Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incapacitation and Crouching question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Semper Mortalitas
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Incapacitation and Crouching question. Reply with quote

Greetings,
A couple of questions that have been buzzing in my head.

Crouching: Could you please clarify a few thoughts for me. Grants a -1 penalty to ranged attacks but you move at half your Pace. There is no movement cost to Crouch or stand from a Crouch.
1) Why would you not just move your full Pace then Crouch. Next round stand, rinse and repeat?
2) Regardless if the above is legal or not, going Prone costs nothing and a person with a normal Pace can move farther and gain a better modifier vs ranged attacks. So why use Crouch?

Incapacitation: SWEX vs SWD. In SWEX if you were Incapacitated but got a Raise on your Vigor roll you were still in the fight. In SWD it appears as though Incapacitation is the end, and barring any setting effects (Power based Healing for example) if you are Incapacitated you are out of the conflict. Is this correct?

Thank you for your help.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Incapacitation and Crouching question. Reply with quote

Semper Mortalitas wrote:
Crouching: Could you please clarify a few thoughts for me. Grants a -1 penalty to ranged attacks but you move at half your Pace. There is no movement cost to Crouch or stand from a Crouch.
1) Why would you not just move your full Pace then Crouch. Next round stand, rinse and repeat?
2) Regardless if the above is legal or not, going Prone costs nothing and a person with a normal Pace can move farther and gain a better modifier vs ranged attacks. So why use Crouch?

Not really the topic for "why" questions, but since I'm already covering the second question... neither of those choices helps the character is attacked while moving such as when an opponent on Hold or with the Joker interrupts their action. The effect of moving while crouching is there for that option or other situations where the character may have to crouch while moving (such as in a tunnel or other tight space).

Semper Mortalitas wrote:
Incapacitation: SWEX vs SWD. In SWEX if you were Incapacitated but got a Raise on your Vigor roll you were still in the fight. In SWD it appears as though Incapacitation is the end, and barring any setting effects (Power based Healing for example) if you are Incapacitated you are out of the conflict. Is this correct?

Correct. Barring Setting Rules, a character who is Incapacitated is down until they heal or are healed from that condition.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: