Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Sat. Night at Dragon*Con?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boardgamer007
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Savage Sat. Night at Dragon*Con? Reply with quote

Will there be a SSN or Savage Seminar at Dragon*Con this year? I'm new to the Savage Universe and am eager to become immersed in all this Savagery. #gunbattle

I'll even bring minis for Showdown. Wink

Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No organized presence AFAIK. But there is another option in MACE. In case you aren't familiar with it, it's a gaming con held each November and has a strong Savage Worlds presence. As of this year, they've moved from High Point to Charlotte, so it'll be a shorter drive for you.

http://www.justusproductions.com/index.php/justus/mace/2/2/2
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint mentioned something about it in another thread. I might be going, too.

Edit: Sorry, I was mistaken. It was in the Yahoo Group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Savage_Worlds/message/25437
Raise Calculator

Last edited by Kristian Serrano on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boardgamer007
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was me too. Clint, didn't seem like it was a definite. I was wondering if there were others taking up the "unofficial" job.
vickeya
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boardgamer007 wrote:
Yeah, that was me too. Clint, didn't seem like it was a definite. I was wondering if there were others taking up the "unofficial" job.

I don't have all the details, but I know there are going to be some Savage Worlds games on Sunday night, rather than the traditional Saturday night. They will run 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.

I'm running Caravan of Troubles based on my new company's as yet unreleased Tunse'al setting. All four games my husband and I did at Gen Con were well-received.

Edit: I just read through the PDF program. There are 10 or so games during Slot 11 (the Sunday, 6-10 slot) showing Savage Worlds as the system. There are a few more outside that slot, too.

I hope that helps!

Vickey
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be my first time at DragonCon! I'm hoping to get into some Savage games with generic tickets. Anyone know the best place to park? I'll be driving in each morning.
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldfist wrote:
This will be my first time at DragonCon! I'm hoping to get into some Savage games with generic tickets. Anyone know the best place to park? I'll be driving in each morning.
Well, that sucks. I was originally going to go on Sunday, but I instead have to visit my in-laws who live in the middle of Nowhere, FL. I was looking forward to meeting some Savages that weekend, and would have been glad to have finally met you in person as well.
Raise Calculator
doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

This is my 13th year at DCon, I would love to meet some Savages. I am willing to run a game this year, if people are willing to get together. I am leaving tomorrow morning, so you'll have to respond pretty quick.
Boardgamer007
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Saturday afternoon/night? Reply with quote

doctorduckbutter wrote:
This is my 13th year at DCon, I would love to meet some Savages. I am willing to run a game this year, if people are willing to get together. I am leaving tomorrow morning, so you'll have to respond pretty quick.

There are 4 of us who have never played SW before. Would you be interested in running something for some newbies?
doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with newbies, I have introduced many a person to Savage Worlds. It appears that people are getting together on Sunday night from 6-10.
Boardgamer007
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorduckbutter wrote:
I have no problem with newbies, I have introduced many a person to Savage Worlds. It appears that people are getting together on Sunday night from 6-10.

I saw about Sunday but we have to leave Sunday afternoon.
doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to check with my group that I am going with, I already told them I would not be available Sunday night, but I am unsure if I can squeeze away again. Will you be there Friday night? How about Thursday night?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, guys! Yes, there is an "official" Savage Sunday Night at DragonCon from 6-10 PM.

Beautiful Brains has helped organize it, and if you have any questions, just drop by the Beautiful Brains booth in the dealer's room (bottom floor of the Marriott).

Jodi will likely have all the info on all the Savage Worlds games being run (she's organized like that) as well as info on the demo table where there will be folks running all kinds of different awesome games (which since I've been informed I will be on rotation there should include some SW).

That said, if you want to go ahead and look into what's available, this link to the gaming event search should help. Just pick SW from the drop down menu for system and it should show all the schedule Savage Worlds games.

http://gaming.dragoncon.org/index.php/eventsearch

www.peginc.com
Boardgamer007
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group will be trickling in Friday morning. After running though the exhibitor/dealers booths Friday, I plan on camping out in the open gaming area (Hilton basement) all weekend. My son has class Monday morning so we'll have to leave Sunday afternoon.

I'd love to squeeze into a Deadlands or Pulp game.

The sign-up for organized games are locked now.
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boardgamer007 wrote:
My son has class Monday morning so we'll have to leave Sunday afternoon.

Bummer! Class on Labor Day?? That should be outlawed...

I'll be flying in tomorrow night and hopefully having dinner with the Blacks! I'll be at the show all weekend and most of Monday.
vickeya
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a tribal fantasy setting, Tunse'al, using Savage Worlds tomorrow (Saturday) in the Games on Demand area (basement of Hilton) from 1-3. There are no tickets to get for this one. Just show up. I can run with up to eight players. I'll be there about 12:30, most likely, if folks want to ask questions ahead of time.

I'm also running a different game for Savage Sunday Night. That one's a registered event so should appear somewhere in the lists of RPGs.

At least one person will get a prize for playing.

Have a great night!

Vickey
Boardgamer007
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this also. Anything midday Sunday? I'll be heading home around 6pm.
vickeya
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boardgamer007 wrote:
I missed this also. Anything midday Sunday? I'll be heading home around 6pm.

If we can get at least two people together at the same time tomorrow, I'll run a "game on demand" for a two hour game (adjustable if folks have a little less or more time). It'd be best if we start soon enough to end by 2 p.m. I can't get to the con before 10 a.m., but if you stop by the Games on Demand table at the bottom of the escalator in the basement of the Hilton, tell whoever is there you want to play Savage Worlds. If you leave your cell # with them, I can contact you if we get a couple of folks to sign up and set a time.

Also, in the same area, there's a list of demos being run throughout the con. Clint Black and Eloy Lasanta have been running some demos at specific times.

We hope to see you at the Games on Demand/Demo area!

Vickey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: