting, and so on.
Baiyo
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageGamerGirl wrote:
Finn's power points could go towards Super Skill in Fighting, and so on.

Yes, I'd say his demon-blood sword counts as a heavy weapon. And it's definitely a setting where characters have powerful combat edges at low ranks. Using the SPC sounds about right.
Rerun941
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogma wrote:

In an interview with Wizards, Pendleton Ward states that DnD was an influence in creating Adventure Time...

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.aspx?x=dnd/4spot/20110408
Rerun941
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogma wrote:

In an interview with Wizards, Pendleton Ward states that DnD was an influence in creating Adventure Time...

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.aspx?x=dnd/4spot/20110408
Blogotron
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPG's were clearly an influence and I suggest that we get Von Dan to help in this endeavor.

This is the only show that I will choose over educational TV.
VileJester
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linktoreality wrote:
Done anything more with this, VileJester? I'm actually planning to run a Savage Worlds Adventure Time game for my first-timer S.O., so this is highly relevant to my interests!

Unfortunately after about 1 or 2 sessions of it there was a schism in my gaming group and it sort of fell by the wayside. However, it did start running through my mind again when i found a used copy of the fantasy companion lurking in my local bookstore about a month ago.......

What little we did do seemed to work out pretty well. I had the players say what race they wanted to be (within reason) and i balanced them with the Deluxe edition. Then it was fairly straightforward goofy fantasy rpg after that (it ended before i could make anything particularly interesting happen...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: