Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rolling with the punches in 50 Fathoms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vonether
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Rolling with the punches in 50 Fathoms Reply with quote

Our first official 50F session was coming into Kiera to drop off some lumber and start our shipping business. (The Maiden Voyage was a "demo" that got everyone on board with the campaign -- Mission Accomplished.)

The two highlights were some bandits that tried to attack them with rowboats in the middle of the night as they were winding their way through misplaced buoys.

The Pirate player asked "Can I make a boating roll to run them over." So 10 minutes of placing a ship map and miniatures was undone while the Pirate PC got a benny for quick thinking.

In port, the party met several interesting characters and eventually offered to help a young lady find her father ... and maybe steal a certain boat. A bold plan for sure.

After a 23 on an Investigation check, the Pirate and his friends the Water Mage, the Merchant and the British Marine Officer, knew where to find both items.

Upon seeing the security surround the two prizes, a rethink was in order. The next session will start with dolphins, some character hitching a ride on said dolphons, and a Fog Horn (snagged from the Booty Edge).

You can't make this S#!^t up people.

At this point, I decided 50F is a "roll with the punches" game. It's a game where the brave GM should say "yes" and let the chips fall where they may. The bragging rights from the stories told will be just icing on the cake of crazy your players will feed you.
FoxBlue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds about right.

Drew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: