Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWEX to SWD - changes and additions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnii
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Power skills are now bought as if the fictional linked stat is always higher than the current skill level, as opposed to previously counted as if the skill was higher than the stat (and thus Super Power skills are "cheaper" in SWDeluxe than SWExplorer)

See Savage Worlds Deluxe book page 104 or http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34343
werecorpse
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of spells have got the ability to be cast on multiple people for little extra cost (I think). This seems to have vastly improved a bunch of spells which were pretty good anyway.

Arcane edge seemed pretty good anyway.

What was the thinking behind this?

In fact now I look again invisibility spell is target self.

How does the multiple target thing work with that?

Also the wording under additional targets for boost/lower traits is different from under burrow which is again different from almost everything else.

Is this intended? What does the difference mean?
Mylon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boost/Lower Trait was pretty pointless without the multitarget capability. Raising a die type as an entire action (a risky one, as the spell could fail) is kinda pointless. I'd rather just deal damage than boost a single person's ability to deal damage. Compare this to, say, blast.

Other spells that needed this: Darkvision, Environmental Protection, Smite. Other spells also get the benefit, but were pretty useful on their own.
raikenclw
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pariah74 wrote:
ogbendog wrote:
It was stated I think by Clint, that it depends on teh party. If a WC is under the command of another, then yet, it could count

That was how I explained it to my group for EX Edition. As soon as I said they could have the benefits but they had to be a subordinate to the one with the edge, the discussion was pretty much over. Laughing

Ah...players, so predictable. Razz

Yeah. Being an oddball can really throw them . . .

Back in the dim mists of pre-history (the mid-90s, in college), I was playing the only ghoul in a PC party otherwise comprised of World of Darkness (WoD) vampires. I was actually blood-bound to another PC, which - in case you aren't familiar with WoD - meant I was a slave, one shallow step above a mere human in vampire social status. NOTE: The game didn't last long enough for me to get back-stabbed as I assumed I would be, going in . . .

The thing is, the other players - being players - kept asking my character's opinion during in-game discussions. Each time this happened, I would look over at my "Master" and he would answer for me. This was especially disconcerting for the others, since I was usually the group's GM and because I was (then) in my late twenties, while my "Master" was 16 . . .

After a bit, I excused myself for a few minutes, went to my dorm room and got busy with some cardboard, markers and duct tape. I returned to the game with a sign standing up on the front of a headband: "I'M A GHOUL. TALK TO HIM." Below this was an arrow pointing toward where my "Master" was sitting beside me at the table.

Everybody died laughing, but they got the point.
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

werecorpse wrote:

Also the wording under additional targets for boost/lower traits is different from under burrow which is again different from almost everything else.

Is this intended? What does the difference mean?

Actually, the wording for Burrow and Boost/Lower is exactly the same.

The difference with the others is that for those other powers the caster must pay the base cost for each recipient. For example, to turn three targets invisible costs 15 power points. In a few cases, such as Darksight and Confusion, the difference is meaningless, but there you go.
JmOz01
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mass battle, funny I read it differently. I read that there are a minimum of three rolls each round

Player vs GM
GM vs Player
Moral

First 2 are opposed rolls to determine losses on the other side (The GM vs Player costs the player tokens)
chatterbox
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't specifically see this earlier in the thread, but are there any errata / rules changes between the Deluxe hardcover and Deluxe explorer's edition?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chatterbox wrote:
I didn't specifically see this earlier in the thread, but are there any errata / rules changes between the Deluxe hardcover and Deluxe explorer's edition?

All of the Deluxe Edition errata was included in the printing of the Deluxe: Explorer's Edition. The errata can be found here, under the Savage Worlds: Core spoiler (look for SWD Errata, at the bottom of the list).
chatterbox
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I had the direct link for the errata but hadn't found the rest of those goodies in the sidebar.
I guess once I get my Deluxe Explorer's Edition, the fancy hardback will just stay on my shelf and look pretty Smile
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!
chatterbox wrote:
Thank you! I had the direct link for the errata but hadn't found the rest of those goodies in the sidebar.
I guess once I get my Deluxe Explorer's Edition, the fancy hardback will just stay on my shelf and look pretty Smile

I use both, regularly. The errata fits on one side of a single sheet of paper, making it the shortest errata update I've ever seen.
I just printed that off, stuck it in the back cover, and remember to check it for relevancy when I'm using the book.

But, to each their own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: