Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bokkors in Deadlands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamesmeister
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Bokkors in Deadlands Reply with quote

Do any of the published Deadlands books cover bokkors and their use of dark voodoo magic?

I looked in River of Blood at the Voodoo book, but while that touches on Bokkors, it only really covers 'good' voodoo magic i.e. suitable for PCs.

I've also read through Black Circle, which doesn't specifically refer to bokkors but does cover Blood Magic used by the Whateleys. Would it be fair to say that bokkor magic is similar to blood magic?

Thanks
SteelDraco
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just use the rules for black magic and describe it as voodoo? That's what I do for pretty much all evil spellcasters. Mess with some of the mechanics a little bit to echo the "good" version of the arcane background, and you should be all set.
hallahetta
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bokkors in Deadlands Reply with quote

gamesmeister wrote:

I've also read through Black Circle, which doesn't specifically refer to bokkors but does cover Blood Magic used by the Whateleys. Would it be fair to say that bokkor magic is similar to blood magic?

Thanks

Havent read through black circle, except for the posse part, but just by looking at the TOC and index on last page, there should be information about bokkors from page 57-71 ish
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelDraco wrote:
Why not just use the rules for black magic and describe it as voodoo? That's what I do for pretty much all evil spellcasters. Mess with some of the mechanics a little bit to echo the "good" version of the arcane background, and you should be all set.

That's a paraphrase of the official [classic] advice for running Baron Simon LaCroix, the biggest bokkor in the setting.
gamesmeister
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all

I was planning to use Blood Magic as a fall back, but was hoping they might have covered some of the darker sides to voodoo separately (as they hinted at in River of Blood).

No worries though, there's plenty of material for me to work with

Cheers
Gerry
King Snarf
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, basically, black magic is flexible enough that you can throw around various descriptors- witchcraft, voodoo, etc. Check out the trappings bit in each black magic spell's description.

Check out my author page!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: